• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Mall system

Aodhan

I am taking this opprtunity to ask you if you can customize mini stores

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,mini+stores

as per my following requirements because it may save efforts if you start the whole thing from A and knowing your ultimate target will make it much easier.I understand that few things already exist but it is to give you idea as how it should work for me.please comment in the light of below.

1-One account for all main and mini stores.No matter where the account was opened that is master or any slave store and the customer openining account at any store should be able to login at master store even.

2-Master admin could monitor all sales month wise and he must have ability to fix percentage of commission each store. Accordingly it should show in admin (drop menu)that is total sales of x month and commission earned plus store name against all such details with totals days and month wise.

3-As already discussed the tech requirement is that different carts or stores could sell same product and each one of them will show in search results,like four companies selling avola fire will show four diffeent results with four different prices and cheapest will take the lead and will sell.It means that search will pick products from all the stores products data and display them and at the same time each store will have ability to fix different price against the same product.It is basically a price comparision site.It may have different admins if that makes your job easy and in actual contribution they are different for every mini store.

4-In contact us it will be having contact to master or drop menu allows to contact required mini store .

5-Series of orders will be the same and like 1,2,3,4,5 and on inserting this order in master admin search it should give complete order info with store id as which store has sold this product.The additional thing will be store id only where order details are shown (See orders ms2).

6-automated (now present in system) order confirmation email sent to customer must give details of the merchant and all the contact points which may be picked from admin each mini store,like email address,tel number etc for the ease of tracking or discussing order at later stage with concerned company only.

7-Each store may have his own payment system or merchant(already exists).

8-Please note that any product inserted by master admin or slave admin must show in search results so this must be common place (block)for search to choose from.Likewise product inserted by mini store should be part of the concerned mini store and it should also show in categories and products of master store it should all be automatic.it may please be noted that products of master store may not show in all mini stores.

9-On choosing particular manufacturer it must show products of all the mini stores and master store.

Contribution mini store is quite close to all above and If you think that you can do something on these lines then please let me know.i will wait for your response please.

THANKS

luqi

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is almost exactly what I am looking for as well.

I don't really need the price comparison between stores... just kinda like be able to better segment things.

so... what's the most current status with this ???

I am taking this opprtunity to ask you if you can customize mini stores

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,mini+stores

as per my following requirements because it may save efforts if you start the whole thing from A and knowing your ultimate target will make it much easier.I understand that few things already exist but it is to give you idea as how it should work for me.please comment in the light of below.

1-One account for all main and mini stores.No matter where the account was opened that is master or any slave store and the customer openining account at any store should be able to login at master store even.

2-Master admin could monitor all sales month wise and he must have ability to fix percentage of commission each store. Accordingly it should show in admin (drop menu)that is total sales of x month and commission earned plus store name against all such details with totals days and month wise.

3-As already discussed the tech requirement is that different carts or stores could sell same product and each one of them will show in search results,like four companies selling avola fire will show four diffeent results with four different prices and cheapest will take the lead and will sell.It means that search will pick products from all the stores products data and display them and at the same time each store will have ability to fix different price against the same product.It is basically a price comparision site.It may have different admins if that makes your job easy and in actual contribution they are different for every mini store.

4-In contact us it will be having contact to master or drop menu allows to contact required mini store .

5-Series of orders will be the same and like 1,2,3,4,5 and on inserting this order in master admin search it should give complete order info with store id as which store has sold this product.The additional thing will be store id only where order details are shown (See orders ms2).

6-automated (now present in system) order confirmation email sent to customer must give details of the merchant and all the contact points which may be picked from admin each mini store,like email address,tel number etc for the ease of tracking or discussing order at later stage with concerned company only.

7-Each store may have his own payment system or merchant(already exists).

8-Please note that any product inserted by master admin or slave admin must show in search results so this must be common place (block)for search to choose from.Likewise product inserted by mini store should be part of the concerned mini store and it should also show in categories and products of master store it should all be automatic.it may please be noted that products of master store may not show in all mini stores.

9-On choosing particular manufacturer it must show products of all the mini stores and master store.

Contribution mini store is quite close to all above and If you think that you can do something on these lines then please let me know.i will wait for your response please.

THANKS

luqi

• 1 month later...

I have some additional remarks to mini-stores as i am concerned now for some weeks with these problems.

1. A store or merchant (supplier) should not only have a relation to categories, but also to manufacturers: you have some different stores that sell all the same products from some manufacturers. You just need to keep track of the products for the manufacturers, but you need a separate table to keep the specific data like ItemPrice, ItemNumber, ItemsOnStock, shipping data for the individual store (supplier). The supplier himself may be storeowner and manufacturer, but then he will be listed in the to tables.

2. The selection criteria doesn't be limited to categories or manufacturers, but you should also have the possibility to select on following combinations:

- StoreID and ManufacturerID

- StoreID and CategoryID

- ManufacturerID and CategoryID

- StoreID and ManufacturerID and CategoryID

3. From the database side you have to add:

- table Stores or Suppliers (abtracted it s the same idea)

- table many-to-many StoresToManufacturers

- table StoreProductsDetail (holds the specific product data for a specific store)

- some other tables should be added the StoreID (Ordertable, ....)

- the cart treatment should respect the StoreID to send the email to

- in this case payment not payments methods may fit (ie cod, advance,offline credit card for known customers..)

4. Code has to be adapted, but this should be not the biggest problem as I saw still some good suggestions.

5. Unfortunately I am not a PHP programmer until now, but coming from the MS scene, I have already programmed this in an Access frontend(ODBC) to use locally. Products, Manufactures, Suppliers etc. may be synchronyzed(pushed to the mysql database).I should make some work in this direction next weeks.

• 1 month later...
I wrote a multiple store system based on a store_code assigned to categories and products.

This, however, utilizes a single database with only one set of store owner information.

It was designed for a company to use on multiple domains, subdirectories, or pointed domain names. Each store is then assigned a store_id code.

Only products matching the current store_id could be seen on any given store.

Then, a single Admin is used to handle everything.

As the main store wanted all orders to be displayed for the customer regardless of which store they purchased from, Account History shows all orders.

The only difference between the store was the store face and the store names could be defined individually to appear on orders.

I do not believe this contains enough of what you are looking for as you want seperate store owner information for each shop.

But you can see this at:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/allstores.html

The ALL store was setup to show all products using a store code that matched the others.

The other shops each have a unique shop_id.

Each Category and Product is then assigned one or more shop_id codes to determine which stores they can display on.

• 1 year later...

Hi!

With this contrib. the stores use a shared - same - shopping cart? so, the stores "working" as a main category?

for ex: I put an item in the toy department to the cart, and go to the computer department, and put a monitor to the basket, so it will be both in my cart, and I can order it in one package? both store are belong to one company, just separated design for the department.

? Sorry for my complicated english..:)

Cheerz!

Hi!

With this contrib. the stores use a shared - same - shopping cart? so, the stores "working" as a main category?

for ex: I put an item in the toy department to the cart, and go to the computer department, and put a monitor to the basket, so it will be both in my cart, and I can order it in one package? both store are belong to one company, just separated design for the department.

? Sorry for my complicated english..:)

Cheerz!

Hi I believe there is a contribution '' separated tabbed for great catergories' or like . this is what you want , cheers

Rusty

-------------------------------------------

• 3 years later...

i need to have for many stores /multiple shops/ in subdomains

1. shared accounts and

2. one shared shopping cart across different domains

it is important becouse i have a virtual bank terminal, installed in default shipping cart and need to use it in all shops.

Archived