• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN?

Paul_C

I am having the same problem on www.earcandletherapy.com. Be very careful that there are no extra line space at the end of general.php or any of the modified pages. I have found typically that when I get the cache session warning occurs, that 90% of the time I have extra spaces after the final >?

Hope it helps.

I get the following error when I click transactions or send test IPN. I was hoping to find a solution here but all I found was that someone else had the same problem 2 years ago with no solution listed. Does anyone have the solution or should I just uninstall the script?

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/www/far-horizons.info/OSCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/far-horizons.info/OSCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/www/far-horizons.info/OSCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

any help?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so confused about this IPN contribution. Using 2.2 and paypal_ipn_1.2.1_0

Client asked me to install this because the usual paypal module (while working ok), was sending customers back to the login page at the website, and losing the orders in admin and customer account.

So, I've installed the IPN module, and it seems to be ok.. just have a couple of questions.

Got the paypal public key .pem from the paypal site.

Got the client site public and private keys (via the "Manage OpenPGP Keys" tool), and have pasted them all into the blank .pem files which came with the contribution.

Paypal would not let me upload my key, even though it was a .pem file (said that it had to be a .pem file)?????? I don't have a paypal Public cert ID, because of the this. The .pem file should be a bunch of coded stuff yes? Does this look right?

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)

XYZ123 etc etc etc 

-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

I think I'm almost there.. just frustrated as hell right now :(

Any helps, tips, gurus.. please? Much appreciated..

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------

I used to be insane, but now I'm just nuts ;)

Hi

I had a similar problem, could not upload my public certificate to paypal. Being a complete noob, the reason, I found out, was because the included files in the contrib were blank. (I thought I could just use them out of the box :) )

what I did was, I deleted those files from my web directory. I generated my own keys and renamed them to the default file names (ie my-prvkey.pem) and uploaded it into my web directory.

I also uploaded the renamed files up to paypal, and I was successful.

HTH.

I am so confused about this IPN contribution. Using 2.2 and paypal_ipn_1.2.1_0

Got the paypal public key .pem from the paypal site.

Got the client site public and private keys (via the "Manage OpenPGP Keys" tool), and have pasted them all into the blank .pem files which came with the contribution.

Paypal would not let me upload my key, even though it was a .pem file (said that it had to be a .pem file)?????? I don't have a paypal Public cert ID, because of the this. The .pem file should be a bunch of coded stuff yes? Does this look right?

When you get statuses which say "Preparing PayPal IPN" instead of Pending - what does it actually MEAN? I take it that it means something must have gone wrong with the order because it results in no e-mail being sent by PayPal, or indeed by the website's automatic process! Just recently, I've had a couple of large orders get such a status - what could be the problem? Is it the user's fault or the interaction between PayPal and the website?

When you get statuses which say "Preparing PayPal IPN" instead of Pending - what does it actually MEAN?  I take it that it means something must have gone wrong with the order because it results in no e-mail being sent by PayPal, or indeed by the website's automatic process!  Just recently, I've had a couple of large orders get such a status - what could be the problem?  Is it the user's fault or the interaction between PayPal and the website?

Hey, I have the exact problem, I even have customers try 2-3 times (with "Preparing PayPal IPN" on each attempt) then finally the order comes through but still some customers simply give up after 1-2 tries, many of my customers email me asking to delete the failed orders...

any help would appreciated... [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

Having a similar problem with the PayPal IPN contrib...

I had a customer wanting to use the PayPal non-account credit card payment option. First customer to try and do that. He's getting an error that says "Your payment time has expired." Any help?

Having a similar problem with the PayPal IPN contrib...

I had a customer wanting to use the PayPal non-account credit card payment option. First customer to try and do that. He's getting an error that says "Your payment time has expired." Any help?

I too am getting all my orders showing as pending, but I am still in test mode so don't know if this is normal.

Claire

I too am getting all my orders showing as pending, but I am still in test mode so don't know if this is normal.

Claire

Log into your paypal account and check transactions yuo will find accept/deny buttons in front of payments pending selct accept/denie as per your decision and that will do.

Probably you have set the setting so that each payment you will be confirming by having had set ask me on each payment received.

The other reason for pending can be if its an echeck.

The third probable reason is the you have a personall account and some one has sent you payment via credit card so that too will not be cleared unless you update to business account.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 4 months later...
I found a bug with Paypal IPN installed.

If a customer type his credit card number in the cc field, and he regrets and choose paypal instead, then the entire credit card # is submitted with the order.

Are there any way to avoid this? I don't like storing a full cc# anywhere on my server.

Regards

Mike

Is there a fix to this? I have the cc split and paypal ipn3.1.5 installed. but when i choose the cc split (not payapl) the entire cc number is stored in the database.

please advise

Everybody be quiet, the voices in my head are trying to tell me something!

• 1 year later...
Paul_C,

I find that over 50% of the paypal users forget to click that damn continue button, and adding orders to the db manually is a real chafe.

My very first sale didn't get logged in the os orders db because the customer didn't click on the tiny "back to merchant" button on the sale complete page of paypal. I'm sure this will happen more than 50% of the time if I don't change something. Anyone have a fix for this?

I hope people are still looking at questions posted for this contribution

I have gone through every change and implemented the contribution

I see the paypal option in my admin console but even though i installed it it doesn't appear in the payment options box.

anyone have any ideas as to why this might be?

Ilan

• 3 weeks later...

Have goggled and searched this forum with no luck. When osCommerce sends the user to PayPal, the product prices show with two (£) signs (e.g. ££10.00). If there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
hi..

please help.// when i upload my prodocts to my web it only goes to my english side and i want them on my spanish side

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the wrong thread for that question. Use the search facility in the top right hand corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just installed contribution "osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.2" into an older version of osCommerce. This old version did not have an /ext directory so I copied that directory from the download into /catalog directory. Moved the other files into indicated directories. When I go into Admin Payments it doesn't show Paypal IPN module. There is already the standard Paypal module there. Do I have to delete the standard Paypal in order for the IPN version to show up in Admin. Where should the /ext directory go? How do I determine exactly which version of osCommerce I'm working with? This version is at least 3 or 4 years old, I think. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I don't know if I've added this module incorrectly, but now in reports my 'Products Purchased' counts only the things I sold with the old method. Stuff sold with the new module just isn't counting. Does anyone know how to solve this please?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

i am trying to do an ipn test

i am getting - invalid transaction id error

and i am not sure if i havn't installed the contribution properly or i am using the wrong transaction id

so i am getting the id from the following location

1. I make an order and proceed all the way until i get to the paypal screen.

2. I open i new browser and go into the admin for the cart and go to customers --> orders -> select the latest order -> then choose

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transaction Activity

Date Status Details Action Gross Fee Net Amount

No PayPal Transaction Information Available (06c8d9ea9d71bba08e67720463a9e2ac)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from the order infomation

I plug that bolded string into the transaction id.

I change the currency to US and the MC gross to the same amount in paypal...

click the test button

Is that right?

Ilan

having a bit of trouble with the paypal IPN contrib when the customer comes back to the store after paying via paypal: they get a blank page (i.e. php error). customers can and have been able to pay via paypal just fine for several months but when they click on the link at paypal.com after the transaction is done, it links to e.g.

NOTE: this is broken into several lines for readability

https://speciosa.com/catalog/checkout_proce...ross=19.13&

mc_currency=USD&business=OUR_PAYPAL_EMAIL&payment_type=instant&payer_status=unverified&verify_sign=ANTx-ojsa5sbcUNrors24tfEWogGA6WzC1CeCHKm7fqqmf4Wicom-YUI&payer_email=PAYPAL_EMAIL&tax=0.00&

txn_id=0UV41507SS298345U&quantity=1&receiver_email=OUR_PAYPAL_EMAIL&first_name=FIRST_NAME&invoice=5399&payer_id=25CKPWF4LAYVS&receiver_id=AUUDEURA553AU&item_number=&

payer_business_name=MY_BUSINESS_NAME&payment_status=Completed&payment_fee=0.85&mc_fee=0.85&shipping=0.00&mc_gross=19.13&custom=108&charset=windows-1252&notify_version=2.4&

merchant_return_link=Complete+your+Order+Confirmation

following this link does correctly update the order status to "Pending" on our site, however the customer gets a blank page and no "your order has been placed" notice. i have looked at the error logs for the PHP and it's some problem with a multiple include or multiple declaration of the class order_total

[Thu Aug 2 10:29:44 2007] [error] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order_total in /htdocs/speciosa.com/catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 13

i am not familiar with digging out errors from includes/redefinitions, so if anybody has already encountered this problem and fixed it, please cluestick me :).

cheers,

jake

When I click on "Return to Merchant" I receive the following errors:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /homepages/19/d91395514/htdocs/completeair/Store/catalog/includes/classes/navigation_history.php on line 130

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /homepages/19/d91395514/htdocs/completeair/Store/catalog/includes/classes/navigation_history.php on line 131

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /homepages/19/d91395514/htdocs/completeair/Store/catalog/includes/classes/navigation_history.php on line 130

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /homepages/19/d91395514/htdocs/completeair/Store/catalog/includes/classes/navigation_history.php on line 131

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/19/d91395514/htdocs/completeair/Store/catalog/includes/classes/navigation_history.php:130) in /homepages/19/d91395514/htdocs/completeair/Store/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Navigation_history.php code:

function unserialize($broken) {
  for(reset($broken);$kv=each($broken);) {
	$key=$kv['key'];
	if (gettype($this->$key)!="user function")
	$this->$key=$kv['value'];

General.php line 33 is blank.

Any sugestions?

Thanks,

Jason

Have you tried removing the contrib and reinstalling again?

Or just download it and following all the instructions, overwriting the files?

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm a newbie. Usually able to figure things out, but no such luck. I just don't understand the following and where I'm supposed to get the info from.

Your Private Key

The location and filename of your private key to use for signing the order data.

Your Public Certificate

The location and filename of your public certificate to use for signing the order data.

PayPal's Public Certificate

The location and filename of the PayPal public key to use for encrypting the order data.

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

The public certificate ID that PayPal should use to decrypt the encrypted order data.

Note: This is defined at your PayPal Encrypted Payment Settings Profile page.

***I did this but the id is 2 lines long! Is that right?

Working Directory

The working directory to create temporary files. (All created files are automatically deleted when no longer needed)

OpenSSL Location

The location and filename of the OpenSSL "openssl" program file.

Sorry to be such a pain, thanks for any help!

Faithfully,

Dawn

If your site uses SSL (shared or full) then it already transmits the data as encrypted data - so in that case you don't need to do anything with those settings.

If you don't have SSL then read the Install Guide that comes with the IPN module, because it provides links to the information you need.

Vger