• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

tthorpe

All of a sudden, this error message pops up when customers click on anything under "Categories":

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '23'

[TEP STOP]

I am running on MYSQL version 4.0.27 and OSCommerce 2.2-MS2

I have searched and searched ... all the information I can find is way too technical for me. I am not an experienced HTML editor, nor do I have SQL or database experience. Is there anyone out there that can take me through the fix on this in LAYMEN'S terms? I'm getting so frustrated with all of this, I spent 6 months just personalizing my site (you know, putting my logo on the front page, etc.) and finally got it working like a dream. Now, over a year later, this problem pops up. I can't update MYSQL through my server (at least not that I know of), and I tried installing the newer version of OSCommerce and putting my backed up database in it ... that was a flop! :'(

Any help at all would be much appreciated. I've seen the line-by-line fix for MYSQL 5, but not for earlier versions. Thanks a bunch for any help you can give. :huh:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of a sudden, this error message pops up when customers click on anything under "Categories":

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '23'

[TEP STOP]

I am running on MYSQL version 4.0.27 and OSCommerce 2.2-MS2

I have searched and searched ... all the information I can find is way too technical for me. I am not an experienced HTML editor, nor do I have SQL or database experience. Is there anyone out there that can take me through the fix on this in LAYMEN'S terms? I'm getting so frustrated with all of this, I spent 6 months just personalizing my site (you know, putting my logo on the front page, etc.) and finally got it working like a dream. Now, over a year later, this problem pops up. I can't update MYSQL through my server (at least not that I know of), and I tried installing the newer version of OSCommerce and putting my backed up database in it ... that was a flop! :'(

Any help at all would be much appreciated. I've seen the line-by-line fix for MYSQL 5, but not for earlier versions. Thanks a bunch for any help you can give. :huh:

I ran across this issue myself on a client website just last week.

The issue turned out to be that someone had gotten into his MySQL database and deleted the products_ID field completely from his PRODUCTS table.

I would suggest you start there by logging into your MySQL tool like phpMyAdmin and see when you click on your PRODUCTS table, if it shows PRODUCTS_ID field there.

If so, then hard to say. If it isn't there, it can be fixed but can be bit time consuming depending upon how many products you have in store since you would basically have to:

1. Recreate the PRODUCTS_ID field in database PRODUCTS table.

2. Compare how many products you already have with the PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION table to see what their products_id should be.

3. Create a query to update the products_id in the corresponding PRODUCTS table for the PRODUCTS_ID field.

OR preferably if you are backing up your MySQL database daily as I highly suggest everyone does, you may wish to consider just extracting the products tables from the backup...and overwriting the existing ones to save ALLOT of time.

Sincerely,

Bruce

19 contributions submitted

Ohhh sorry..in "laymens terms"....

It appears the PRODUCTS_ID field is missing in your database from one of several tables, most likely the PRODUCTS table is first place to search.

I would also change up your MySQL logins and passwords AND ftp access asap, as if you did not do that...then someone else did, which is not good.

Sincerely,

Bruce

19 contributions submitted

Ohhh sorry..in "laymens terms"....

It appears the PRODUCTS_ID field is missing in your database from one of several tables, most likely the PRODUCTS table is first place to search.

I would also change up your MySQL logins and passwords AND ftp access asap, as if you did not do that...then someone else did, which is not good.

I restored an old database to see if that would work ... no go. When I went out to my server, I found that they have installed mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.24 ... but my OSCommerce info still shows the 4.0 version. I've e-mailed them as well. There is no ftp access to my account, I access everything through my 3rd party server (which makes this more complicated). I'm not a programmer, nor do I know anything about scripting. I liked the OSCommerce product, and the server I chose loaded it for me (I just click a button to log in for administration functions). I believe their updates have messed my store up, but I don't know how to fix it ... do I follow the fix for the same problem for MYSQL 5??

I feel so dumb! :blush:

That's a known problem for those using mysql version 5. Are you sure of the version? Maybe your host updated since last you checked. In any event, take a look at this thread. It might help.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Not being stellar at programming, this was a hard fix for me. I finally found the bug fix (in laymen's terms) :D

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,3171

the 5th response down was very clear cut, and worked like a charm. Of course, then I had an error come up with the search function, but it was also clearly explained further down on the same page. Here are the fixes for those that might need them in the future:

First, open "index.php" in an html editor and do this:

1. If you have searched and replaced all the p.products_id = s.products_id with p2c.products_id = s.products_id and are getting the error: 1054 - Unknown column 'p2c.products_id' in 'on clause' then look for the line (NOTE: there are two lines starting with //We show them all comment you want the first one.)

// We show them all

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";

and change it to:

// We show them all

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";

2. If you are getting 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause' then replace p.products_id = s.products_id with p2c.products_id = s.products_id EXCEPT on the line specified in #1 above.

Then open "advanced_search_results.php" in an html editor and do this:

I change this code:

$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c";

with:

$from_str = "from ((" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p) left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c";

Problem Solved!!! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this info. The new code for advanced_search_results.php fixed my search.

However, I still get this same error when clicking a sub-category. I wonder how I can modify the code you posted on index.php to make this work ?

Thanks for posting this info. The new code for advanced_search_results.php fixed my search.

However, I still get this same error when clicking a sub-category. I wonder how I can modify the code you posted on index.php to make this work ?

its a php5 error

Try this

change....

p.products_id

to

p2c.products_id

and see if that works

regards

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I had the same problem. My sub catagory and search results were showing the same result. I knew that my server was upgraded. I have solved this problem by exactly following this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4654

HTH

Yogesh

Thats seems simple to follow, however as using a template and getting these errors, I have found that I dont have the code that they are stating to replace in the index.php

Any ideas?

Complete Newbie On The Learn - Not A Programmer

But Learning As I Go

Thats seems simple to follow, however as using a template and getting these errors, I have found that I dont have the code that they are stating to replace in the index.php

Any ideas?

it should be there in your index file if its a os commerce shopping cart template you may need to reupload your index.php file or try copy code into notepad and use tect fine on doc . if its in there this way should find it. (ctrl+f)

i have fixed index.php and advanced_search_results.php but my problem now is im still having troubles with manufactures links?

• 3 months later...

Thanks for all these helpful posts... I did everything as stated and it seems to work but now I get an error in the "Best Sellers" Box...

1054 - Unknown column 'p2c.products_id' in 'field list'

select distinct p2c.products_id, pd.products_name from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0 and p2c.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_ordered desc, pd.products_name limit 5

How do I get this fixed?

Not being stellar at programming, this was a hard fix for me. I finally found the bug fix (in laymen's terms) :D

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,3171

the 5th response down was very clear cut, and worked like a charm. Of course, then I had an error come up with the search function, but it was also clearly explained further down on the same page. Here are the fixes for those that might need them in the future:

Problem Solved!!! :thumbsup:

We were getting this problem today and I applied this fix and it worked perfectly!! Thanks for taking the time to post this information!! We really appreciate it!

Much Thanks,

Ash :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THIS WORKDED LIKE A CHARM. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR MESSAGES.

I spoke to soon.

I get no error messages at all and that is good. All items previously uploaded are still there.

My problem is that now whenever I click on any of the categories it displays everything that I have on catalog. It all comes up and the description and picture does not match.

What did I do wrong?

Help!!! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am having the same problems as you guys and as I have had to deal with this issue previously I found a fix which belongs to one of the OSC members or Mods I cant quite remember but here is the fix that got me up and running again.

(Before I paste it in Mods if this is a bad way of doing this my apologies please advise on how better to show the group)

[b]MySQL 5.0 Compatibility[/b]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Problem:[/b]

MySQL 5.0 introduces Server SQL modes as part of its SQL 2003 standards support, and uses a more stricter approach to executing SQL queries. This is performed by default with setting STRICT_TRANS_TABLES as a Server SQL mode.

Due to this new setting, MySQL fails on certain SQL queries and produces error messages on the screen.

Solution:

Lines 213-223 in catalog/advanced_search_result.php must be changed from:

$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c";

if ( (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') && (tep_not_null($pfrom) || tep_not_null($pto)) ) {
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_country_id')) {
$customer_country_id = STORE_COUNTRY;
$customer_zone_id = STORE_ZONE;
 }
 $from_str .= " left join " . TABLE_TAX_RATES . " tr on p.products_tax_class_id = tr.tax_class_id left join " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " gz on tr.tax_zone_id = gz.geo_zone_id and (gz.zone_country_id is null or gz.zone_country_id = '0' or gz.zone_country_id = '" . (int)$customer_country_id . "') and (gz.zone_id is null or gz.zone_id = '0' or gz.zone_id = '" . (int)$customer_zone_id . "')";
}

$where_str = " where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id ";

to:

$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id";

if ( (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') && (tep_not_null($pfrom) || tep_not_null($pto)) ) {
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_country_id')) {
$customer_country_id = STORE_COUNTRY;
$customer_zone_id = STORE_ZONE;
 }
 $from_str .= " left join " . TABLE_TAX_RATES . " tr on p.products_tax_class_id = tr.tax_class_id left join " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " gz on tr.tax_zone_id = gz.geo_zone_id and (gz.zone_country_id is null or gz.zone_country_id = '0' or gz.zone_country_id = '" . (int)$customer_country_id . "') and (gz.zone_id is null or gz.zone_id = '0' or gz.zone_id = '" . (int)$customer_zone_id . "')";
}

$from_str .= ", " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c";

$where_str = " where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id ";

The following lines must be replaced in catalog/index.php:

Line 175, from:

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";

to:

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";

Line 178, from:

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";

to:

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";

Line 184, from:

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

to:

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

Line 187, from:

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

to:

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

Line 292 in catalog/admin/categories.php must be changed from:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "',  now(), '" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

to:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "',  now(), " . (empty($product['products_date_available']) ? "null" : "'" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "'") . ", '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

The following SQL queries need to be performed:

ALTER TABLE whos_online MODIFY COLUMN last_page_url VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE customers MODIFY COLUMN customers_default_address_id INTEGER;

ALTER TABLE customers_basket MODIFY COLUMN final_price DECIMAL(15,4);

Now For your info I am running a heavily modified version of OSC ms 2.2 which has a template wrapped around OSC so if it works for me it should work for you.

ATTENTION ALL.. Back-up everything before you fully commit just in case there is a mistake in your methods or other inconsistency's

e.g.

catalog/admin/categories.bak

Note: Respect to the person who wrote this code fix :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have got also the same error but couldn't fix the problem yet.

I tried to replace the file /httpdocs/index.php and /httpdocs/advanced_search_result.php with the files from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4654 but that didn't help.

Is this the right place to change? This because I have 14 index.php files. I saw also a post that I have to change it in the map /catalog/index.php but I don't have a index.php file there.

I have them in:

/httpdocs/index.php

/httpdocs/admin/index.php

/httpdocs/admin/includes/languages/dutch/index.php

/httpdocs/admin/includes/languages/english/index.php

/httpdocs/catalog/admin/index.php

/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/languages/dutch/index.php

/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/index.php

/httpdocs/catalog/includes/languages/dutch/index.php

/httpdocs/catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

/httpdocs/includes/languages/dutch/index.php

/httpdocs/includes/languages/english/index.php