• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple packages from a single order? Suggestions?

Caver Dave

Currently have both UPS & FedEx (basic) shipping modules setup. Many of my products are large (oversize) and heavy (overweight, *if* bundled together), so I'm looking for a method of passing multiple package weights or dimensions to the mods for shipping calculation.

For example, I have 1 product that totals 75# (1bundle - 60#ea. approx. 6"W x 24"H x 55" and some minor stuff that fits in their small shipping boxes). For example, the FedEx module calculates shipping to CA @ $78... except it costs me $120! I can break it into multiple packages, but have no way to pass those parameters, other than max out the weight (150#) for that product. The only issue comes when the actual product weight is 150# total and their cutoff for regular ground shipping is 150#ea... I have no way to make sure the charges cover the total.

Suggestions?

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...

UPS XML with dimensional support. I believe it allows for marking items as "Ready to ship" so they will never be grouped with other products.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I have all the items in our store selected as "Ready to Ship" using the UPSXML module, however, if I add more than one package, at the shipping screen UPSXML still shows it as 1 pkg but adds up the weight still. Shouldn't it show something other than 1 pkg?!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...