• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN?

Paul_C

bug fixed!

in catalog/paypal_notify.php line 142,

it should be

'old_value' => 99999, (without quotation marks)

instead of

'old_value' => '99999',

the scripts abnormally terminated here without registering the proper order status and sending confirmation e-mails, everything okay now :D

Do all experience this IPN problem without this fix?

osmosis, is this fix ok?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do all experience this IPN problem without this fix?

osmosis, is this fix ok?

Since the old_value field is an int(5) there is no reason for use the slashes.

Thanks for the fix psychedelik!

It will be fixed in the next release (I will upload it tomorrow I think)

Best regards

Pablo et al...

Really lazy post this, should check the code but trying to put together another PayPal contrib to do with Signups... but have you guys converted the IPN replies to use the now new mc_* values instead of the depricated payment_* attributes that used to be used pre Multiple Currencies??

Cheers

Carl

Really lazy post this' date=' should check the code but trying to put together another PayPal contrib to do with Signups... but have you guys converted the IPN replies to use the now new mc_* values instead of the depricated payment_* attributes that used to be used pre Multiple Currencies??/quote']

Hi Carl

I have not understand what are you needing/asking...

My english is no very good, so try to make it easier to understand! :)

Best regards

I think what Carl meant was that Paypal now uses a string of characters and not a email address.

Carl, I think the sign-ups referrals still work with email addresses.

I don't know if it'll work, but Pablo, I have a suggestion: right now the database depreciated when someone checks out and proceeds to checkout. How about creating a new table in the database that stores the checkout info, and when IPN returns a "confirm", then info from the new table is transferred to the products/order tables.

Eagerly awaiting 2.2

... IPN replies to use the now new mc_* values instead of the depricated payment_* attributes that used to be used pre Multiple Currencies??

Sorry chaps, desperatly trying to find a fix elsewhere. What I was/am actually asking is:

The "new" IPN Manual (26-Sep-02), stae that IPN will be using the following variables:

New Old

mc_gross payment_gross

mc_fee payment_fee

mc_currency

exchange_rate

settle_amount

settle_currency

I am attempting a solution where I will get an IPN message when a customer sends the money to me through the PayPal send tab. My customers will be paying in Pound Sterling (mc_currency=="GBP") and I was wondering whether this IPN module had already adopted these new variables.

I should really look at the code I know...

Hi

As I have seen on the PayPal website, the feature to receive payments in different currencies in payments through web is not yet available.

As soon as it start to work I will make the changes to allow payments in diferent currencies using the mc_currency.

I hope they start with that feature soon!!

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Clarification, when should items show up in the Paypal IPN screen? I downloaded the latest version, modifyed all the code and uploaded it, activated IPN and turned on PayPal's IPN feature this morning.

However, I don't seem to be getting any entries in the database. If I do a test and complete the transaction (paypal continue), the order gets added to the normal orders database as always. But there are no entires in the IPN section.

If I do a test and don't hit continue, again there are no orders in the IPN database :cry: I have double checked the code, and everything looks ok.

Hints, suggestions on which module to look at?

It seems there is something wrong in your installation

Is there any address from which I can see your site?

I would like to make some test orders to see what is wrong

Best regards

Hi, I am trying to integrate paypal into oscommerce. Everything appears to be going fine until we get to the point of activating Instant Payment Notification (IPN).

What url do I direct back to?

Also on testing there appears to be a discrepency in the paypal amount and the shop order amount? Paypal is less than the shop amount, do i need to change currency anywhere?

Ok, the site is Hallmotorsports.com, and I put a test item under belts and hoses for $.01. I will look over the scripts again in the morning to see if I overlooked something, as I do have several other mods loaded as well.

Thanks, Bryan

Hi all,

I saw today that the multi currencies IPN is now active at PayPal.

Does your latest contribution include this?

Anyone know how to test this contribution (ie make a test purchase through PayPal)?

All the best

Jason

Hi, I am trying to integrate paypal into oscommerce. Everything appears to be going fine until we get to the point of activating Instant Payment Notification (IPN).

Also on testing there appears to be a discrepency in the paypal amount and the shop order amount? Paypal is less than the shop amount, do i need to change currency anywhere?

Any help welcomed please

Ok, the site is Hallmotorsports.com, and I put a test item under belts and hoses for $.01. I will look over the scripts again in the morning to see if I overlooked something, as I do have several other mods loaded as well.

Hi Bryan

I tried to buy that product but my credit card is having some problems (in this country its imposible to live without credit card problems :cry: )

I hope it is working now for you.

Anyway if you can make it work, please contact me on msn ([email protected]) or icq (#1326541) or to my email [email protected] so we can look for the solution to your problem.

Best regards

I need some ale! Can anyone help with this please! :cry:

Are you using the PayPal IPN Module?

If so, check out the new versions have an option: Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal_IPN->Notify_URL

That should point to the exact location of the paypal_notify.php script

Usually the module autodetect the right location.

Maybe that differences is because of the shipping costs.

PayPal does not show the shipping cost in the first screen. When you loggin you will be able to see it.

Check to see if that is the problem

Best regards

I had Paypal IPN 091 installed. Trying to updated to 093 and I get this error:

Error

SQL-query :

INSERT INTO `orders_status`

VALUES ( 99999, 3, 'Procesando Paypal' )

MySQL said:

Duplicate entry '99999-3' for key 1

What do I do? I assume I need to delete this 99999-3 but I dont know where in phpmyadmin to do that...

Thanks in advance!!

Ahh... I simply delete the tables related to the old 091 PaypalIPN and everything worked good..

I noticed that under catalog/includes/application_top.php a difference between 091-093..

091 had the user enter in:

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYPALIPN', 'checkout_paypalipn.php'); // PAYPALIPN

define('FILENAME_NOTIFY_PAYPALIPN', 'paypal_notify.php'); // PAYPALIPN

While 093 only shows to add:

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYPALIPN', 'checkout_paypalipn.php'); // PAYPALIPN

Just making sure this is correct......

Thanks!

Hi Ryan

Yes, just deleting the old tables and the orders_status from previous versions is enough.

The change in application_top.php is ok.

FILENAME_NOTIFY_PAYPALIPN is never used so I deleted it.

Best regards!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I am trying to get Paypal IPN to work. Everything is fine except after processing the payment, the item purchased stays in the cart.

I've read the whole of this thread and I have checked the notify URL which reads:

Notify URL
http://www.mysite.com/paypal_notify.php

This is the last hurdle before I go live so help would be much appreciated

Thanks

I am having a problem as well.

I too am trying to find which address it comes BACK to.

This is the wording from the Paypal site, where it asks for the IPN info.

`````````` Instant Payment Notification integrates PayPal payment notification and authentication with your website's back-end operations. Check this box to activate Instant Payment Notification, and enter the URL at which you will receive the payment notifications below. This URL should be a URL which you own and at which you receive HTML posts. ````````

It will NOT let you update this to allow the IPN to work without the URL.

I BELIEVE It should be the checkout_success page, correct?

I have seen several people say that you use the same notify_ file that is pointed to in your IPN Module in Admin, but this does not post BACK to the site, does it??

Any input on this is greatly appreciated, as I think it is the one major thing stopping many people. It may be that this is a new implimentation from Paypal, however, in any case it is something that needs to be fully covered.

Thanks TONS!!

Edited by Tariq

One of these days, I will actually understand what I just changed...

But reading the Manual DEFINATELY helps...

Hi,

I am building my osc store at my site and decide to go for paypal payment option. Now I have also downloaded the latest ipn contribution with a new modification note and prepared to install it. The problem is that it seems to have no practical way to check through this payment option. I made another payment option: check/money_order and I could check it with a fake order completely through the check-out to order confirmation (I just don't send out my check to my store!)

So may I ask if anyone here has used and installed the paypal payment option with the ipn contrubution for a real, successful, seemless outcome? And is there any way I can check my store out, so I know it (paypal+ipn) works before putting my store live? Thanks for help.

KF