• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning Session Start in admin

cmjennings21

I'm looking for some help, I added the nicer invoice and packing slip contribution to my site having tested and getting it working locally, however it didn't work on my remote server when I pushed it up. Not wanting to mess around I promptly installed the changed files from my site backup. Everything seemed to be ok but on the admin side of the site I get the following warnings:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fhlinux208/h/honeybeetoys.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/index.php:1) in /home/fhlinux208/h/honeybeetoys.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fhlinux208/h/honeybeetoys.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/index.php:1) in /home/fhlinux208/h/honeybeetoys.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Having done some reading up this warning appears to relate tot he white space before the php tag but if I click on the configuration the error moves to effect the configuration.php. I don't think it's causing a problem but its not right and looks unsitely on the invoices. I have been throught all the php files in admin and there doesn't appear to be white space. Has anyone had this problem and can you help me restore my site to its former glory?

Heres Hoping

It does indeed sound as though there is whitespace at the beginning of the admin/index.php file. Remove it so that the first character in the file is the <?php entry.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

It does indeed sound as though there is whitespace at the beginning of the admin/index.php file. Remove it so that the first character in the file is the <?php entry.

I've been through every single php file in admin and admittedly removed some white spaces but I'm still getting the error, do you have any other ideas please?

Ive got a similar problem on my index.php page.

Any help would be great people...

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\nefaria\nefaria.co.uk\htdocs\includes\configure.php:2) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\nefaria\nefaria.co.uk\htdocs\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Ive got a similar problem on my index.php page.

Any help would be great people...

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\nefaria\nefaria.co.uk\htdocs\includes\configure.php:2) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\nefaria\nefaria.co.uk\htdocs\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

I'm still non the wiser!!! I've now copied my local files, which do not cause any errors to my server which still has the errors as described above. Could this be an issue with the server? I've deleted all white space from the files in admin and as there isn't any problems in the the main site I guess admin doesn't call any files from there.

PLEASE HELP!!! its driving me nuts

• 3 weeks later...
I'm still non the wiser!!! I've now copied my local files, which do not cause any errors to my server which still has the errors as described above. Could this be an issue with the server? I've deleted all white space from the files in admin and as there isn't any problems in the the main site I guess admin doesn't call any files from there.

PLEASE HELP!!! its driving me nuts

Sorted!!! Moved Host and no more errors!!!!

Archived