• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need to add UPS shipping, what module should I be looking for?

kdogg

There is already one in the install

Modules->Shipping->UPS

I recently installed a new copy of osCommerce, and the UPS module doesn't exist on mine. I've installed it two or three times and it is the same. I've been looking to find the "correct" UPS module to install. Here are the modules the lastest install packages includes:

Flat Rate

Per Item

Table Rate

United States Postal Service

Zone Rates

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

I'm having the same problem. The installation provided by my web host works great... except that there is no UPS module. I've checked with them to see if they had made some sort of modificatons... but they just refer me to the oscommerce site.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

jz

Of late, Oscommerce has removed the UPS module in the default install.

SeanP, I am not very sure but you have to choose United States Postal Service. Install it once and see if it suits your requirement

USPS doesnt suit anyones requirements. The service is crap. No real time tracking and god forbid they loose something. I always loved it then they would go, well, we cant really *track* it like UPS, so call back in 45 days if it's not shown up and we can start an insurance claim.

Why has the UPS module been removed? I need it lol :)

Can someone tell me how I install it then and where I get it?

I use UPS XML with MVS and it works pretty well. Installed the product tracking contribution as well for my customers benefit, they love it!

UPS XML

(although googleing "oscommerce UPS" would have given you these results . . . GOOGLE)

Anyone?

I'm pretty much ready to launch but I have no options for UPS.

There is this thing, I think it is called the internet tubes or something, and UPS has this place on it too :)

from what I have gathered you have to have an Account with UPS which needs to be varified with a credit card. I dont want to create another account. My products are drop shipped from the distributor which is right up the road from me. so I just need the shipping rates. Is there any way to get a UPS module that will do this withought an account at UPS? I was sooo excited about getting my store up I would hate to stop because of this... :(

I googled it many ways and everything I found seems to be out of date and no longer supported. Maybe thats the answer to my owne question?

• 4 weeks later...
from what I have gathered you have to have an Account with UPS which needs to be varified with a credit card. I dont want to create another account. My products are drop shipped from the distributor which is right up the road from me. so I just need the shipping rates. Is there any way to get a UPS module that will do this withought an account at UPS? I was sooo excited about getting my store up I would hate to stop because of this... :(

I googled it many ways and everything I found seems to be out of date and no longer supported. Maybe thats the answer to my owne question?

Surjer, I have the same problem. What did you end up using?

Sonia,