• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN?

Paul_C

Now, I DO know that once you have the Paypal IPN successfully installed, in the Payment Module in your Admin section, there is added a Paypal IPN selection that you enable to allow that to show on your storefront, just like you do any other Payment option. I missed that the first time I looked.

Do NOT have both regular Paypal, AND the Paypal IPN enabled.

It will show as Paypal IPN on your storefront, unless you change the wording, which I am going to do myself, and say that if you use the Paypal, additional signup is needed, and for Cash/Check options, and leave the Auth.net option for Credit Card Processing.

Hope that helps..

As far as the checkout necessary through the Paypal IPn ON the Paypal site, I BELIEVE it is whateveryourstoreurlis/checkout_process.php

Since no one else answered that yet.

Hope thst helps a little anyway

One of these days, I will actually understand what I just changed...

But reading the Manual DEFINATELY helps...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, recently i just added the paypal ipn v 0.981 for 2.2MS2 version ones

however, i ran into some admin problems and quite don't know how to fix these

these problems are occured when i clicked on transactions under the paypal ipn in oscommec admin area....

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/yadyshop/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/yadyshop/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/yadyshop/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Unknown(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

thank you so much for all the help...appreciated! :rolleyes:

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

can anyone please state that steps by steps of installation, I would like to make sure, if i have done or missed some installations....please and thank you very much

1) Unpack the zip file to a temporary directory

2) Process the paypalipn.sql file. A good and secure way to process that file is using

phpMyAdmin (http://www.phpmyadmin.net). You can also process it with the mysql console.

The paypalipn.sql file has 2 insert lines that add 2 new orders_status.

You should check 2 things:

a) Since the new orders_status_id is 99999, you should make sure that you dont already have

an order status with this id.

B) The insert lines are made to add this new status in english and spanish, having ENGLISH as

language_id=1 and SPANISH as language_id=3

3) There are two ways you can use to install the rest of the module files:

a) OVERWRITE AND RUN WAY:

You will find that version in the /overwriteandrun/ dir.

All of the files are stored in the same directory structure as the default osCommerce package,

so you should only copy each file in the right location.

BE CAREFUL! Thats the best way to install for those with a fresh osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2

install. If you have made modifications to the code, possibly you will loose them.

B) HAND MADE MODIFICATIONS:

You will find that version in the /handmademods/ dir.

All of the files are stored in the same directory structure as the default osCommerce package.

You will find some filename.txt files, that contains the changes you need to do to make the

contrib work.

The remaining files can be moved to their respective directories.

I strongly advise BACKING UP your php files first.

4) Go to your osCommerce Admin, and activate PayPal IPN in the Payment Modules section.

IMPORTANT

1: Make sure you set up correctly the notify_url parameter in the Payment Module.

This is done from your osCommerce Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal IPN->notify_url

By default it is prefilled with the "guessed" location of the paypal_notify.php file, but you

have to make sure of that.

2: Actually the PayPal Multiple Currencies feature only accept payments in

USD, EUR, GBP, CAD and JPY. When they accept more currencies, you can add them to the

/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypalipn.php file. Add the new currency to the

$paypal_supported_currencies var.

3: On the PayPal IPN module configuration, be careful to not "Set Order Status" to "Paypal Processing" or your

ordel will always stay on that status.

1. I upzipped the file

2. I created a table called paypalipn.sql by using phpMyAdmin...right?? Is this what you called process the paypalipn.sql file???

The paypalipn.sql file has 2 insert lines that add 2 new orders_status.

3. Yes i paste two which are

INSERT INTO `orders_status` VALUES (99999, 3, 'Procesando Paypal');

INSERT INTO `orders_status` VALUES (99999, 1, 'Paypal Processing');

You should check 2 things:

a) Since the new orders_status_id is 99999, you should make sure that you dont already have

an order status with this id.

B) The insert lines are made to add this new status in english and spanish, having ENGLISH as

language_id=1 and SPANISH as language_id=3

First i really don't know where to check orders_status_id is already 99999

then i chose the hand made modifications, and uploaded all the necessary files from the downloaded contribution file.....

and can't process to step 4) because i stopped at these problems, then i now only see transcations and send test ipn in my admin area....

please tell me what steps did i do wrong...or simply please explain in step by step details installation, sorry to ask for this, but i don't really know what else i can do to help myself :unsure: :(

I can only thank you very much!!

btw: this contribution is Paypal IPN V 0.981 on 2.2 MS 2

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

• 3 months later...

I am having a bit of a problem getting paypalipn to work...

I have:

• made the necessary changes to the files via the handmade method
  • enabled ipn in my paypal account
  • copied the new files to their appropraite places

but when I send a test I get:

Error: no $paypal_response received.

so I tried making sure all the fields in the test have something in them and I get:

TEST IPN Processed for order #11064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

delete from customers_basket where customers_id=

[TEP STOP]

I would really like to use this contrib but I can't get it working...

Contribs added:

AdminLogin-Catalog With Images-Credit Class/Gift Voucher-CoolMenu

EasyPopulate-LoginBox-Paypal Shopping Cart IPN-PDF Catalogs

Product Listing In Columns - Image Strip

--

...the young jedi said to his master "you want me to do WHAT?"

• 7 months later...
For the benefit of the group I just wanted to post the cause/solution to the IPN problem I was having;

I had an apostrophy (') in the Store_Name which PayPal seemed to choke on.  Pablo made the change to my store name and it now seems to work beautifully!  If you are experiencing problems with PayPal accepting payment, but not processing the transaction on the cart end, be sure to cross this potential problem off the list!

Thanks again Pablo!

hi

im going to check this on my site! thanx for the post.

can you tell me where i actually find 'store_name' defined? which file?

thanx al

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone give me an idea of how you filled out the PayPal IPN preferences?

I just need a real example of how you set it up. I'm a bit confused, some parts are obvious.

Enable PayPal IPN Module

TRUE

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Payment Zone

Set Preparing Order Status

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Transaction Type

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

Please help, I'm launching sometime in the beginning of the year. Thanks everyone!

Ken

Edited by photomasterken

Hi I am having a problem with the paypal IPN and the option type function. I have found a solution to the problem with the other paypal ipn but not this one.

What is happening is that when I use the option type function contruibution. I have a text box my customer can fill it out as part of the order. It works fine if they use cod but if they use paypal all I get is TEXT for the result.

Is anyone else getting this if so how did you fix it.

I really dont want to have to switch ipns to fix the problem

Hi, I have just installed the PayPal IPN, on my site located at

www.rockinghamjunctionmodels.com

So far I am getting these errors when I got to the "Confirm" screen when I do a test order

Warning: fopen(/tem/292247-2-data.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 349

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 350

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 351

Warning: unlink(/tem/292247-2-data.txt): No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 356

Warning: unlink(/tem/292247-2-signed.txt): No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 359

Warning: fopen(/tem/292247-2-encrypted.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 361

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for /tem/292247-2-encrypted.txt (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 362

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 362

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 363

Warning: unlink(/tem/292247-2-encrypted.txt): No such file or directory in /homepages/35/d90652178/htdocs/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 365

Any suggestions?

I followed the instrucitons, got the certs from PayPal, and created a temp directory like instucted but I get the errors.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian MacMillan

Rockingham Junction Models

Epping, New Hampshire

Ok, got it all up and working now! Sweet mod!

how did you get this to work?

I am try'n but sure what is ment by the cert locations in the ADMIN section?

do i need NEW PEM files from paypal or do i use my current SSL cert?

and if i do use PAYPAL ... how do i get one?

-E :blink:

- I NOW KNOW THAT I KNOW MUCH LESS THAN I THOUGHT I ONCE DID.

This might have been talked about before, but i didn't find no answer.

AFter they place or pay for an order, will the order they put in subtract from stock? Even if they don't hit the continue button?

They don't need to create account, correct?

thanks

any more info, before i start banging my head and installing it, LOL

mike

Edited by bigbuck

• 3 months later...
Hi I am having a problem with the paypal IPN and the option type function. I have found a solution to the problem with the other paypal ipn but not this one.

What is happening is that when I use the option type function contruibution. I have a text box my customer can fill it out as part of the order. It works fine if they use cod but if they use paypal all I get is TEXT for the result.

Is anyone else getting this if so how did you fix it.

I really dont want to have to switch ipns to fix the problem

I'm also having the same problem.... A real pain, because I'm using the regular PayPal Payment module for now, and even with instructions in three places, I still have about 20% of my customers NOT clicking the "return to merchant" button !!!! :( Any help would be GREATLY appreciated ...

if you are using the module that comes with osc go to paypal and check the settings, they have an automatic return now so the customer goes back whether they click a link or not and the order will show up in osc

if you put the checkout_success.php as the return url they will actually see the thank you for your order message as well. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

wendy or who ever can help.

When paying with paypal, it does not show the item name, but it shows my store name, inthe payment to: STORE and for: Store , how do I correct this.

I am not sure why it isn't giving your products name.

In your admin area, what are your settings for paypal?

I believe it says something like Return URL behavior at the bottom. I have mine set to 0. Not sure if that may make a difference or not for sending the information to paypal.

As for the payment to part.. have you set up all of your information in your admin area of your website and in the profile area on paypal?

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I am not sure why it isn't giving your products name.

In your admin area, what are your settings for paypal?

I believe it says something like Return URL behavior at the bottom. I have mine set to 0. Not sure if that may make a difference or not for sending the information to paypal.

As for the payment to part.. have you set up all of your information in your admin area of your website and in the profile area on paypal?

As far as the admin area of os ,yes, for the IPN on PayPal, I didn't know what url to place in there for the FORM info to go to, help, Thanks. :-)

I am having a problem with this mod, and I'm not sure if it's a common one?

All of my papal orders lack attributes. No sizes, colors, etc. come through, nothing that was set in the attributes section.

Anyone else have this problem and anyone know where to fix it?

Tara Lang

I am having a problem with this mod, and I'm not sure if it's a common one?

All of my papal orders lack attributes.? No sizes, colors, etc. come through, nothing that was set in the attributes section.

Anyone else have this problem and anyone know where to fix it?

Try This, Be sure to back up before changing any code, Open :

catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php

Look for : function update_status() {

And Replace that whole block down to : return $process_button_string; }

With:

function update_status() {

global $order;

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE > 0) ) {

$check_flag = false;

$check_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->billing['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");

while ($check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query)) {

if ($check['zone_id'] < 1) {

$check_flag = true;

break;

} elseif ($check['zone_id'] == $order->billing['zone_id']) {

$check_flag = true;

break;

}

}

if ($check_flag == false) {

$this->enabled = false;

}

}

}

function javascript_validation() {

return false;

}

function selection() {

return array('id' => $this->code,

'module' => $this->title);

}

function pre_confirmation_check() {

return false;

}

function confirmation() {

return false;

}

function process_button() {

global $order, $currencies, $currency;

if (MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY == 'Selected Currency') {

$my_currency = $currency;

} else {

$my_currency = substr(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY, 5);

}

if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD'))) {

$my_currency = 'USD';

}

$xx = '';

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) {

$xx .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . '-' . ($order->products[$i]['name']) . '**';

}

$process_button_string = tep_draw_hidden_field('cmd', '_xclick') .

tep_draw_hidden_field('business', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME . ' ' . $xx) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('currency_code', $my_currency) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL')) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

return $process_button_string;

}format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('currency_code', $my_currency) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL')) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

return $process_button_string;

}

See if that works for you, Let me know.

Edited by jd wilson

Ok, I'm confused...

In OSC 2.2M2, a PayPal IPN Module is already installed. Should I use that one or one of the contributions below?

How does the installed IPN differ from the following (even more confusing) contributions:

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,paypal+ipn

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2:

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v2.6a (addon only)

PayPal IPN v0.981 for Milestone 2

PayPal IPN Gateway for osCommerce

PayPal IPN

HELP!

Thanks!

Lance

Lance

Thank you.  I didn't mention I'm using the Paypal IPN, not the standard Paypal module, does this fix still apply?

Confusing to me also, I'm using the osc installed paypal module, it works on that , as for any other paypal ipn module I'm not really sure. Sorry if I confused anyone..

JD

I get the following error when I click transactions or send test IPN. I was hoping to find a solution here but all I found was that someone else had the same problem 2 years ago with no solution listed. Does anyone have the solution or should I just uninstall the script?

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/www/far-horizons.info/OSCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/far-horizons.info/OSCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/www/far-horizons.info/OSCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

any help?

• 4 weeks later...

I found a bug with Paypal IPN installed.

If a customer type his credit card number in the cc field, and he regrets and choose paypal instead, then the entire credit card # is submitted with the order.

Are there any way to avoid this? I don't like storing a full cc# anywhere on my server.

Regards

Mike