• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Name in breadcrumb rather than the item number?

Rachael w.

One of our sites is using the default breadcrumb trail in the header. I see that it is giving the product item number in the trail (ex. HOME ? ? 8 Track Cartridge ? 8-7) where 8-7 is the item number.

I would like it to be: HOME > 8 Track Cartridge >"J" The Way to Become THE SENSUOUS WOMAN which would be the product name.

How does one change this? I have the header tag controller contrib installed.

Also, if anyone knows if it is possible to have the header tag controller contrib automatically give the item a product title tag with the category and product name? Currently it changes the name to the product name but I would like the category and name (ie: 8 Track Cartridge "J" The Way to Become THE SENSUOUS WOMAN)

Thanks in advance for your help I did a search of the forums for this info but didnt find anything!

For anyone interested! I also wanted my breadcrumb to be in my title (meta tag). This post worked like a charm! Meta Tags For Your Oscommerce Shop

Now I have page titles like this: "Records 45 rpm 4 SEASONS Little Angel / Big Man" or "Category Subcategory Title Shop Name" instead of just my shop name!

I also removed the header tag controller contrib, it was causing problems with the more pics contrib.

I am very happy with these results, if anyone is looking for something simlar this would be highly reccomended!

• 8 months later...

Hi all

I must admit that this solutions is by far the easiest solution to implement for automatic meta-tag generation of your Osc shop. It took me 5 minutes to install, and it works on all pages of my shop. I love the result.

I just have one question, to make it look better. The title of my OSC shop article pages is now <category - article - shopname>. I prefer this in another order, namely:

<shopname - categories - article>. Could anyone suggest how to do this? I have made an attempt, which gave me the preferred order, but I did not succeed to make the word seperator move together with the words (result: <shopnamecategories - article - ), which looks bad. Suggestions anyone?

Compliments to Julie for the meta-tag contribution, and to Sarath for the breadcrumbs contribution. Together they work great!

Thanks, Mike

In addition to my previous post, i was also wondering how to add new tags to Julie's <A

href="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=200484&view=findpost&p=824481"

>meta tag generator script</A>, like the author and language tags (to be filled in manually, identical on all pages).

Suggestions please?

thanks, Mike

Archived