• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best Solution for this issue? Help!

xpfilms

hello everyone. I have a unique situation and hope someone can lead me to the best mod or hack. We sell dvds from the USA internationally. We have usps and fedex as options. However, the usps module does not provide the option of using the flat rate global priority envelope (about $9 for less than 4lbs). So we are using the flat rate module to offer this option to selected international clients (those in countries served by the global priority program). HOWEVER, and here is my problem, I want to show this option only when clients buy 1 or 2 dvds, but if they buy more than 2, I don't want to offer this option. How could I do this.

To simplify: I want to offer a flat rate shipping fee when clients in zone x purchase 1 or 2 items but not more. Ideas anyone? Thank you. NLd.

Edited by xpfilms

You will need to modify the flat rate shipping module file to only be active when the cart quantity is set for the desired level.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

You will need to modify the flat rate shipping module file to only be active when the cart quantity is set for the desired level.

Thanks Daemonj, this sounds logical. This sounds like a simple hack but I am not that proficient at php. I took a look at the file and I'm not sure where to start:

I see the basic logic statement:

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ((int)MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_ZONE > 0) )

That asks whether it is turned on and ??? not sure what that second statment is testing, but I assume here I could add a third condition that says && (cart contains <3 items with id x). Now if I could only write that on php :-)

Any help? Thanks. NLLD