• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Coupons

s0laris

I would like to promote my shopping cart by giving "coupons" to other sites to promote me. That way when a customer pays with a special coupon code for x% off or x dollars off, I know who referred the customer and can pay them in turn.

Has anyone made this?

Don't forget that if you want to use the Discount Coupon module, you first need to install the Credit Class. There are still a couple of things left to do with the Discount Coupon (although it's suprisingly usable at the moment)

Couple of features still to add

More admin (reports are a must)

Still haven't comitted the code for re-calculating tax on fixed deductions.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

It'll never be finished :( , as people always want more added :D

I did some work on this over the weekend. Changes as follows.

Coupons no longer physically deleted, simpl marked inactive to preserve historical reports. Coupon list now has drop down to sort active/inactive/all

The code for the drop down date selectors now remebers the date of a previously define coupon. (Thanks to fredh for that patch submission)

Beefed up the install instructions

I'll be adding the customer restriction code (for emailed coupons) tonight.

Once that's done I'll package up a new release.

BTW Susie. Have you installed the Credit Class (v3.0/v3.1). Once that's installed adding the discount coupon is very easy.

Ian,

Thank you for your information. Regarding the Credit Class, I have installed the .sql file, but not the php pages yet. In fact, I am confused with the CVS directories and the sub-directories within the catalog and admin directories. Do I need to replace or amend the CVS's files? Do I need to replace all the files in the subdirectories one by one? :oops:

- Susie

Susie,

Just ignore the cvs directories completely, as for installing it depends on how old your snapshot is, and whether you have made any modifications.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ian what would be real sexxxy is if you had the Discount Coupon system added into your batch release. :D :D :D

I've tried 3 times installing 0.94 myself with no luck...lol. So I'm down with trying the new release.checkout system with an upgrade of the discount coupon...

anyway, thanks for all the hard work bro.

The problem you will find is that the Discount Coupon V0.94 is not compatible with the new checkout.

I do have an updated version which is compatible. I haven't released it yet, but ifyou email me, I'll send it to you.

Hey Ian,

I have your "Loaded_3" setup and running (very nice work, thanks) also have your unreleased discount coupon module you sent me.

The coupon code worked fine, thanks. But I did find another problem not related to it. The tax calculation is off. I purchased a $323.24 product and the tax is set at 7.75% - osc calculated the tax for a rounded off price of $300, not the $323.24. The tax should be $25.05 not $23.25

taxprob.gif

any idea why? I have everything set up correctly and even turn off the discount & gift voucher to test it out.

*shrug*

ARgh!! lol forget that last message - I forgot to set

define('DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX', false); in catalogincludesapplication_top.php

heh, sorry, long day reinstalling....

• 2 months later...

Downloaded the credit mod and the coupon mod and I can't get them to work! I screwed my site up and it took me all day to get it back to normal. Some files overwrote other mods, etc.

Anyways if someone knows what they are doing, I'll pay them to install for me, it's a headache and I don't have time, on a tight deadline to get this live.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I have a problem with this module... I installed both modules and get the following message every time i try to access the admin coupon area.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() in /home/sites/site22/web/commerce/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 38

Thanks for your help and many thanks for creating this beautifull module!!!

Alexander

Well... I found the problem, so I am writing the solution because I think I will not be the first person who had this problem.

You need to remove the tag

REQUIRE(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php');

... but i think that i am stupied... I installed the module coupons, but it was allready installed by the new version of Credit Card & Coupon !!!!

Am I right? Coupon module is allready included.. right?

thanks

alex

Archived