Sign in to follow this  
SamyT

Pay Pal IPNs Suddenly Not Being Received

All orders from the 12th of this month onwards are no longer receiving information from Pay Pal so they're sticking to PENDING - Which means the customer and myself receive notification of the payment but not the order process email.

I have 5 different sites running, this is only affecting one website and NOTHING has been changed on that website, NOTHING. No additions, nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix?

Added - Just tested this on another site, different server, not connected to the other site - nothing came through there either.

I guess this is a wider problem than first realised - is anyone else having this same issue with Pay Pal. Is it possible Pay Pal itself is lagging?

Hi Samy,

You're not alone!

I stopped receiving IPN notifications on the 12th at lunchtime.

I was working on adding another payment method at the time - so I thought the failure was due to an error on my part. I've spent hours trying to figure out what I'd done wrong. Now it looks like a coincidence.

I'm using Paypal Shopping Cart IPN 3.1.5.

If anyone has a fix I'd be greatful if you could post here.

Regards

Rhys

Regards

Rhys

I reported this to the forum a while ago ( http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?sho...=227936&hl= ) adn it's still not working. I contacted PayPal and they were no help saying it's a problem with the program or with the host.

Since the program has been working fine for over a year and my host has not done anything that might effect it, I don't know how to resolve the issue.

Since my other payment modules are working ok, when I get a PayPal order, I go to the Admin > Customers > Orders click on the customer and the Invoice button.

I then do a right click/select all and copy the content of the Invoice. Then I go to Outlook and create a new email, paste the Invoice into the message section and the email address and for a Subject I enter Order Conformation.

Then I change the status of the order from Pending to Processing and uncheck Notify Customer.

I know this is the long way around, but it's getting me through for now.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

I did notice something thay may explain what's going on.

If you look at the order PayPal Transaction Activity the Transaction number is about 32 digits long. When I look at an older order that number is only 17 digits long.

I'm trying ann experiment that I hope will resolve this issue. I'll know if it worked when my next PayPal order comes in.

1) Login to your phpMyAdmin

2) Click on the paypal table

3) Edit txn_id and change the Length/Values from 17 to 32 or higher (I did 50)

4) Save the changes

I'll report back later if this fixed it or not.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Well, my little test didn't work :(

I am using Paypal Website Payments Pro for osCommerce 2.2 MS2, and I have been getting emails back to me with "paypal error dumps".

I have been making a lot of changes on my site, so it might have been the changes that caused the problem. The only thing that is weird, is the problems started around the date you all mention, the 12th.

I did receive an email on the 9th, and of course I ignored it for when I have time to read it. It was from Paypal, about the express checkout changes. Interesting coincidence???

Here is the email they sent me:

PayPal Improves Express Checkout

Dear Paul,

PayPal is improving Express Checkout to help raise the number of completed purchases your customers make and reduce cart abandonment. Now your customers can check out even faster and easier - just in time for the holiday shopping season. These improvements will go into effect at the end of October. To learn more, visit https://www.paypal.com/newexpresscheckout.

As a part of the new checkout, we?ve designed a new Express Checkout button. It matches the look-and-feel of the new checkout to provide buyers with a consistent shopping experience.

? If you host your own checkout button, download the new button at https://www.paypal.com/newexpresscheckout

? If your button is hosted by PayPal or a shopping cart provider, the button will be updated automatically

? If you don?t use the Express Checkout button, you?ll still get the other improvements

Thank you for using PayPal

Sincerely,

PayPal

Yeah, guess it is time to go check it out...

Thanks for all the help on this forum, been a great big help all of you!!

Paul

All orders from the 12th of this month onwards are no longer receiving information from Pay Pal so they're sticking to PENDING - Which means the customer and myself receive notification of the payment but not the order process email.

I have 5 different sites running, this is only affecting one website and NOTHING has been changed on that website, NOTHING. No additions, nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix?

Hey all,

We've had the same problem with our stores - and we've found a work-around that seems to fix it:

It seems that in admin/ipn.php at about line 53 there is the statement

if (!$ipn->validateReceiverEmail(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID,MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_BUSINESS_ID)) 
$ipn->dienice('500');

Which compares the business email address with the receiver address stored in the IPN configuration. We had used different verified email addresses to distinguish the different stores, but for now PayPal is rejecting any orders where the two emails do not match. In other words, PayPal, at least in this instance, appears unable to validate any secondary verified email addresses ? so only the primary email address in our PayPal account will currently work.

Rather than tweaking the code, which worked so nicely for more than a year, we?ve opted just to set the E-mail Address and the Business ID to the same value.

How many of you are based in Canada, like we are? ? I think this is related to PayPal switching over to their Canadian operation for Canadian based businesses.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Explorer, you nailed it. Make sure the email address you set in the OSCommerce Payment IPN "-Mail Address

The e-mail address to use for the PayPal IPN service" matches the "Primary" email address on your paypal account, under profile, email accounts. This fixed it for me.. THANK YOU

I saw this message in another post, I hope it fixes it.

Bug with IPN 'business' variabledate 10-14-2006 11:18 AM author damon writes:

body Since PayPal's site update on the evening on 10/11, IPN has been returning the value for the "business" variable incorrectly. It is currently returning the value of "receiver_email" in the "business" field.

The fix for this has been identified and is scheduled for release on Monday, 10/16. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Well, I finally broke down and installed the 'osCommmerce_PayPal_IPN_v1.2' contribution and it's working like a charm si I'm guessing there is a fault in the 'Paypal Shopping Cart IPN 3.1.5' contribution that needs to be addressed.

Hi

I am having the same problem.

All my emails are the same (as far as I know) but my Paypal "business name" is CumfyBumfy and the email is sales@cumfybumfy.co.uk - are you saying that I need to change the paypal business name to sales@cumfybumfy.co.uk? or have I missed something. I am in the UK.

I changed hosts at the weekend and thought the problem was due to that, but I think its just coincidental.

Do I need to have Paypal IPN set to 'on' in my paypal account, it is currently off. If it should be on what is the URL that needs to be filled in?

This is driving me nuts, it has been working great for ages now and all of a sudden its not!

Christine