• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Enjoy The New Forums!

Harald Ponce de Leon

You've asked for it - we've given it to you!

Seeing the community grow every month, it was about time to move to another forum solution to provide extra features and services to the community members.

The extra features and services add a level of personal communication within the community, at the same time providing it in a fun way.

You can now express yourself with smilies :) You can now present code in a nice and clear manner. You can easily quote part of a reply you are writing to. You can even get in contact with people directly through the PM service.

Not only has the online experience been enhanced, but also the offline experience. News servers have replaced the mailing lists synchronization to provide a similar navigation experience as the online version. With the news server "network" you are able to connect to a server closest to you providing for optimial speed.

We hope the time it takes to adjust to the new forums is an easy approach. If you are having difficulties, please provide feedback so that problem areas can be fixed.

Enjoy the forums - you've all deserved it! :)

- The osCommerce Team

:heart:, osCommerce

Thanks so much for moving to a forum like this one. Having the www style threads were always a pain for me.

The ease and navigation of these types of forums can't be beat. The guys over at phpBB are right up there with what you guys are doing with osC.

man , where do you guys get the time for all this!?.. I run a small comp. reselling biz to pay the mortgage, and get FA time for much else. I can't say enough about how much I (+ all others) appreciate the work and sheer quality of it. :D

Thanks

John

I like it. phpBB is to forum software as OSC is to ecommerce.

In other words, both are at the top of their respective categories.

Maybe you should post a blurb regarding the new forums on the frontpage news items. :wink:

It's funny how the harder I work the luckier I get.

hi!

<-- newbie to the oscommerce scene, but i just got done installing 2 instances of phpBB on various forums.

there is one mod that is extremely popular amungst my users:

'quick reply'

this mod, which can be found at:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t...7874&highlight=

takes all of about 5 minutes to setup, and adds all of the reply functionality at the bottom of each thread! plus, say 15 people post in this thread. you click one of their names, and it instantly quotes them. you can also highlight text anywhere on the post and choose 'quick reply' or soemthign to that nature and that highlighted text gets put into quote brackets.

at any rate, there'a million mods for phpBB too which i'm sure you are probably aware of, but this one in particular seems to be pretty popular!

:)

-boing?

I know that the forums are synchronised with the two news servers mentioned on the old forum pages -- but what happens if i post messages to the news server?

If it is not in response to anything, will it create a new thread?

If it is in response to something, will it add a reply to the appropriate thread?

I liked the old mailing lists (you could retrive the latest messages, read&reply whilst offline, then post replies back at a later time). But, as with any change, it shall take some getting used to. But the bi-directionality would make things alot easier. I _do_ suppose i could just test it out (but i really don't want to break anything).

Cheers,

Will M

Archived