• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Entering data in Admin section

Digimatt

No major harm done, Digimatt ... things in type are always a tad bit less understandable ... and sometimes ... gawd forbid ... even I get ruffled :roll:

Meanwhile, if you do run into a need for help, you may have noticed there are a lot of folks here that try to provide help and get you on your way without too much pain.

Glad you did not toss away a good software package like osC ... you will really like it.

And my appologies to you if I took offense to your posts where it was not intended.

We tend to get protective of such a good product and the folks that have put so much into it. :D

doesn't irc have a kick and ban function .. though I would probably be first to feel this wrath .. wouldn't it be nice if ............ 8)

You wouldn't happen to play on the Undernet, would you Strider? :wink:

not me linda .. lol .. I have heard of and met some terrible people that use this nick also .. I guess one day I will have to bring out my other nicks .. Steelhand, Grynlar .. but I like Strider .. lol ... I am just a big loveable teddy bear ..

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Hey Strider... you actually look a bit like Aragorn in that picture...

that's pretty cool :D

I assume he would just register under another name again and secretly go for the quality osCommerce and her community provide.... he will not find a better opensource E-comm solution that's for sure.

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

I surmised that some of you guys were prodigies but children too? I thought Linda M. chose a cute little peter pan icon for her image to hide the fact that she is actually a grey-haired mathusalah.

Bill

The greatest challenge is inventory management, the second greatest is managing the orders. osC current does both about average. Both could be better.

The great thing is that ANYONE at ANYTIME can build a better mousetrap and give it to the community through a contribution.

One of the things that I have to do for one client that dropships is create a process that they will be able to run and will go to the site and create a .gz tarball of all the new invoices and packing slips in PDF format (one .gz tarball each). Then they download the .gz tarballs (all through a web interface) use a translater to change the tarballs to self-extracting zip files. Once they have that the process is to e-mail the zip file to the dropshipper. Once that process has been completed the drop shipper sends over a tracking number for each invoice, and I want to be able to upload that and store that in the appropriate record so customers can track the delivery.

Like I said, the core of what almost any store needs is in osCommerce, but if you are really doing business, you will need to extend it.

Archived