• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Qty Product Info

Jack_mcs

No, this contribution does not change the product listing. This contribution makes the attributes a table with boxes for quantity so the customers can just order multiple items at one time

see my site:

Store catalog

clikc pets then trap falls and you will see it in any product there

Thanks lindsayanng!

Do you have any idea which contribution that might be?

....I keep looking and looking, but have found nothing that actually changes the product listing

again thanks!...great pictures on your site!

• 1 month later...

I just installed this and for a product that has attributes with an additional price it works great, but if the attribute has no change to the price ($0.00) no table appears.; I'm wondering if there's a work around for this, so I don't have to go back & edit a few hundred products. For almost all of my products with attributes, it's just something like a color choice so the price does not change.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I just installed and it only shows items that have a price difference. Also, I am using the minimum quantity module, so that a customer must order a minimum of the product. Can I pre-populate the text box with the minimum amount?

I hope someone can fix it only showing items with a price difference.

Also, I have multiple attributes for a product, like Size and Color. Only the Size attribute is showing up, the color doesn't show up at all. So I could have a shirt that has sizes of small, med., large, XL, 2XL, 3XL and colors of white, hunter green, light blue. The way the page displays now is:

Size Price Quantity

2XL $13.95

3XL $14.95

I can choose a different color, or the other sizes that have the same price. I'd like to have something like this: http://gsdesigns.com/sshscrubs/index.php?m...;products_id=20

Thanks!!

Edited by jrthor2

I agree. I just installed and it only shows items that have a price difference. Also, I am using the minimum quantity module, so that a customer must order a minimum of the product. Can I pre-populate the text box with the minimum amount?

I hope someone can fix it only showing items with a price difference.

Also, I have multiple attributes for a product, like Size and Color. Only the Size attribute is showing up, the color doesn't show up at all. So I could have a shirt that has sizes of small, med., large, XL, 2XL, 3XL and colors of white, hunter green, light blue. The way the page displays now is:

Size Price Quantity

2XL $13.95

3XL $14.95

I can choose a different color, or the other sizes that have the same price. I'd like to have something like this: http://gsdesigns.com/sshscrubs/index.php?m...;products_id=20

Thanks!!

Yes, I have the same issue as far as different colors, different sizes & sometimes even different decoration (for tees, etc). This is what I've done so far to try to work around it, but it's taking several days for me to change my all of my listings.

http://www.bellafavori.com/product_info.php?products_id=1024

On top of that, I have some items that have different sizes, different colors & and different personalization options for each! I haven't even come up with a way to list those, I may not be able to.

I also would like something like that chart in the link.

Oh, and it will not work with the minimum qty, which I also use. I have someone trying to make them work together for me, that's waaay beyond my capabilities.

Edited by charinlasvegas

• 1 month later...

hi everyone.. I seem to be having a similar issue to some above me..I have SOME attributes that are $0.00 and no matter WHAT i do, i can NOT get them to show up on the product_info page.

I am PRETTY sure i need to change something here:

while ($products_options = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_query)) {

$products_options_array[] = array('id' => $products_options['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => $products_options['products_options_values_name']);

if ($products_options['options_values_price'] != '0') {

$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';

if ($products_options['price_prefix'] == '+') {

$price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] + $products_options['options_values_price']);

} else {

$price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] - $products_options['options_values_price']);

}

?>

But i am not a coder, and really need some direction with this..

As for the folks above who want that grid attribute.. there IS a contribution called Grid Attributes.. it is REALLY badly laid out as far as instructions, and i have NOT gotten it to work, but you guys might have better luck.. if you do get it, PLEASE send me a PM.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Anhyone

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

what did you modify to make it have the different sizes, even if there is no price change?

Sorry, I didn't see your question. I give each attribute a price, even though it's same price as the product itself, and then set the product actual price to $0. If you don't do that, your attribute will double the price. I think I also installed an contribution "if price is zero, don't show price", or something like that. IIRC, I needed to add that to have it all work right. Or maybe not, I have so many contributions installed it's hard to remember :blink:

I really really wish the attributes showed in a drop down box instead of in a row. It's really stopping me from adding certain products because the list is soooo long and silly looking. For example, an outfit available in Black, White or Pink, sizes Extra Small through Extra Large. That's a list of 15, going all the way the down the page.

hi everyone.. I seem to be having a similar issue to some above me..I have SOME attributes that are $0.00 and no matter WHAT i do, i can NOT get them to show up on the product_info page.

I am PRETTY sure i need to change something here:

But i am not a coder, and really need some direction with this..

As for the folks above who want that grid attribute.. there IS a contribution called Grid Attributes.. it is REALLY badly laid out as far as instructions, and i have NOT gotten it to work, but you guys might have better luck.. if you do get it, PLEASE send me a PM.

You might have to resort to my work-around, in the post right above. I could not figure out anything else.

I'm going to try the Grid Attributes on my test site as soon as I get a chance.

i REALLY do not want to do that because the WHOLE point of offering free stuff was to get people to sign up for an account on our page to give us more information

I really wish that this was just an option. it seems silly NOT to have it.. What if i had a widget that came in BLUE, RED, and BLACK and wanted to sell them in bulk.. But because the COLOR doesnt add a price value, i would not be able to do it because it would never show

I will figure this out. It would be nice to have someone more knowledgable about this contribution, or whoever is listed as MAINTAINING the contribution to come by and help out

Ok i got it

To let this contribution show attributes that are $0.00 on the table with all the attributes and the qty field you have to find this code

$products_options_array[] = array('id' => $products_options['products_options_values_id'], 'text' => $products_options['products_options_values_name']);
$products_options_array[sizeof($products_options_array)-1]['text'] .= ' (' . $products_options['price_prefix'] . $currencies->display_price($products_options['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';
$price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] + $products_options['options_values_price']);
} else {
$price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] - $products_options['options_values_price']);
}

?>
<tr>
<td class="main" align="center">
<?php echo $products_options['products_options_values_name'];
echo tep_draw_hidden_field('a[]', $products_options['products_options_values_id']);
echo tep_draw_hidden_field('b[]',$products_options_name['products_options_id']); ?>
</td>
<?php /* uncomment if you want to show the model number
echo $product_info['products_model']; */
?>
</td>
<td class="main" align="center"><?php echo $currencies->display_price($price_with_attribute, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])); ?></td>
<td class="main" align="center"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('quantity[]',$value = '0',"size=2");?></td>
</tr>
<?php
$x++;

}
}

and replace with this code:

} else {
}
} else { // If attribute price = 0 then assign price to be original price
$price_with_attribute = $product_info['products_price'];
}
?>
<tr>
<?php echo $products_options['products_options_values_name'];
echo tep_draw_hidden_field('a[]', $products_options['products_options_values_id']);
echo tep_draw_hidden_field('b[]',$products_options_name['products_options_id']); ?>
</td>
<?php /* uncomment if you want to show the model number
echo $product_info['products_model']; */
?>
</td>
<td class="main" align="center"><?php echo $currencies->display_price($price_with_attribute, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])); ?></td>
<td class="main" align="center"><?php echo tep_draw_input_field('quantity[]',$value = '0',"size=2");?></td>
</tr>
<?php
$x++;
// } This closing bracket is in the wrong place and should be higher up
}

I have to say thanks to TOMH at another forum that helped me out.

AWESOME! I'm going to try that tonight. Thanks for posting it.

OY Vey...I think I'll need to redo all my attributes AGAIN this time taking the pricing off.

Edited by charinlasvegas

you dont need to take a price off, just make it $0.00 - or was that what you meant??

you dont need to take a price off, just make it $0.00 - or was that what you meant??

I have all of my attributes priced, so that they'll show up. So, I'll guess I'll have to see when I install your fix if I need to go & take all the pricing off. Hopefully I'll get lucky & I won't have to. Cuz I have a few hundred attribute sets...

ohh.. yea, you will have to change the prices of all of the attributes.. unfortunately.

You can see it work here

Product Info Page

ohh.. yea, you will have to change the prices of all of the attributes.. unfortunately.

You can see it work here

Product Info Page

Well, I got a few pages into the NIGHTMARE installation instructions and find I can't use it (Grid Attributes). Alot of the coding interferes with QPB in files like application_top, etc.

I'm going to try this seems too simple to work "multi attributes", because the original - Attribute Qty - is now adding multiple products to the cart in accordance with how many options the original product has. :angry:

I can't find what's wrong, someone else looked at it, he can't find what's wrong. I'm about ready to ditch the whole damn thing and get another cart.

I'm confused as to what your issue is with the ATTRIBUTE QTY... What do you mean that its adding multiple products to the cart? its supposed to do that, right??

I cant imagine also that it would interfere with QPB, i have the attribute QTY and quantity price breaks working together.. the grid files, well, that IS a mess.. If you are interested in getting it coded, PM me. We can work something out together.. ANYONE interested can PM me.

I'm confused as to what your issue is with the ATTRIBUTE QTY... What do you mean that its adding multiple products to the cart? its supposed to do that, right??

I cant imagine also that it would interfere with QPB, i have the attribute QTY and quantity price breaks working together.. the grid files, well, that IS a mess.. If you are interested in getting it coded, PM me. We can work something out together.. ANYONE interested can PM me.

It's not supposed to add 3 if you only put 1 in the qty box! If the product has 2 attributes, it adds 2 to the cart. If it has 3 attributes it adds 3 to the cart and so on.

I might be having a problem sorting it all out because I have so many add ons...but I do see code for the grid attributes that overwrites the code from QPB. And yeah, the grid installation files are a mess.

ack, I need to put it all down for a night and look at it again tomorrow.

Do you have a screen shot of what you are trying to do?? With attribute QTY, the attribute ends up being the product, like on my website.. So if you set up RED as an attribute for t-shirts, and you put 13 in the quantity, and then yo have BLUE as an attribute for the same t-shirt and you put 13 in the quantity, you will be ordering 26 t-shirts

BUT, are you saying that even though ALL of the attributes are listed with the quantity box next to them, and you only put a quantity in ONE of the attributes, you end up adding ALL of teh attributes?

BUT, are you saying that even though ALL of the attributes are listed with the quantity box next to them, and you only put a quantity in ONE of the attributes, you end up adding ALL of teh attributes?

Exactly.

Here on this page see what I mean, add 1 to your cart. It will give you 3, because it comes in 3 colors.

If you go here, & add 1 to your cart, you will get 2 - that items has 2 colors.

Every item that uses color or size options is doing that.

It was working ok, now all of a sudden it's not. I'm completely stumped as to what happened.

Ohhh ok. I see what you are talking about. Now, do you have any other attribute contributions installed? Do you still have the OPTION TYPE? Because that will not work WITH the attribute QTY because, well, they just CANT work because they both change the layout of the attributes.

Can you re-vert back to your pre-attribute installation (BEFORE option type and QTY) and then just install the QTY

Ohhh ok. I see what you are talking about. Now, do you have any other attribute contributions installed? Do you still have the OPTION TYPE? Because that will not work WITH the attribute QTY because, well, they just CANT work because they both change the layout of the attributes.

Can you re-vert back to your pre-attribute installation (BEFORE option type and QTY) and then just install the QTY

uhhhhh....I have the add on that we were originally talking about on this thread. The package reworked by Jack mcs.

I did uninstall and now have radio buttons (on my test site) & it works fine but I need a qty box so back to the drawing board. Something's gotta work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for a great little mod that's easy to install and works as advertised. It was just what I was looking for (and found finally after trying a couple of other mods).

Lindsayanng and others:

For people having problems with attributes with no price change not showing up, I find that entering 0.001 in the Value Price field gets around that quite easily. The product shows up at the regular price and with the desired attribute.

Edited by iStan

I personally had NO issues with this addon. I was trying to help the others.. but i am glad to hear that the price of .001 works, but it would be noce for someone to rework the mod to show $0.00 attributes..although i am pretty sure its a small fix and VERY easy, personally i do not have time.. but anyone around who is willing, go for it..