• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Testimonials v1.0

Rezolles_Net

This is a great contribution, however I do have some concern over the security of allowing visitors to upload files. Could they not just upload anything and then access it by pointing their browser to uploads directory? Think a malicious script or an image that wasn't really an image but a virus? Maybe I'd just being paranoid but I'd really like to hear you all's thoughts on this?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lads,

Im new to this, I got someone else to design my site, but now i want to add customer testimonials, i need step by step instructions please can someone help ? i managed to add the store details to the contact page but im stuck on this !!

• 1 month later...

ss_testimonial.jpg

somebody can help me ?

how to remove corner_left.gif and corner_right_left.gif from testimonial

this 2 picture is standard picture from osCommerce

someone have problem like me ?

please help...!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded and installed Customer Testimonials (CT) v4 yesterday and all the functions seem to work. I also used Winmerge to compare the the files between the New Files vs. Modified Files folder and there were no real changes; however you will need to copy the "button_submit" from the Modified Filed folder. I do have questions regarding the formatting of the CTv4 module. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

1. Where do I go to change text such as “We’re interesting in hearing you opinion …” or “Submit Your Testimonial?” I went through all the 11 new/modified files and also the the files in the /includes/languages/english folders however did not find anything?

2. Where do I go to change the widths of the testimonial boxes/section? It currently pushes/squeezes both the left and right columns. I tried manually changing the "td width'X" but it's still off.

3. Does the CTv4 continue as one long page w/ all the testimonials or can/does it separate after a specific number of testimonials? I've already tried 11 and it's all on one page.

I downloaded and installed Customer Testimonials (CT) v4 yesterday and all the functions seem to work. I also used Winmerge to compare the the files between the New Files vs. Modified Files folder and there were no real changes; however you will need to copy the "button_submit" from the Modified Filed folder. I do have questions regarding the formatting of the CTv4 module. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

1. Where do I go to change text such as “We’re interesting in hearing you opinion …” or “Submit Your Testimonial?” I went through all the 11 new/modified files and also the the files in the /includes/languages/english folders however did not find anything?

2. Where do I go to change the widths of the testimonial boxes/section? It currently pushes/squeezes both the left and right columns. I tried manually changing the "td width'X" but it's still off.

3. Does the CTv4 continue as one long page w/ all the testimonials or can/does it separate after a specific number of testimonials? I've already tried 11 and it's all on one page.

1. Have you tried editing the includes/languages/*YOUR LANGUAGE*/customer_testimonials.php file?
  2. Have you tried to edit the includes/modules/customer_testimonials.php file?
  3. This code has not been implemented as of yet.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

1. Have you tried editing the includes/languages/*YOUR LANGUAGE*/customer_testimonials.php file?
  2. Have you tried to edit the includes/modules/customer_testimonials.php file?
  3. This code has not been implemented as of yet.

1. My fault ... I was looking at all the modified files and somehow overlooked all the new files. I thought I looked at them but obviously I didn't. I got it now.

2. I tried editing the "widths" however I still have the same issue. What are the specific lines in which I should focus on?

3. OK

I think I finally figured out #2 ... Go to /boxes/customer_testimonials.php > Go to line 20 "$testimonial = substr($random_testimonial['testimonials_html_text'], 0, X);" where X = the desired pixel width. You will also need to add <td></td> and specify the width in the customer_testimonials.php and customer_testimonials_write.php in the catalog directory for the correct spacing.

Hi,

thanks for a great contrib!!!! i love it and so do my customers being able to upload pics of using the stuff i sell :)

is there any way to delete the Click to email the author option?? or could someone point me in the right direction for deleting it :)

thanks

Thanks for this great contrib, just installed v2.1 would this be sufficient for security reasons?

Apologies if this has been already answered but it is confusing as there are different contribs already mentioned in this topic ie customer testimonials v3 + etc

Also is it possible to email the admin when someone has submitted a testimonial?

Many thanks

Regards,

Clive

This is an update to my last post on 6/17; X = is the number of characters to display is the testimonial box NOT the box pixel width. You will still need to add the <td></td> & change the <td width=X%> to the desired %. I've included an example below.

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table>

</td>

<td width="12"></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="56%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

Could someone please tell me how to remove the Click to email the author option please?

I am currently using version 5 of the contribution.

Thanks in advance

Ken Wilson

My version works in all 2.2 versions including RC2a.

My version works in all 2.2 versions including RC2a.

Hi Bill any idea why the SQL database throws this error on a default OSC store when your Customer Testimonials v4.0 bkellum 14 Feb 2009 is installed?

Error
SQL query: 
#
# Add new configuration setting for Testimonial image size
#
INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order ) 
VALUES (

'Customers tesimonials image width', 'C_TESTI_W', '120', 'Set Customers tesimonials image width', '4', '999'
);

MySQL said:  

#1364 - Field 'date_added' doesn't have a default value 

Regards

George

Hi Bill any idea why the SQL database throws this error on a default OSC store when your Customer Testimonials v4.0 bkellum 14 Feb 2009 is installed?

Error
SQL query: 
#
# Add new configuration setting for Testimonial image size
#
INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order ) 
VALUES (

'Customers tesimonials image width', 'C_TESTI_W', '120', 'Set Customers tesimonials image width', '4', '999'
);

MySQL said: 

#1364 - Field 'date_added' doesn't have a default value 

Regards

George

George,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

FYI: I just ran a new test using a default osC RC2a and Customer Testimonials 4 and did not have any issues at all.

Be sure you ran the correct SQL file (one is for those who are upgrading from an earlier version of Customer Testimonials while the other SQL file is for a new installation).

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

To fix the issue I had previously (getting image width to display in the admin panel under configuration/images/) I added the date_added value into the testimonials.sql like so:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added)
VALUES ('Customers tesimonials image width', 'C_TESTI_W', '120', 'Set Customers tesimonials image width', '4', '999', '2009-08-17 14:09:30');

For the life of me I do not know why I had to do it. I tried created a new database, installed fresh copy of OSC and I still hit the error. The only way around it was to add the date_added manually in the testimonials.sql file.

Does anyone know why this was the case? Have I fixed the problem, side stepped the problem or is it a (nor here nor there) / (one of those things) I encountered.

PS: Bill thanks for taking the time to respond.

Regards

George

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine installed v4 of this mod and has been having some issues. It worked fine until she made the first testimonial. Now the buttons on the testimonial manager do not work. Nothing happens when you click the buttons or flags. I went back and checked her installation and everything looks fine. I validated the html and it says there is an error in the action command. Any Ideas.

Thanks

Rob

Hi all,

Just a heads up for those that are using customer testimonials and a grahical borders contribution in a fixed width layout. It skewers the right column and pushes it out to wrap around.

To correct this I ammended the default content box it uses to none.

Code can be found around line 65 in \includes\modules\customer_testimonials.php

}
   new contentBox($info_box_contents);
?>

Hope it helps someone.

George

Edited by gaaalmp

Since version 4, I don't know see the reason for the two v5 updates.

Version 4 is not open to a SQL injection and there is nothing to correct in customer_testimonials "Corrected box catalog/includes/boxes/customer_testimonials.php" as suggested in v5 and v5.1.

The other two contributions above v4 are useful Flash options.

I hope this helps remove some of the confusion. :blink: :blink:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine installed v4 of this mod and has been having some issues. It worked fine until she made the first testimonial. Now the buttons on the testimonial manager do not work. Nothing happens when you click the buttons or flags. I went back and checked her installation and everything looks fine. I validated the html and it says there is an error in the action command. Any Ideas.

Thanks

Rob

Rob,

Try reinstalling the program and check your database to make sure the SQL modifications are there. You can view a temporary demo site at soundsgoodpro dot com/custtest4

I added a testimonial from the admin to begin the customer testimonial page and then I added a testimonial from the front end with no issues.

The demo site is based on a clean osC RC2a and Customer Testimonials v4.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Thanks Bill,

I've tried everything. Could be something done by another mod she made. I checked another mod and it was doing the same thing. Everything works in the front end and the first testimonial shows in the admin. The page just dies from there. Anything I push basically just refreshes the page with no change and no error messages. I am going to double check the DB now and see if there are any problems.