• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image-Handling: Storage on FTP vs. Storage in DB

Hello,

is there a special reason from the architecture, why (apparently) the direct storage of i.e. product pictures is not supported?

For me it would be more convienent, to be able to upload the picture via a form. In contrast to the existing solution, this would mean one step for i.e. product or category creation and not two (uploading, referencing). This could also reduce errors because then you simple cannot put the picture in the wrong place.

Any comments?

Daniel

is there a special reason from the architecture, why (apparently) the direct storage of i.e. product pictures is not supported?

Not sure what you mean here :?:

Do you mean why are the pictures stored as files rather than the database??

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Now you have to upload the image file via the filemanager and then you have to manually connect the name of the picture with the name of the file you uploaded before.

Other applications offer here the way to upload the picture within the i.e. new-product-form, and then to automatically store the pictures in the database or in the filesystem.

I think this this would mean an improvement for osCommerce.

Daniel

Now you have to upload the image file via the filemanager and then you have to manually connect the name of the picture with the name of the file you uploaded before.

When u add a new product you can add the image by clicking on the browse button.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

When u add a new product you can add the image by clicking on the browse button.

Mark Evans

Archived