• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Login guest/sutomer oddity

I built three sites from the same version of 2.2. But only one recognises me as me - the other two blighters always think I'm a guest and make me log in.

I'm not alone these two sites do it to thers as well.

Why?

Are all sites on the same domain? If yes the problem is identified. The cookie that osCommerce sets is based on the domain.

HTH

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

Are all sites on the same domain? If yes the problem is identified. The cookie that osCommerce sets is based on the domain.

HTH

Thanks for that, but no.....

... they are are all three different domains. Two are with the same virtual host - one of those works. In fact the first site I built is the only one where the cookies work. (Is it just a reinstall of the file with cookies??)

Paul B

maybe ...

but try to set your cookies off and see what happens..

also look at how your php.ini files differ especially the parts where cookies are involved

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

maybe ...

but try to set your cookies off and see what happens..

also look at how your php.ini files differ especially the parts where cookies are involved

With cookies off - or rather in 'ask me first' mode all three sites try to place cookies.

Now where would those php.ini files be lurking?

the files for php.ini are lurking where no one is looking

do a search for its correct path

You mean fool around with PHP like in /lib/php.ini??

But as the problem happens on two different servers located in two different countires using the same version of OSC - this points to an OSC adjustment not a PHP one, me thinks.

Anyway my virtual host ain't going to like me poking about in his PHP files - even if he'll let me.

You don't have to change anything .. just get the php.ini files and do a comparison of them. What versions and what type of web server are you running.

Also .. when you are asked for placing a cookie on some browsers you can actually look at the cookie and see what it says. are the two cookies coming from the same virtual host the same?

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

One trick i have found that makes it easy to compare php config is the infophp command. I think there was a file called debug in the tar file that would display the infomation with out having to write the script

Archived