• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Atrributes in product_listing

Clint Fern

Hi,

I am in the process of constructing a site using v2.2 and was wondering if it was possible to show various product attributes in product_listing.php?

I've trawled through the forums & contribution and haven't spotted anything - sorry if there is something already up.

The reason I want this rather than having to go through the product_info page is that the product - meat from an organic farm - is quite simple and it would be nice to choose a size i.e 2kg from a drop down list in the category section...

Yours in hope

Clint

Anything is possible... it will require some serious adapting of the code.

Have a look at the contribution to add a description to the product listing...

it shows you how to implement a part of the description. You could use that as a base to fetch the attributes for all products and make them in a dropdown.

An easier (and less resources consuming) option would be to create a page that does not show all the product_info.php stuff, just the title & dropdown for your attribs if any.

So basically a clienthits Buy Now and sees a simple screen that says:

Bucket 'o Dead Cow :D

1 kg + 10.00

2 kg + 17.00

etc

Customer selects and product is added to cart.

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has implemented this type of functionality yet?

I am about to start working on something similar, so if anyone could shed any light on the situation, I would be very greatful for any contributions that could help me, or any hints / tips.

I think that this is a necessary feature for osC. :-"

Thanks

R.

Archived