• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL file does not exist:

charles

:D all posts on this topis are locked but I think I've figured it out so here goes.

The error message 'SQL file does not exist' problem occurs in step 3 of the browser install of osc v2.2. After trying all of the suggested fixes (see those for the history, theres only 4) in the locked thread of this title, this is what I figured out.

I believe it has to do with server specific addressing.

Anyway, in step1 you are told to type in /home/yoursitename/html/... don't... and don't change the addressing provided in the server root address box. Make sure to leave the slash off the end.

However, do fill in all of the other boxes per instructions. If you are installing catalog in the root directory be sure to follow the instructions of replacing '/catalog/' with '/'. This fills in the missing slash on the root address.

Also, if you are installing the software in a test directory so your old site can continue running while you get this one sorted out, do not add that directory name as part of the root address. Instead, add that directory name in the boxes requesting virtual addressing for 'catalog' and 'admin'.

Just be sure when you are done and are ready to move the whole site to the root directory, modify the appropriate addressing in the /catalog/includes/config/ and /admin/includes/config/ files.

Of course, you could always do a new install and not upload the test 'oscommerce.sql' but do you reeeeeally want to take that chance?

Good luck, Charles

We stand in ignorance only for questions not asked. Plug up the leaks in your knowledge base and open up a flood of understanding.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had an issue with this on a client's site. I simply ran the install process without checking the option for "create database" or "import database" or whatever it says. Once the files were copied and configs configured via the install, I went into PHPMyAdmin and ran the database query from "oscommerce.sql" manually in the query window.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, Im brand new to osCommerce :'(

Firstly I had problems with Global Registers but after following the global register contribution got passed that.

Secondly I got the 'SQL file does not exist' error (it is!).

So I have installed without checking the option for 'create database' and ran oscommerce.sql from the query window.

This generates the following errors:

Warning: fopen(\includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:\domains\m\moving-shadow.net\user\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in e:\domains\m\moving-shadow.net\user\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in e:\domains\m\moving-shadow.net\user\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(\admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:\domains\m\moving-shadow.net\user\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in e:\domains\m\moving-shadow.net\user\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in e:\domains\m\moving-shadow.net\user\htdocs\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

If you then choose the admin or catalog button the following error is displayed:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in e:\domains\m\moving-shadow.net\user\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

What do you think is going on here ??

Hi there,

I have the same problem, and im working on this for hours and hours. I cant solf this. Is this an Windows problem only ?

greets

I am not positiive that it will never happen on a linux server but everytime I have seen the problem it has been on a windows setup.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

HI

I got to say I don't know much about these things, but, I am learning.

I had a problem just like this loading a forum board and know I have had it loading OSCommerce. My server is Windows 2003 and it seems to stem from the problem that windows likes full path names. I changed the a line in install_3 to reflect this in my case it looked like this before

$sql_file = $dir_fs_www_root . install/oscommerce.sql';

after

$sql_file = $dir_fs_www_root . 'Domains/myweb.com/wwwroot/install/oscommerce.sql';

That seems to have worked.

Hope it will help some other poor struggling new web builder out there. :D

HI

I had a problem just like this loading a forum board and know I have had it loading OSCommerce. My server is Windows 2003 and it seems to stem from the problem that windows likes full path names. I changed the a line in install_3 to reflect this in my case it looked like this before

after

$sql_file = $dir_fs_www_root . 'Domains/myweb.com/wwwroot/install/oscommerce.sql';

I'm having the same issue, excpet no matter how I modify that line, it does not work for me. My web root is I:\WWW and in that WWW folder I copied the contents of the catalog folder. So when I run the install, it's http://www.domain.com/install, yet it still gets to that same point and doesn't work. Any ideas?

Complete newbie here.

The package looks great, but I just can't get it set up.

I found this thread because it seems to be exactly my problem - on first install, I get the error: /install/oscommerce.sql file does not exist.

Unfortunately, I can't understand the solution

"Anyway, in step1 you are told to type in /home/yoursitename/html/... don't... and don't change the addressing provided in the server root address box. Make sure to leave the slash off the end. "

The boxes are all empty, so what should I type?

• 1 month later...

If you want to get past this point easily, then simply create an 'install' directory in your system root (i.e. c:\install). then copy the 'oscommerce.sql' file there. Run again. It should load into your database just fine. I know this is not a fix, but a workaround to get you going.

Complete newbie here.

The package looks great, but I just can't get it set up.

I found this thread because it seems to be exactly my problem - on first install, I get the error: /install/oscommerce.sql file does not exist.

Unfortunately, I can't understand the solution

"Anyway, in step1 you are told to type in /home/yoursitename/html/... don't... and don't change the addressing provided in the server root address box. Make sure to leave the slash off the end. "

The boxes are all empty, so what should I type?

• 3 months later...
HI

after

Thank you this worked great.

What he said is to edit install_3.php in install\templates\pages

FIND This line

$sql_file = $dir_fs_www_root . 'install/oscommerce.sql';

Now you have to change it based on the physical location on the server.

Example if the file is D:\Websiteds\yourdomain.com\root\install\oscommerce.sql

on the server then you would change the above line to..

$sql_file = $dir_fs_www_root . 'Websites/yourdomain.com/root/install/oscommerce.sql';

Archived