• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Currency problem

Im using v2.1

The site is defaulted to GBP,and everything works ok. Except when i look at an order in admin>orders it displays the price in USD. Any ideas how i can change this?

Also i noticed some people mention updating the exchange rate, how do you do this, as this is something that really i should be doing everyday!!

Thanks

... Also i noticed some people mention updating the exchange rate, how do you do this, as this is something that really i should be doing everyday!! ...

In the administration tool, click (in the menu bar) on Localization->Currencies. On this page there is a button to update the currencies.

• 2 weeks later...

:shock:

Hi,

I now on the page you suggest but I could not find where to set the currency value .

The currency value has difference for each country. And on the currencies.php has show that

Example Output:

0.45 US$ = 0.45 B. (Thai Baht)

:idea: Remarks:

Real value is 1US$ = 45 baht

This is not correct when visitor change the currency between 2 currencies.

How do we get the automatically change the currency value ?

I found that the www.echoshop.com can do this but I really need the www.oscommerce.com

Please quide and thank so much.

Cyberwild

just a question:: which version are you using??

In the 2.2CVS, there is a button on the currencies page to update the currencies via the iternet. You must be using the ISO3 code for the currency abbreviation.

Hi,

I now use the release 2.1. :shock:

I will try to use the 2.2 as your suggestion. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Do you know about 2.2, there has any bug do I have to beware ? :?:

Thank you very much to response. :wink:

Cyberwild.

I got notify at the top page about this.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/siamtouc/siamtouch-www/cart/catalog/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

What permission I have to change to be ?

All program now run well with the Oscommerce 2.2, Greate.

Thank you.

2.2 is as stable as a very large, very stable rock (note: possible exaggeration). There's no bugs that i have run into so far, and I have been running it for a while. I have a client about to go live on 2.2CVS.

• 1 year later...

The last few weeks when I try and update currencies, the page seems to refresh, however the data doesn not change. Has OANDA changed codes or something?

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I have a problem with my currency settings, the install of OSC 2.2 had the ISO settings set to - GB and GBR ....

That did'nt seem to cause any problems until now....

I have installed a few addons like:

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN-Version-2.9

Master_products-v1.1.5

EP_v2_74_MS2

Now for some reason i have lost the product price showing up in the admin area, plus after trying to update my currencies the GBR got rejected.

I then changed the GBR to GBP as it should be and updated my currencies with no problem.... Then i noticed i had no prices showing up in the main areas of the shop also ....

I've had to create another currency with settings GB and GBR and the prices are showing up again, but still not in the admin area...

Also with just using the GBP I get the wrong figures showing up on the orders in admin, yet they are fine at the customer end, but with both the currencys installed its showing the correct figures again.

I'm at a total lose at what is causing this to happen.

Any help would be appreciated,

Gazza....

There is no justice ...... Just Us!

Hi,

Just thought I'd better be more precise on where the prices are not showing in admin.

Under Reports ... Like Products Viewed / Products Purchased.

If i click on any of the products in these areas then no price shows up at all.

Thanks,

Gazza....

There is no justice ...... Just Us!

• 2 months later...

Archived