• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search by Price Infobox

glassraven

Search By Price Infobox contribution

Search by Price Infobox allows the shopper select from a price range in an infobox. Ideal for a gift shop type application. Each language can have different price brackets to allow for currency differentiations.

No database modifications required.

Version 2.4 allows you to select from a dropdown list format or text list style format.

Installation document updated to be easier to follow.

Known issue: Items special prices not taken into account so if an items price is usually 24.99 but is reduced to 19.99 it will still apear in the 20-30 bracket not 10-20. I hope to release a bug fix in the next few days.

:) Sadie

Hi,

I installed this long wanted contrib. Very cool. However i have a little issue with it.

When i select for example: 10 to 20 euro products, it also shows products that cost more than 20 euro`s. For example 22.99.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there

Are you using one currency or multiple currencies? Ditto with languages?

I did not encounter this on either the modified store I installed on first or the clean MS2 store I tested the mod on before uploading. Both of these were using single currency & language though.

LMK and I'll test with if necessary.

Hey thanks for this great Contribution.

Anyone else having problems paging to the next page in a listing?

I installed the price infobox contrib and all looks good. However when a price range has more than one page of items I am running into a problem...

When I click to page to the next page of the listing I get re-routed to the first listing ($0-$10 listing).

I tried changing my product_listing.php as I have the product listing module installed(shows items like the new products listing in 4 columns). I reverted back to the out of the box oscomerce product_listing.php but that didn't work...

So if any one else is having this problem give a shout here.

thanks ever so much

Well I answered my own question...partially

Apparently this contribution doesn't work so well with the Search engine safe URLs checked in the admin...

Does anybody have a work around for this??... as I'l like to use the safe URLs AND like the new contrib.

thanks in advance...

-m

Once again I answer myself...

Should anyone have a problem with the paging due to Search engine friendly URLs here is the fix

in your catalog/includes/column_left.php (or right if you chose the right column)

change the:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shop_by_price.php');

to:

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_shop_by_price_box();

} else {

}

That's it!

now this cool contribution should work with Search engine friendly URL's checked true (in the admin)

-ax

I like this contribution but I have several problems. It shows all my items "Out of Stock" and no "Buy Now" button.

Wade Morris

Amarillo, Texas

Before you do any changes on your site you need to do BACKUP! BACKUP!

• 4 months later...
I like this contribution but I have several problems. It shows all my items "Out of Stock" and no "Buy Now" button.

I removed the buy now and quantity columns to temporarily (I hope) take car of that.

Has anyone gotten this contrib to work with Products Short Description v.2 and Stock Status in Product Listing v1.22?Far Horizons Gifts & Decor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

A nice contribution. Is there any way it can be linked to show only the products in a particular price range from the category the customer is currently viewing, rather that the whole site?

Thanks

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

You could most likely modify it so that it would show the products in that category that are within a certain price band. You'd need to modify the shop_by_price.php file in the includes/boxes folder to pass the category name into the shop_by_price.php page in the catalog folder.

You would then edit the sql query to limit it by the category id.

Does that help at all?

Sadie

• 3 weeks later...

HI Mark

I'm haveing the same problem. Tried your fix

} else {

}

but it did not work

anyone have any answers on how to kkep the found set of products when you go to the next page?

Thanks

Hey thanks for this great Contribution.

Anyone else having problems paging to the next page in a listing?

I installed the price infobox contrib and all looks good. However when a price range has more than one page of items I am running into a problem...

When I click to page to the next page of the listing I get re-routed to the first listing ($0-$10 listing).

I tried changing my product_listing.php as I have the product listing module installed(shows items like the new products listing in 4 columns). I reverted back to the out of the box oscomerce product_listing.php but that didn't work...

So if any one else is having this problem give a shout here.

thanks ever so much

----------------------------

Long Island, New York

hi all..

i'd like to use the shop by price infobox and im installing it now. it is said in the read me manual that i have to modify "/includes/sts_display_out.php" if i use STS, but i cant find this file in includes folder. I'm using STS mega power pack, hmm maybe it's version 4.5.2.

anybody can help me? thanks..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Search by Price Infobox allows the shopper select from a price range in an infobox. Ideal for a gift shop type application. Each language can have different price brackets to allow for currency differentiations.

No database modifications required.

Version 2.4 allows you to select from a dropdown list format or text list style format.

Installation document updated to be easier to follow.

Known issue: Items special prices not taken into account so if an items price is usually 24.99 but is reduced to 19.99 it will still apear in the 20-30 bracket not 10-20. I hope to release a bug fix in the next few days.

Hi.... it sounds like a great contribution... i tried to installed it by i am stucked.,,.. :blush:

can you guys specify in what line i should add this code???? do i have to add or replace line??

2: Edit "catalog/includes/application_top.php" adding:

define('FILENAME_SHOP_BY_PRICE','shop_by_price.php');

3: Edit "catalog/includes/column_left.php" or "catalog/includes/column_right.php" adding:

thanks... so much... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
You could most likely modify it so that it would show the products in that category that are within a certain price band. You'd need to modify the shop_by_price.php file in the includes/boxes folder to pass the category name into the shop_by_price.php page in the catalog folder.

You would then edit the sql query to limit it by the category id.

Does that help at all?

Sadie

Hi Sadie,

sorry for the delay replying

That gives me a pointer where to look, I'll have to up my skills a bit to put it into action, but i'll have a go

Thanks again

Dave

HI Mark

I'm haveing the same problem. Tried your fix

} else {

}

but it did not work

anyone have any answers on how to kkep the found set of products when you go to the next page?

Thanks

Does anyone know how to fix this as im having the same problem. thanks

Hi all.

I'm battling with the format of the currency - I want to remove the cents (.00) on the product prices within the Shop-By-Price contrib. Is this possible? eg "From $50 - $100" instead of $50.00, etc.

Can anyone guide me? Sorry for being such a newbie... :-"

Graci,

Lei

hi all..

i'd like to use the shop by price infobox and im installing it now. it is said in the read me manual that i have to modify "/includes/sts_display_out.php" if i use STS, but i cant find this file in includes folder. I'm using STS mega power pack, hmm maybe it's version 4.5.2.

anybody can help me? thanks..

Same here.

Did you find where to put it?

Was this ever fixed? Would be good if it was.

Same here.

Did you find where to put it?

FIX HERE: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...display_out.php

• 1 month later...

I am wanting to have shop by price as the box title. What ever box I have it under is the name of the box.

I went to the contribution download but that file fix does not download.

I know you have to change the files but I am not sure how too. ANy help please?

Thank you

Hi Sadie,

sorry for the delay replying

That gives me a pointer where to look, I'll have to up my skills a bit to put it into action, but i'll have a go

Thanks again

Dave

Hello, Dave and everyone.

PHP coding is very new to me. Have you been able to include codes that will add Specials in the appropriate shop-by-price search-results page?

Your help is much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
How do I get the shop by price - header title off the index page. everything else works great.

when you first pull up the web page it shows the Shop By Price in the header title.

Thanks

I got it figured out it was my own stupidity.