• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Complete Newbie.... Stupid question?

Alright, I'm new to this...

I've recently got in to development and have started using PHP/MySQL, however my home server is on Win2K using IIS5.0.... :oops: although my host uses Apache... :lol:

Can I still use osCommerce at home? Or will I have to install Apache? Any tips on installing to IIS (if it's possible) would be greatly appreciated!!!

Can I still use osCommerce at home? Or will I have to install Apache?

osCommerce will work under both environments.

It is however wiser to have a similar setup to what your host is, and that would be to install Apache on your Windows computer.

Any tips on installing to IIS (if it's possible) would be greatly appreciated!!!

You should consult your Windows documentation for that - but you probably meant installation tips for installing osCommerce with IIS :)

There is some little text available in the tep-docs module. The easiest thing to do is to use the installation module -> http://server/catalog/install/

:heart:, osCommerce

osCommerce will work under both environments.

It is however wiser to have a similar setup to what your host is, and that would be to install Apache on your Windows computer.

I realise that, but as I'm still in the learning phases of PHP/MySQL I decided to stay with IIS which I 'know' rather than jump into Apache as well...

You should consult your Windows documentation for that - but you probably meant installation tips for installing osCommerce with IIS :)

There is some little text available in the tep-docs module. The easiest thing to do is to use the installation module

Yes, I did mean tips for installing osCommerce :idea:

I'll do that... here's hoping! And thanks for the quick reply :D

Archived