• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin login

msaunders

• 7 months later...
Its ok, I got it sorted.... I used htaccess ...

thanks

I really struggled with .htaccess. Is password protecting a dir at server level as good or should I really use .htaccess?

John

Its ok, I got it sorted.... I used htaccess ...

thanks

I really struggled with .htaccess. Is password protecting a dir at server level as good or should I really use .htaccess?

John

Password protecting a directory in general can lead to problems... Depending on how you set it up, other files may not be able to access anything in that directory. .htacces is just about the mostful thing available to a webmaster. use it.

Password protecting a directory in general can lead to problems... Depending on how you set it up, other files may not be able to access anything in that directory. .htacces is just about the mostful thing available to a webmaster. use it.

I am trying to get my head around .htaccess and .htpasswd but no joy. I have this in my .htaccess file:

AuthType Basic

AuthName "john"

AuthUserFile /home/delicatadeuk/passwords/.htpasswd

<Limit GET POST>

require valid-user

</Limit>

Is this right? I have looked through loads of posts in the forum and still looking. Someone please help a very green webmaster.

I need to get this sorted as I have to offer a quote for an e-com site this week.

TIA :?:

Password protecting a directory in general can lead to problems...  Depending on how you set it up, other files may not be able to access anything in that directory.  .htacces is just about the mostful thing available to a webmaster.  use it.

I am trying to get my head around .htaccess and .htpasswd but no joy. I have this in my .htaccess file:

AuthType Basic

AuthName "john"

AuthUserFile /home/delicatadeuk/passwords/.htpasswd

<Limit GET POST>

require valid-user

</Limit>

Is this right? I have looked through loads of posts in the forum and still looking. Someone please help a very green webmaster.

I need to get this sorted as I have to offer a quote for an e-com site this week.

TIA :?:

take a look at this page, it should help. Its the one I personally use to set up mysql, php and apache, not to mention my htaccess/htpasswd files.

Linux Guruz Htaccess Page

There is a contribution that does admin level access, its in the contributions, you should check it out. (use htaccess to compliment it ;) )

and Good luck.

Thomas Keats

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived