• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setting up Anonymous purchases?

fredh

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to setup the store (v2.2) to NOT require a user to create an account to buy something?

I am thinking more along the traditional lines where users add to cart, goto the checkout, type their info and submit the order...

Any thoughts?

Hmmmm...

I think you guys have been coding for too long. :wink:

But I love the sound of this too.

When are we looking at seeing this as a contribution Harald??

And also......

Any news or updates with the new checkout module too.... :lol:

CC.

Hehehe ;)

Bananas in Pyjamas - excellent!

I have a horrible feeling this new forum will keep hundreds of people glued to it and no work will get done ;) I must finish my new store by Christmas...I must finish my new store by Christmas... I must (etc etc)

Hey all,

I love these new faces :) worth upgrading the forums just for them alone :)

anyway onto the subject, Has anybody got any further in working out a contribution for this?

If so will the contribution still allow customers to create an account if they wish?

I'm convinced that it does increase sales if the customer does not have to log in. I did receive my first order through OsCommerce the other day...but it has been a little slow taking off in ratio to the number of visitors we have had.

Thank you very much,

Best Regards

James Anthony

www.gadgetworldonline.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GadgetWorldOnline - A Whole World of Gadgets

www.gadgetworldonline.com

Tel. +44(0)161 612 2268

E-mail. [email protected]

Hey James..

Harald says:

The new checkout procedure has optimized the shipping and payment modules which introduces changes in the module structure. All modules in CVS will be updated with the new structure, but modules in the Contributions will need to be updated and contributed again.  

To ease this, API documentation for the checkout procedure, the payment modules, and the shipping modules will be made available.  

The new checkout procedure should be commited in the CVS repository some time this week

From what has been discussed, there will still be an account system - but with this new "speedy" purchase option it should catch more sales for lazy shoppers ;)

This will be possible with the rewrite of the checkout procedure, which I am still working on.

In the checkout procedure as is, the customers must select Creditcard on a page that dosn't show the ordertotal.

This is not allowed in Denmark.

Customers must be able to see the exact amount they are going to pay with their creditcard.

Just hoping that You are aware of that.

Best Regards

olby

This is merely the danish adaption of the EU-directive for eCommerce. Similar laws will be in all EU-member countries.

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

Harald : Will there be any changes to the Database with this new checkout procedure? I would prefer to wait a few days if that's the case as I need to heavily mod my new store.....

Harald : Will there be any changes to the Database with this new checkout procedure? I would prefer to wait a few days if that's the case as I need to heavily mod my new store.....

There will be an addition to the orders table to handle the billto information (similar to how shipto works)

The orders table will contain customer information, shipping information, and billing information. Yes, three sets of addresses.

The logic may change though to insert addresses only if they are different from the customers address.

I will look into providing upgrade scripts for the current database structure to the newer once the checkout procedure is commited.

:heart:, osCommerce

I will look into providing upgrade scripts for the current database structure to the newer once the checkout procedure is commited.

Wonderful! Thanks :rockedover:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello.

I'm totally new to osCommerce and I tried searching forums for any later entries for the subject and found only one that says "Use the search Luke." (not literaly).

My question is: Has there been any development in this section? I'm in need of a no-login customer support.

Hello.

I'm totally new to osCommerce and I tried searching forums for any later entries for the subject and found only one that says "Use the search Luke." (not literaly).

My question is: Has there been any development in this section? I'm in need of a no-login customer support.

Check the contriubutions sections for PWA. Purchase without account. Works great.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi... been hunting to see if theres a way of allowing guests to puchase without login or registering...

Any more news...

Cheers

Mike

That's great!!! would you be willing to share that code for quickbuy????? :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow!

This topic is from September, 9th, 2002 and no updates on...

This will be possible with the rewrite of the checkout procedure, which I am still working on.

-Harald

All I can say is, the PWA mod is not up to par, and I for one, would really like to have customers accounts "not required at all" to buy something from a store. :thumbsup:

i.e. No mention of accounts at all. Just put the items in the cart, input some personal info and submit an order. :)

Maybe two versions of osCommerce, one with accounts required and one without accounts at all? Or a better mod?

Thanks

Running osC - 2.2MS2. P.S. Please don't ask for a link to my site, it is on a production server and not available for the general public, yet!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to setup the store (v2.2) to NOT require a user to create an account to buy something?

I am thinking more along the traditional lines where users add to cart, goto the checkout, type their info and submit the order...

Any thoughts?

There is a contribution that works very well on my store. It is called Checkout without account i believe. Easy to setup and integrate.

Wow!

This topic is from September, 9th, 2002 and no updates on...

All I can say is, the PWA mod is not up to par, and I for one, would really like to have customers accounts "not required at all" to buy something from a store. :thumbsup:

i.e. No mention of accounts at all. Just put the items in the cart, input some personal info and submit an order. :)

Maybe two versions of osCommerce, one with accounts required and one without accounts at all? Or a better mod?

Thanks

I have done it !!!!!!!

still working on bypassing checkout confirmation

I used pwa but pulled a switch. bypassed the information and go straight to shipping

then choose account.

thinking of making a contribution out of it

once I thin the catalog section out. I am using it as a shoping cart for html site

you can see it at weletterit.com if you want it request it personaly from me.

at [email protected] if I get too many requests I will make it public

Archived