• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Alternative clothing store

Iniquityclothing

hi folks, this is what we have got at the mo but i really wana make this site stand out for all the right reasons please take a look then tell me what you think i need to change add etc, thanks,

iniquityclothing.com

View recent 'helpfull' threads:

403 Error problems | Ultimate SEO (contribution support)

A very interesting design, I like the consistent color scheme. I would get rid of the -> and product count in your categories infobox. I would also get rid of the default osCommerce icons (they don't match the color scheme of your website). The language box should be removed, I see two links to contact us one of them should be removed (in the information infobox). I recommend adding SSL, and also adding a black bar to distinguish where your footer begins.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

yeah those are little things im working on, im un-decided on the whole thing trouble is im not expert at php, so im gritting my teeth and doing what i can. if any1 can help make this look good it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for the thumbs up, totally changed the look and feel now, please tell me what you think, also how can i have the four picture link boxes which are displayed within index.php arranged two in a row instead of all verticle (as in one to a line)??

thanks,

hey phil, i think with a little work your site could be great.

The post below is purely my own humble opinion, take it as you will but I hope it helps in some way :)

at present you have problems with table borders and site content overlapping

- get rid of the stock osC images (overall)

- delete or edit the What's New Here? text (index)

- not sure why the text underlines when rolled over, this confuses me, makes me think there is a link when it's not(index)

- there are two contact us links in the information box (left column)

- a lot of text that could be on specific pages... such as the paypal info, could be on the faq page under a payment section for example (index)

- either move the red footer bar to the very bottom of the page so it doesn't look so split or remove it (footer)

- your logo and footer banner are too wide for the page (header & footer)

- not sure why the image halfway down the page is linked to the same page? (index)

- remove the --> arrows from your categories box (left column)

- edit or remove the 'browse categories' heading title (category pages)

- change the colour / text style of the prouct name (product info)

- remove 'this product was added to' text (product info)

- payments by paypal and myspace images don't sit right where they are (right column)

- conditions of use text would be better on the shippings and returns page as it refers to sales/delivery rather than conditions of using the site

- minor minor detail, the w in wallets on the site map page is not a capital as the rest are.

- your manufacturer info box in the right column brings the page totally out of line when you click on product info.. maybe consider moving this box underneath the product description or something?

let us know if you make any changes, would be interested to see what you do with it.

• 5 months later...
this has been modded again please comment on the new layout

Its a nice site.

But to get this party started, I have 2 changes I would recommend. On the category pages, remove the 'add to cart' buttons and the 'details' buttons. Make the image and perhaps a blue hyperlink below the clickable aspect.

As for the your product pages, I would suspect you could increase sales by using bigger and more noticeable buttons.

Best Regards,

Victor Wise

Some observations of things you may have missed:

You might get rid of the "This product was added to our catalog on ." on the product info pages. No date is displayed anyway.

On the category pages the add to cart buttons do not go anywhere. The Details and Add to Cart buttons show IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS and IMAGE_BUTTON_BY_NOW on mouse over. Should have the product name.

Your Product info pages only have TITLE tags; no description or keyword tags in the head of the page.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Very impressed with speed.

Text is out of line in firefox on the top link boxes.

Hi Phil,

Your site looks nice -- definitely not stock osCommerce.

Personally, I find the red splatter background quite distracting. I find my eyes continuously wandering over to look at the background while I browse the site.

I use Firefox and, as previously posted, the text on your navigation tabs at the top of the page doesn't line up properly. Also, your Flash content on the homepage is linked to www.flash-slideshow-maker.com. You'll definitely want to fix that.

On your product pages, your add to cart button is easily missed. Modify it to make it pop more. For products, write up some sales copy. This will help sell the products and add content for the search engines. Speaking of SEO, you've got the same title tag for each of your pages. Have individual titles and meta tags for each page. You can use something like the Header Tags Controller contrib.

I found that Google has about 500 pages of your site indexed. All of the links have session IDs attached (for Yahoo and MSN as well). Make sure that you've got Prevent Spider Sessions set to True in your admin. You'll find it under Configuration-->Sessions-->Prevent Spider Sessions. And make sure to update your spiders.txt file in your includes/ folder.

On a lesser note, I'd remove the 'Links' link in your nav and move it to the footer or somewhere less prominent. Don't give your visitors an excuse to leave your store, particularly if it's to find your competition -- www.clothesdirectory.net.

Finally, where are your Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use pages? Even though they won't be frequently visited, you should still have these to instill confidence in your visitors that you're on the up and up, and won't misuse their information. And of course, SSL is a must.

Good luck with your store!

• 4 months later...

Good design - I like it!

A couple of nitpicks in Firefox. All the top nav links hug the left of the tabs.

Underneath them, the "Search by manufacturers" and "Language" options, hug the vertical spacer. There seems to be a vertical spacer missing, before the "Currency" selector. BTW - Do you really need the language select option? After all, you only have one language.

Underneath that, the links on the banner are too dark and fade into the background. I didn't notice them first off.

One final nitpick on the landing page is that Simpsons image. It doesn't really fit in with the overall feel.

You need to install a meta tag contribution and you could do with a little more info in your product descriptions. They are very sparse!

That Myspace link, you should add target="_blank" to it. Why make people leave your site?

thanks for the feedback Spax,

i have changed the Myspace link, I dont know why i didnt make it a _blank to start with!! lol.

A few questions, I have been trying to correct the "Hugging" of the links in Firefox for a while but cant seem to crack it! I need cross browser compatibilty but when I get it right in IE it doesnt work in FF and vice-versa! How do I do it????

I agree I dont need the language there, would it be in Header.php where that is controlled from?

Thanks, Phil @ Iniquity Clothing

A few questions, I have been trying to correct the "Hugging" of the links in Firefox for a while but cant seem to crack it! I need cross browser compatibilty but when I get it right in IE it doesnt work in FF and vice-versa! How do I do it????

You could use a Conditional Comment and separate stylesheet for IE.

As an example, let's say this rule in stylesheet.css works fine for Firefox:

a.nav {
background:url('images/tab.gif') no-repeat;
padding: 20px 20px;
}

But for IE to work, it only needs 10px of padding. So you create a new stylesheet, name it ie.css (or whatever you want) and in it, you have just one rule. This one:

a.nav {
background:url('images/tab.gif') no-repeat;
padding: 10px 10px;
}

Then in the head of all the root files, where you find the stylesheet declaration:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

Underneath, you add the Conditional Comment for IE:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<!--[if IE]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ie.css">
<![endif]-->

IE will still read stylesheet.css but if it finds something specifically for itself in ie.css, it will render that. The Conditional Comment is IE specific so all other browsers will ignore it. If there are other areas that IE has a hissy fit with, just add a specific rule in ie.css.

You can be more specific with the Conditional Comment, if you need to be. Rather than a generic IE stylesheet, you can declare a seperate stylesheet for IE5, 5.5, 6 or 7. Or you can say higher than 5.5 or lower than 6. Test your styles in as many browsers as you can then if you need to, you can fix individual IE browsers.

I agree I dont need the language there, would it be in Header.php where that is controlled from?

Yes, it should be in header.php. Probably in its own cell so that will make it easier to edit.

• 1 month later...

Nice site :thumbsup:

Double check your cookie path settings in includes/configure.php

There is somthing not quite right since your osc sids do not diseapear as they should. (They should only show on the first 1-3 clicks around your site)

hi folks, this is what we have got at the mo but i really wana make this site stand out for all the right reasons please take a look then tell me what you think i need to change add etc, thanks,

iniquityclothing.com

Oh my gosh. I love the way you have customized your script. I wish I knew how to

do all those customizations. I'm in total ecommerce envy.

Hope you do well!!!

Archived