• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Protx Form Payment Module

egattocs

Hi All

We have recently set up our webshop to use Protx for payments received. We have just activated the 3D Secure portion, but now whenever transactions are being processed at the point where the cusomter chooses to 'Proceed' to the 3D Secure data entry, they get thrown back into the checkout process in our webshop. Back to where you choose the mothod of payment.

Could this be to do with the need for the VPS Protocol 2.22? I notice one version of the Module states that it is ready for 2.22, however, a later upload only states that it has been tested with 2.21. I have tried bother versions, with no luck.

Has anybody else encountered problems with Protx and 3D Secure at all?

I hope somebody is able to help.

Many thanks in advance

Scott

Hi

Sorry to keep bumping this, but at the moment we're a bit stuck. I can't find any mention of anybody else encountering a problem with VPS 2.22 and this module. I hope somebody can help.

Many thanks

Scott

Protx tech support should give you some ideas when you first requested the 3D service, which is not something you'd just activate at your own will?

Maybe you are selling expensive items online? 3D secure is a hassle to your customers, who would need first register their cards with verifiedByVisa or its mastercard equivalence. I personally registered with such a scheme years ago but got few chances to use it b/c few online shops at the moment provide such a service. It's good for you the merchant, though, as you could not be liable for chargeback if things go wrong.

Yes 2.22 is a must but then you need to talk to protx in the first instance.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Hi Ken

Thanks for your help with this. We have spoken to Protx, and we've set up 3D secure on our account already. I know what you mean, not many stores use it yet. The reason we are so interested in it is that we are an international store, and we have trouble with getting orders for dodgey amounts already, so we thought 3D secure might help out with that. I will speak to protx some more!

Thanks again for your help!

Scott