• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error after login

n7wwk

:'( After loging in as wholesale customer. I get

1052 - Column 'products_id' in from clause is ambiguous

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, IF(pg.customers_group_price IS NOT NULL,pg.customers_group_price, p.products_price) as products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from products p, products_description pd, specials s LEFT JOIN products_groups pg using (products_id, customers_group_id) where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id and pd.products_id = s.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and s.status = '1' and s.customers_group_id= '1' order by s.specials_date_added desc limit 10

[TEP STOP]

in the right side box then the page is normal with

My account

Shopping cart

Best Sellers

I can not locate what is causing the error, Possibly Specials.php

1052 - Column 'products_id' in from clause is ambiguous

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, IF(pg.customers_group_price IS NOT NULL,pg.customers_group_price, p.products_price) as products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from products p, products_description pd, specials s LEFT JOIN products_groups pg using (products_id, customers_group_id) where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id and pd.products_id = s.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and s.status = '1' and s.customers_group_id= '1' order by s.specials_date_added desc limit 10

Totally bizar error IMO because it should be perfectly clear for MySQL what products_id stands for in using (products_id, customers_group_id). Probably a bug in your version (I don't have it and use MySQL 5.0.21). I found a similar case so this work-around might do the trick. The query is the same, just a different syntax. Try changing it to (in catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php, after the else) to:

$random_product = tep_random_select("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, IF(pg.customers_group_price IS NOT NULL,pg.customers_group_price, p.products_price) as products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " pg on (s.products_id = pg.products_id and s.customers_group_id = pg.customers_group_id) where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id and pd.products_id = s.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' and s.customers_group_id= '".$customer_group_id."' order by s.specials_date_added desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_SPECIALS);

So the using (products_id, customers_group_id) is changed in the (longer) on (s.products_id = pg.products_id and s.customers_group_id = pg.customers_group_id).