• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Norwegian translation

I noticed a small company, Omnimedia (www.omnimedia.no) is also working on a Norwegian translation. They are also charging for it in some undefined manner, it seems.

I would be happy to co-work to a translation intended as a contribution, also any shipping mods or whatever else needed. I did quite some PHP programming lately.

Bjorn J Antonsen

-- Bjorn --

OK, great work Tor Olav!

This leaves us with the shipping modules, and perhaps any Norwegian specific payment modules.

I will start on the shipping stuff this week, but I am not sure where. We do have quite a few options on shipping in Norway these days, and I will be needing both "Tollpost" and "Posten". Unless I hear about someone else working on "Posten", I guess I'll start there.

Are there any discussions around somewhere about preferred payment options for online credit card handling in Norway? I know of some options, but I am actually still waiting for PayPal to start dealing with international currencies. I haven't seen anything comparing to PayPal on price yet. Please let me know if you know something I don't on this subject.

Bjorn

-- Bjorn --

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm really new to all this, but I have finally gotten the whole thing up and running. A few things are still bugging me though, the worst being the checkout process. Anyone gotten started on a Norwegian shipping/tax(mva) module yet? If anyone has, please drop me a line or reply to this post.

Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that Posten will continue confusing us, and after Jan 1st 2003 they are giving us a new pricing system for packages.

They will now consider both weight and volume in order to get a higher charge for lightweight goods.

I have no idea how this could be implemented in a shipping module. Anyway, I stopped my work on my shipping module for Postens current rates (going slow anyway), and I implemeted it using the table module for now.

Bjorn

-- Bjorn --

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing this after all, as one of my clients wanted it. Should be ready in a day or two. The freight rate will only be calculated from weight, not from volume.

Did anyone translate the 'configuration' MySQl table to Norwegian yet?

Bjorn

-- Bjorn --

• 2 weeks later...

I got this error from one of you:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1054 - Unknown column 'NONE' in 'where clause'

select * from posten_postnr where NONE>=fra_nr and NONE<=til_nr

[TEP STOP

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This error will show when you have not configured your store's postal code (Configure->Shipping/Packaging->Postal Code).

We do need to know where we are shipping from in order to calculate the shipping... :)

Bjorn

-- Bjorn --

Hi Bjorn

I have now ran the "servicepakke2002.sql" and uploaded the files.

Help needed I get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '>=fra_nr and <=til_nr' at line 1

select * from posten_postnr where >=fra_nr and <=til_nr

[TEP STOP]

I can't figure this out... :?:

The same as the error explained above. The CSV I used to write this package puts your stores postal code in the STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP constant. If yours is different, you can hardcode your local postal code into line 28 of the catalog/includes/modules/shipping/servicepakke.php:

$fra_nr = xxxx; //xxxx being your postal code

-- Bjorn --

Also, this error might occur if the customer has not given any postal code in his address. I would guess some modification could handle this, but I am not sure how to tell the customer about this error.

-- Bjorn --

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,794/type,2

Version 1.1, for current CVS.

This package adds the Servicepakke shipping method used by Posten in Norway.

If version 1.0 works for you, you don't need this. This version only makes sure there are a Store Postal Code defined, and lets you edit it when configuring the package itself. Should work better with earlier releases of osCommerce, even though I have not tested any.

-- Bjorn --

• 1 month later...

I still get the error message described above even though I manually entered the postal code and made sure the postal code was enetered by the customer. Could it be something wrong in some of the mods I (or we) have applied?

Thank you for the translation. It was very neatly done.

But... I got a strange error...( see below )...anyone else got this. I got this right after I tried to register a new account BEFORE I began to customize the layout and stuff...

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/einar/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/norwegian/create_account_process.php:50) in /home/einar/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 23

Hi!

I got the following error when trying to buy something with the Postens Servicepakke turned on:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '>=fra_nr and <=til_nr' at line 1

select * from posten_postnr where >=fra_nr and <=til_nr

[TEP STOP]

Yes. I have entered a zip (a norwegian one)...

I'm not very into osCommerce (just testing it for a possible costumer where the Posten Servicepakke will be a must), but I haven't done much (except from running the 2003 SQL script and installing the files related to this) to the system, so it shouldn't be much wrong in what I've done.

Any ideas?

(The scripts (not the db) are running on a Win2000 (sic.) server.)

- Mathias[/b]

• 3 months later...