• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Mall system

Aodhan

I knew I messed something up lol Thanks a ton for the help Aodhan!!! :D

Looks as if that fixed the count problem I was having too ... except for the first product that I put in ... probably because of the cache thing.

Many thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure everyone is still trying to recover from the holidays, but has any more progress been made on this mod. From some of the earlier posts it sounded like Linda was pretty close! Hopefully my post isn't slowing up progress.

Think of it more as a cheer from the sidelines!!! :P

I am sure everyone is still trying to recover from the holidays, but has any more progress been made on this mod. From some of the earlier posts it sounded like Linda was pretty close! Hopefully my post isn't slowing up progress.  

Think of it more as a cheer from the sidelines!!! :P

I don't know where Linda is with her mod, but mine has been completed (Except for one slight fix in the admin side, nothing that affects functionality) and is in the contributions section:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,577/page,3

Since there is a great reporting contribution that can break it down by category (Which is basically what each of my "stores" are, glorified categories), I won't be duplicating the wheel for reporting.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,524

Aodhan

I already have a store running and want to add an additional store to it, will your contribution work?

Goal:

1. Two stores, differnt domains, same server

2. 1 shopping cart (ability to place an order with products from both stores)

3. Different shipping modules for each store (one has set per product the other will use UPS)

4. Differnt Product listing format for each store

Thats about it.I don't think that is to much to ask. :lol:

Thanks for your help, I hope it will work!!!

• 2 months later...

Please tell me if I am not taking all things into consideration... but Why can't you provide changed files current to latest milestone in your contrib to avoid the hunting and replacing of code.

I have had to go through most of the install of this contrib to find places where the new code inserted was missing parts or changed order so missing ; and ) appear.

What keeps the contributer from providing new files with commented additions for the files we need to change?

I am reserving my judgement for this contrib since I haven't had any success configuring it yet ;)

do any of these contributions offer the shops all having the same products and payment goes through the main site?

But each shop owner can have an area to see their sales and commission, and their own look.

Hope this makes sense.

Nev

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've found a bug and can't seem to figure out the problem.

When adding a "store" in the admin, it comes up with this:

1054 - Unknown column 'store_id' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as products_count from products where store_id = '1'

It does add the store in the db, but the functionality is lost (can't add more).

Any ideas?

Is is possible to get the shopping mall code. I just succeeded in installing the oscommerce.

I will appreciate if this mall code or script is made available to me. This is what I am really looking for :D

I have gotten it running before with no problem. However it didn't fit my needs so I deleted it.

:D Thanks Wayne Luke

Please do you still have the code or the entire script saved. I will need a copy if possible.

I am really looking for mall kind of the oscommerce or anything similar.

I will appreciate if still available or your help about it

No, actually I don't. It was before MS1 and when that was released, I started working with that and abandoned daily snapshots. What problems are you having specifically?

What problems are you having specifically?

Not really a problem. I wanted to install a shopping mall to enable me offer multiple store to users. Though I just had the MS1 installed and all seem working fine, but later learn the oscommerce MSI features is just a regular shopping cart which is not bad any way. I am actually looking for a shopping mall program. My new website required a shopping mall.

If any idea or willing to help with customizing osc msi as a mall with few features like media upload/ download, built in affiliate program, users register for a new shop setup with paypal payment option, or something like that. I will appreciate if you can help or anybody willing to do the job. I am willing to pay for the job but a low budget. Real Low :D

Eddie 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had to eat my own words. With some tweaking I was able to get the virtual mall to work with MS2.2, with all of the mods added.

Only finishing touches is to replace the default email with an html email that has my company's logo, information, etc. so it doesn't look drop shipped.

Pretty sweet...thanks John!

Chris,

How about zipping it up and posting in. Seems lots of people including myself, need a working mall ASAP.

I could put it on a demo for folk to look at

Yes, I think a working mall of osc powerful script should be good. I have been longing to obtain one. These, however has drag down the launching of my new website which need a mall script to function.

horizon70s it is great to learn you are almost done with the osc mall system, I just can't wait to get hold on it :D

Chris, Is there anything I can help to make the osc mall available soon?

Zipping it up and posting the link here or so is a good idea.

Hey gang, sorry for the late reply, have been out of town.

It's set up right now to split up an order to each individual manufacturer/wholesaler for a store. I run drop ship stores, and this was essential.

Besides a couple minor bugs, the only projects left are:

1) How to handle the comments field. Currently there's a comments field when ordering, and the same comments are sent to every wholesaler. I'm not too sure how to handle this yet, but I'm open to any ideas.

2) Emailing the order in HTML, which is essentially the receipt that is to be sent out with the product when shipped.

I'm a perfectionist, so when it's running flawlessly I'll have it posted.

The original premis behind this version was to have one store owner with a lot of seperate stores. Each could have it's own look and feel to them, domain name, shared domain names or pointed domain names. The only stipulation was being on the same server.

They all then use 1 MySQL file.

There is a setting for a unique store name but that is just a title to appear on the orders and in email.

The current version also allowed a customer to see all their orders from all the stores and only need one login.

Everything was then run by 1 Admin.

Hi-

I'd like to weigh in on this. What you describe is EXACTLY WHAT I NEED. I took a look at your One MySQL demo and that looks very cool. WAY COOL.

Although a lot of people are talking about a desire for more advanced features (separate billing and admin, etc.), I think it would add immediate value to a huge number of osCommerce customers if you shipped the feature set I quoted above. More advanced mall features are really a special case of ISPs. For the typical web merchant, unified admin and billing (rather than separate) is a huge benefit.

I do think that the "child" stores need to have full flexibility when it comes to user presentation, though (separate domains, separate look-and-feel, separate localization capabilities). If a customer enters through one "storefront" they should be able to go through the entire buying process without having to think about which store they are in (or without even realizing that there are other stores). It appears that your demo has these things, so the only question is when can this be rolled in to OSC (or turned into a contribution)?

Great work!

The original premis behind this version was to have one store owner with a lot of seperate stores. Each could have it's own look and feel to them, domain name, shared domain names or pointed domain names. The only stipulation was being on the same server.

They all then use 1 MySQL file.

There is a setting for a unique store name but that is just a title to appear on the orders and in email.

The current version also allowed a customer to see all their orders from all the stores and only need one login.

Everything was then run by 1 Admin.

Hi-

I'd like to weigh in on this. What you describe is EXACTLY WHAT I NEED. I took a look at your One MySQL demo and that looks very cool. WAY COOL.

Although a lot of people are talking about a desire for more advanced features (separate billing and admin, etc.), I think it would add immediate value to a huge number of osCommerce customers if you shipped the feature set I quoted above. More advanced mall features are really a special case of ISPs. For the typical web merchant, unified admin and billing (rather than separate) is a huge benefit.

I do think that the "child" stores need to have full flexibility when it comes to user presentation, though (separate domains, separate look-and-feel, separate localization capabilities). If a customer enters through one "storefront" they should be able to go through the entire buying process without having to think about which store they are in (or without even realizing that there are other stores). It appears that your demo has these things, so the only question is when can this be rolled in to OSC (or turned into a contribution)?

Great work!

When I have the time, a few 100+ of hours, to re-write this for MS2 ... :shock:

I will be looking into it again after I finish SEC and have it working for MS2.

Then, I have my Layout and Column control with themes finished and bundled up.

So, it's on the list of things to do.

When A customer buy a product from the mall sold by Store XX

Is there a way we can make store name appear on orders.php?

so we know who sold this product ? :(

I'd like to see if there are some demos of this stuff.

Aodhan, I saw your contribution (Virtual Mall Version). I was wondering if you have a live site or demo to show me what it does.

Peter, I went to your website and could not get oscMall to work or demo. It just gives me an error that there are no files to show there. Also did you post this as a contribution or is the code available yet?

I've been working on a similar thing. I have set up a table called "partners" which is very similar to the affiliates table. Then I just added a field called partner_id to several key tables. I don't want to operate different stores, but instead I want to have a single website and mysql database but multiple administrators. The product listings would include products from any partner. I've changed the contribution "Admin with Access Levels" so that my partners can log in but have limited access to the databases. I'm wondering if any of the contributions mentioned in this thread might get me closer to that goal.

JG

Actually I am trying to have customers from different stores post their products on the site I am going to work on that and have a way to have an distraction for every store owner where they can post their own products without going through the main virtual mall owner :crazy:

John

Your partners idea is exactly what I have been looking to achieve. I have been working on multiple user tables then inserting the data in these into one main store whilst allowing all users to have their own separate stores ... but its harder to restrict access that way and more time consuming to set up each store. I think your way would be more in line with what I had in mind originally. Will you be posting this as a contribution?

regards

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

In admin, I cannot access the Categories/Products, the error message is:

Parse error: parse error in /shop/admin/categories.php on line 240

This is the area aroung line 240 in categories.php

'products_tax_class_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_tax_class_id']), 'manufacturers_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']),

(line 240)'store_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['store_id'])), 

'products_length' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_length']),

Any help would be appreciated, I have been at this for days and checked and double checked the contribution instructions.

Penge

Archived