• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updating records in ADMIN

s0laris

Hello, I have seen this post before but did not see any anwers.

I have downloaded the latest version lastnight and did a fresh clean install on a virgin system.

If i got o add/edit a category or product, its as though nothing is submitted except for the keyfield number and the resultin record becomes blank.

I know others are experiencing this too, and it must be something due to the server setup. If I go to edit Languages, etc updates work fine.

php.ibi has register_globlas = on.

any help would be appreciated! :D

Same experience here. Adding product results in no text. At first i thought it was an error writing to the database, but that should not be it because I can change other info in configuration. Have not given it my full attention just yet.

upon viewing php.ini 'file_uploads = On', when viewing server information via administration package it states 'no value' hmmm, i also changes the images directories permissions to 'apache' not 'nobody' because apache runs under user 'apache' im at a loss. Its not a windows box but a linux box, 2.2cvs of oscommerce... dont know what else i should say but i still cannot update catalog. this is a pickle im in... must ponder.

upon viewing php.ini 'file_uploads = On', when viewing server information via administration package it states 'no value'

Turn it on :)

This is how my php.ini configuration looks like:

; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.

file_uploads = On

Don't forget to restart the web server when making changes in the configuration files.

-Harald

:heart:, osCommerce

Thank you, Problem solved. I blindly followed the instructions in the admin install file which stated that the permissions be set to 'nobody' and the group 'nobody'. If i actually THOUGHT about it for one minute and LOOKED at the server user and group i realized that it was SUPPOSED to be 'apache' and group 'apache' . This is me not thinking.

And, to top it off, after the change i did NOT restart my server... which hpld kindly pointed out that has to be done. So now, after a graceful restart, I can edit categories.

Thought i would say just a bit more then a 'thank you' and write out what i did incase anyone else has or had the same problem:)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
How can you alter the php.ini file to say 'file_uploads = On' if you don't host the server yourself?

Is there any other way to do this?

call me thick :'( but can anyone tell me where to locate the php.ini file as i cannot seem to locate it ?

• 1 month later...
I blindly followed the instructions in the admin install file which stated that the permissions be set to 'nobody' and the group 'nobody'.

Reading this thread with some interest as I am looking to solve a problem I am having. I just installed OSC 2.2ms2, and the basic install went relatively easily once I sorted out an IP issue.

However, the admin isn't going nearly as sweetly for me. Turns out there is a config.php file in the admin area as well, which is not 'wizard' enabled... and I don't think I am getting all the data correct. The quote above indicates that there is indeed an installer? Looked in the dir's and I don't see one.

My basic problem is that I am unable to update data once I have edited it. Cannot change the name of the store, for instance.

Help?

• 1 year later...

im having a similar problem.

everything works fyn xcpt 1 thing.

i cannot update/edit/delete/add main default categories which are "hardware", "software", and "dvd movies"

i can add products and sub catagories to these catagories, but i cant really put jewellery in dvd catagory can i, if u know what i mean :)

ive seen alot of people with this problem but noone knows the answer.

grayboss

• 8 months later...

Hi gays

Had the same problem.

Categories and products are not shown because admin is run with wrong language settings. Default language is English, but new categories are created with language you specified in Localization.

The solution for me was running the /admin/categories.php script with language=cz.

So its "<somesite>/admin/categories.php?language=<your default language code>" for you

Archived