• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

To many forums ...

:evil:

With the seperation of topics related to the OSC software itself, support will decrease.

Currently someone that is willing to help will have to work harder to find people in need (going from forum to forum).

The old way, every topic was seen by every person. That way even if the person didn't think they could ever provide help on the topic, they would see it anyways.

This is bad ... very bad ... eg www.postnuke.com

No this is very good.

That is why there are categories for each forum.

And the search feature is still available.

If you want to make OSC work for you, I'm sure you will be more than willing to do a littlew hunting to find the right answer.

And if you dont then maybe OSC is not for you. Becos one thing is for sure, if you want OSC to be all it can be you WILL have to put work and effort into it!

CC.

if we placed everything in the same catagory im sure most people wouldnt read everything. Me i personally like it split up so that if i want to read one catagory or just to look in one area it is easy. Before you had to find what you where looking for

I was talking more about people who HELP. I for one am getting to where I can help alot of people out.

BUT

I am less willing to go into each section and search for a person in need. Before, I would get everything via email. If I couldn't help, the email got deleted, otherwise I would respond.

It is spreading the support too thin.

Before, I would get everything via email. If I couldn't help, the email got deleted, otherwise I would respond.

So take advantage of the newsgroup integration and use it much like the old email lists.

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

-- Andrew Jackson

Indeed.

It is great you are so eager to help Jason, but there is no need to go searching in and out of every forum to see if you can help.

There are many people who will catch many requests, and they wont all be the same people either.

So just do what you can and so will the rest of us.

I shed a tear for the old forums too. :cry:

R.I.P

:wink:

CC.

BTW Jason - Your website is very slow loading.

I have seen it before and do not remember it being this slow last time.

Didnt know if you knew or not. So just making you aware if it helps.

CC.

Jason, actually, it doesn't matter if there are 1000 separate areas. All you have to do is use the List Messages Since Last Logon option on the top right and you will get all NEW messages, no matter where they were posted.

So, you can still do what you need to do. :D

Steve

On the main forum page, the one you go to as soon as you log in, look for the logout option on the top right (well near it). Look the first line BELOW that, and there it is.

Or, look for Last Post on the heading line, it's 3 lines above that.

Works great.

Steve

Thanks CC.

Right now I am sharing a T1 with 100 other users. I also am hosting a few other sites that produce some traffic.

Not to mention I run a Battlefield 1942 server ;-)

I will be co-located soon.

Also ... about the NNTP option ...

I noticed that none of my messages posted from news get posted here ...

I am pretty sure I am missing something.

No, you are not :)

The news servers are in a read-only mode state at the moment. We are waiting on an add-on to the forum to be made publicly available before we can offer writing mode on the news servers.

-Harald

:heart:, osCommerce

Archived