• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table Rates w/Prices Only Give First Rate

OS_Tim

I have multi vendor shipping set up with Os 2.2 and I set up a new vendor with the following table rate shipping:

25:4.95,50:6.95,100:8.95

No matter how much the order total is, the shipping rate comes in at the first rate listed: $4.95. I know it's looking in the right place because I can change the table to:

25:2.95,50:6.95,100:8.95

then refresh the shipping page, and it changes to $2.95. And yes, I have it set to "price" not "weight".

Here are my settings:

Table Rate

Enable Table Method

True

Shipping Table

Table Method

price

Handling Fee

Tax Class

--none--

Shipping Zone

--none--

Sort Order

Anybody know what the heck is going on??? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
I have multi vendor shipping set up with Os 2.2 and I set up a new vendor with the following table rate shipping:

No matter how much the order total is, the shipping rate comes in at the first rate listed: $4.95. I know it's looking in the right place because I can change the table to:

25:2.95,50:6.95,100:8.95

then refresh the shipping page, and it changes to $2.95. And yes, I have it set to "price" not "weight".

Here are my settings:

Table Rate

Enable Table Method

True

Shipping Table

Table Method

price

Handling Fee

Tax Class

--none--

Shipping Zone

--none--

Sort Order

Anybody know what the heck is going on??? Thanks in advance.

There is another problem with the Shipping Table Rate Module. It does not calculate the different rates, just goes by the first entry of each table.

There is a bug report on this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,9...pping%2BModules

But the bug report does not have a fix. It suggests making changes with paypal, but that does no good for those for us who are not using paypal.

Has anyone come up with a fix?

There is another problem with the Shipping Table Rate Module. It does not calculate the different rates, just goes by the first entry of each table.

There is a bug report on this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,9...pping%2BModules

But the bug report does not have a fix. It suggests making changes with paypal, but that does no good for those for us who are not using paypal.

Has anyone come up with a fix?

I'm having the exact same problems. I've checked tare weight and max weight shipped etc, and am not using PayPal, but shipping method always pulls the first value from the table rather than the proper price (I go by price, not weight).

If there is anything that anyone knows, please post.

Darkwing

I'm having the exact same problems. I've checked tare weight and max weight shipped etc, and am not using PayPal, but shipping method always pulls the first value from the table rather than the proper price (I go by price, not weight).

If there is anything that anyone knows, please post.

Darkwing

Ok...got it working. Here is what I did. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1446

Do not use the more robust install/uninstall (latest) contribution. Use the one where tylerhall says on Nov 3

Sorry folks, I mis-understood some details of the shipping module algorithm used in oscommerce. I did not do very good testing on the last upload and some of you have pointed out a bug where it always uses the first method no matter what you select during checkout.

I have spent some extra time comparing my work to another shipping module and testing this module as I should have done earlier to make sure I'm interfacing with oscommerce correctly.

Attached is the full zip again...

I uninstalled, reinstalled, put in my tables and it worked. Now I am going to change the text to reflect what I want it to say instead of "USA Light Packet" etc.

Hope this helps others.

Darkwing

Ok...got it working. Here is what I did. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

Do not use the more robust install/uninstall (latest) contribution. Use the one where tylerhall says on Nov 3

I uninstalled, reinstalled, put in my tables and it worked. Now I am going to change the text to reflect what I want it to say instead of "USA Light Packet" etc.

Hope this helps others.

Darkwing

I have tried to download and open both versions dated Nov 3, 2006. After I download either one and try to open them with winzip, I get an 'error reading header' and there are 0 entries.

Can you PM me the actual scripts or upload the good scripts on the contrib page in a good zip format?

Also, it looks like only one of them should be used-the one without the debug in it. Was you able to get it to work?

I have tried to download and open both versions dated Nov 3, 2006. After I download either one and try to open them with winzip, I get an 'error reading header' and there are 0 entries.

Using PowerZip I was able to unzip the tar file. But after I install the tables I have a wrose problem.

When a client goes to check out, there are no shipping options. The only thing it shows is:

'This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.'

I have uploaded both the table.php that is in modules and that is in the language file.

It looks like the install, uninstall issue that the latest contrib was suppose to fix is the problem. So I am still unable to have the shipping I need.

When a client goes to check out, there are no shipping options. The only thing it shows is:

I am using the Nov 3 Another Bugfix version

I cannot unzip

Fix for "always uses the first method" version using winzip or powerzip.

I have not changed the tables in the bugfix version for testing purposes. In other words I am using the descriptions given by tyler.

I should note that went I unzip the files there are two table files in the includes/modules/shipping folder

table.php and table.php~

The table.php when uploaded does not show the various shipping options in admin.

The table.php~ when renamed to table.php does show the various shipping options, so I am using it.

With more troubleshooting, here is the problem:

The various shipping options are shown if the price is under $50.

If the price is over $50, then I get: