• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation of easy discount module-Help Please

Rachelle

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate some help with this. I am really new to the web owner buisness and have no clue where to install this module. I want to give my new customers a 10% discount on their first order and when they refer someone to our store they will get another 10% off of their next order (of course their friend will need to make a purchase also.) Will someone please hold my hand through this? Thank You so very much! Rachelle Robin

Ok! I am willing to pay someone to help me with this. If any of you know someone who is willing to help me with this then please contact me. It's getting close the the christmas season and I would really like to get this in place soon. I would really, really appricate it! Thanks-Rachelle Robin

Hi Rachelle,

You sound like me. I've had my store since March 06 and cannot configure or get support from anybody - especially not OS commerce. I want to upgrade my system but have had nightmarish experiences making any modifications to my store. Let me know if you get any responses to this.

It's good to know i"m not the only user who is not a programmer.

Thanks!

Kristen

Hi Rachelle,

You sound like me. I've had my store since March 06 and cannot configure or get support from anybody - especially not OS commerce. I want to upgrade my system but have had nightmarish experiences making any modifications to my store. Let me know if you get any responses to this.

It's good to know i"m not the only user who is not a programmer.

Thanks!

Kristen

Hi Kristen, I will certainly keep you in the loop! Have a great day-Rachelle

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate some help with this. I am really new to the web owner buisness and have no clue where to install this module. I want to give my new customers a 10% discount on their first order and when they refer someone to our store they will get another 10% off of their next order (of course their friend will need to make a purchase also.) Will someone please hold my hand through this? Thank You so very much! Rachelle Robin

for this:

I want to give my new customers a 10% discount on their first order

you can use easy discount and the solution is already in that support forum.

this:

when they refer someone to our store they will get another 10% off of their next order (of course their friend will need to make a purchase also.)

needs a lot more so I would suggest to look in the contribution section for some referal system.

and Kris10wack, you have a total of 3 posts (including this one) so I suggest you rephrase your complaint.

Treasurer MFC

Hi, again, everyone;

I have found (I believe) how to install the easy discount module. but now I have another problem. When I installed it and tried to open it all that is there is symbols, weird letters ect. Did I do it right? Did I put it in the right place? Just a little more guidance please. Thanks Rachelle Robin

Well, the solution that I thought that I had did not work. I am really glad that I backed up my database before I even tried to work with this. I thought I followed the directions but all that I got were errors and it messed up my web site. Maybe I instered the addons in the wrong areas or maybe I installed it in the wrong spot. I'm not sure. I would still like some help with this-please. Thanks Rachelle Robin

Hi, again, everyone;

I have found (I believe) how to install the easy discount module. but now I have another problem. When I installed it and tried to open it all that is there is symbols, weird letters ect. Did I do it right? Did I put it in the right place? Just a little more guidance please. Thanks Rachelle Robin

tried to open it? what do you mean?

Treasurer MFC

Hi, I thought that I explained that. It didn't work anyway. sorry to confuse anyone.-Rachelle

Hey Rachelle,

I am staying tuned. I really hope you can get it to work out for you. Let me know what you find out.

Warmest regerds,

Kristen

you are a wonderful couple your two.

Is that comment necessary? It is my understanding that we are all here in this community to help and support each other regardless of how many questions asked or complaints posted. It is also my understanding that this message board is for everyone including the ones that are new or experienced. So if I make an new friend here and can help them at the same time, Great! What more could I ask for? By the way Amanda-I hope that You have a wonderful day too!-Rachelle Robin

Is that comment necessary? It is my understanding that we are all here in this community to help and support each other regardless of how many questions asked or complaints posted. It is also my understanding that this message board is for everyone including the ones that are new or experienced. So if I make an new friend here and can help them at the same time, Great! What more could I ask for? By the way Amanda-I hope that You have a wonderful day too!-Rachelle Robin

I'm rather green when it comes to the coding of OSCommerce, however I have installed several modules and this one is rather confusing and less intuitive to me. I would recommend looking for another module that will accomplish the same objective and is easier to install, update, and manage. In looking through the contributions I found several modules which may work which I listed below. I will let you judge that for yourself. Remember, I am NOT an expert by a long-short! Keep your eye on the goal :blink:, and go for it :) !

1. ## POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ##

a. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...al+Point+System

2. Discount Coupon Codes

a. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,coupon

3. Credit Class & Gift Voucher

Amanda,

You are really personalizing my dialogue with Rachelle who is being a supportive forum member. Your comments have been a waste of space in this discussion thread. Rachelle has actually helped me by giving me a lead to a solution.

You need to get a grip - and if you have nothing to offer my questions to Rachelle, then you need to stay out of it. I thought this was a support forum - not a cult. I hope you're having a better day today - you seem really anxious. Try a trip to a spa or something. I'm surrounding you with thoughts of peace and white light. May you be blessed and prosperous!!! :thumbsup:

Again Rachelle, thanks for your help. I did make contact with the person you referred me to and he said he'd get back with me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. May you ALSO be blessed and prosperous!!

Edited by Kris10wack

I'm rather green when it comes to the coding of OSCommerce, however I have installed several modules and this one is rather confusing and less intuitive to me. I would recommend looking for another module that will accomplish the same objective and is easier to install, update, and manage. In looking through the contributions I found several modules which may work which I listed below. I will let you judge that for yourself. Remember, I am NOT an expert by a long-short! Keep your eye on the goal :blink:, and go for it :) !

1. ## POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ##

a. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...al+Point+System

2. Discount Coupon Codes

3. Credit Class & Gift Voucher

Thanks-Will look into it.

Amanda,

You are really personalizing my dialogue with Rachelle who is being a supportive forum member. Your comments have been a waste of space in this discussion thread. Rachelle has actually helped me by giving me a lead to a solution.

You need to get a grip - and if you have nothing to offer my questions to Rachelle, then you need to stay out of it. I thought this was a support forum - not a cult. I hope you're having a better day today - you seem really anxious. Try a trip to a spa or something. I'm surrounding you with thoughts of peace and white light. May you be blessed and prosperous!!! :thumbsup:

Again Rachelle, thanks for your help. I did make contact with the person you referred me to and he said he'd get back with me. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. May you ALSO be blessed and prosperous!!

Hey Kristen!

So Cool! I am glad that Ian is working with both of us. I am sure that it will work out great for all of us! Thanks for the warm thoughts and positive energy. Have a wonderful day!-Rachelle :D

Amanda,

Very sweet but this is not your spiritual outlet, this is the osc forum and here the general policy is: if you do not want an answer, don't ask a question and if you don't ask a question, don't complain about the lack of answers.

how is that for enlightenment.

Treasurer MFC

Very sweet but this is not your spiritual outlet, this is the osc forum and here the general policy is: if you do not want an answer, don't ask a question and if you don't ask a question, don't complain about the lack of answers.

how is that for enlightenment.

Rachelle,

If you make any progress through that referral you gave me, please e-mail me directly. This is getting too weird.

Rachelle,

If you make any progress through that referral you gave me, please e-mail me directly. This is getting too weird.

Yeah, I agree! This is way to weird. It is too bad that people act that way! Talk to ya soon-Rachelle

Yeah, I agree! This is way to weird. It is too bad that people act that way! Talk to ya soon-Rachelle

So you do not want help, no questions, no answers, just smooch eachother on these forums, well, fine with me, just got goosebumps all over.

Hope you have a very nice day.

Treasurer MFC