• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Admin products paging

jordi

Hi I have just installed the new v4 of your contribution and am getting christiansees problem re: MySQL error 1064. Under MySQL 4.1.22-max-log

How can it be fixed?

Sorry I'm sure its a good contrib, just not used it yet ;)

P.S. I only have a few categories / products at the mo (only 5 cats, about 200 products). Could that be a problem, hope I have given enough information.

Edited by scottybwoy

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to install the contribution until I saw this thread :P

If someone could write some instructions for shops that are heavily modded as well as sort out the bugs reported by Zdep ACB then I'm sure this would be a great and very practical contribution.

I just hope the developers are still supporting it... anyone out there?!

• 9 months later...
Hi I am getting the same SQL error. How can I solve this?

I just installed this wonderful contribution. I am using a heavily modded shop, not just the user frontend, but the admin section as well. The "categories.php" file itself has suffered a lot of modifications and I couldn't simply replace it with the new one, but had to use a file compare program and add only the new code.

Last version by dr_lucas, Admin Products Paging v.4.0, works splendidly. I did a test replacing my old categories.php file with the new one provided in the package and it works flawlessly. None of the bugs I've read about in this thread exist, such as the "Page couter doesn't work correctly for first record on any next page". No idea why, but for me it worked with no problems.

Now back to the use of the contribution. I tested the new "categories.php" file provided by dr_lucas and everything's great. Problem is, I use a modded "categories.php" and I must 'add' the contribution onto the old file.

1. Use a file-compare program. I used WinMerge which is a free software. You can get it from http://winmerge.org/

2. Compare the 2 "categories.php" using the program. See what you must add to your old file from the new code, and where.

After I've done the above steps, I uploaded the "categories.php" resulted. Got the SQL error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 30' at line 1

limit 0, 30

[TEP STOP]

Upon comparing the files again, I realized my mistake was to oversee the line at around 857 (new categories.php from the contrib) vs. line 890 (my old categories.php). By mistake, I thought it's the same variable. But it's not. This is why I was getting the SQL error. The old variable $products_query was defined differently than the new one, which used an intermediate $prod_sql variable.

Fixed this and lo and behold, everything works perfectly now for my shop admin.

• 4 weeks later...
I just installed this wonderful contribution. I am using a heavily modded shop, not just the user frontend, but the admin section as well. The "categories.php" file itself has suffered a lot of modifications and I couldn't simply replace it with the new one, but had to use a file compare program and add only the new code.

Last version by dr_lucas, Admin Products Paging v.4.0, works splendidly. I did a test replacing my old categories.php file with the new one provided in the package and it works flawlessly. None of the bugs I've read about in this thread exist, such as the "Page couter doesn't work correctly for first record on any next page". No idea why, but for me it worked with no problems.

Now back to the use of the contribution. I tested the new "categories.php" file provided by dr_lucas and everything's great. Problem is, I use a modded "categories.php" and I must 'add' the contribution onto the old file.

1. Use a file-compare program. I used WinMerge which is a free software. You can get it from http://winmerge.org/

2. Compare the 2 "categories.php" using the program. See what you must add to your old file from the new code, and where.

After I've done the above steps, I uploaded the "categories.php" resulted. Got the SQL error.

Upon comparing the files again, I realized my mistake was to oversee the line at around 857 (new categories.php from the contrib) vs. line 890 (my old categories.php). By mistake, I thought it's the same variable. But it's not. This is why I was getting the SQL error. The old variable $products_query was defined differently than the new one, which used an intermediate $prod_sql variable.

Fixed this and lo and behold, everything works perfectly now for my shop admin.

Hello.

Could you please explain exactly what you did to fix this error? I'm getting the same error and I have my categories.php modified so I can't find the way to fix this properly.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this problem.

Patty

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fabulous contribution, many thanks to the author.

However I'm experiencing problems with move and copy functions.

Delete and Edit are working fine though.... :huh:

I was using V.4 and that didn't do the trick for me.

Today I downloaded V.5 and used winmerge to integrate the contribution and almost everything is working now.

I have a heavily modified categories.php and I'll have to work out some small stuff, but great contribution all together.

Saves me a lot time, thanks so much!!

• 4 weeks later...

:)

You all are very welcome.

• 2 months later...
Hi all...

New version 2.2 is released...

You can find it at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1965

For any problems or suggestions, please post it here... thanks.

Hi there master

i have issue in ADMIN PRODUCT PAGING... i have no idea about phpadmin.... is it is possible give me a *.SQL (exported from your own) that i can import in my phpadmin

i appreciate you in advance

Y! ID: to.neda

• 1 month later...

a remedy for those whom had problem in EDITING (not copying) the searched products after using this two-edged-sword contribution... dont hit the roof... i have no code editing to solve the bug (fault addressing) but i have a trick that can help lots...

there is an add-on that will add a Fast Edit button to products listed in admin section... if you add that button then you can easily click on edit option and then in goes to editing page (instead of going to first page in normal)

you just search "Fast edit" and sure you'll find that pretty easy code (installation just takes about 1 min) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Edited by arash.najafi