• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] *TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR

TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML Editor V1.0

*TinyMCE WYSIWYG EDITOR

This contribution is an extremly easy mod that turns any TEXTAREA into a full flegged WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR.

Best of all, its compatible with FireFox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It uses the TinyMCE Editor by Moxycode.

None of the other HTML editors would work with FireFox. I use Firefox religiously and have seen a few requests in the forums for this mod so I set out to do it myself

This contrib can be used in product description, newsletters, emails or any other page in admin that uses a TEXTAREA field

The editor is fully configurable to include the features you want, or exclude the feature you will not use. Its also Themeable!!!!!

Pleas post any question you may have in this thread.

Eric-

Great job on this contribution- I've heard a lot of great things about TinyMCE and it's awesome to have such an easy to use add-on like this for osC.

Also, sorry for hijacking your thread to support other contributions! It shouldn't happen again... :D

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This contribution is an extremly easy mod that turns any TEXTAREA into a full flegged WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR.

Best of all, its compatible with FireFox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very easy mod to install but for the life of me I can't get it to work :'(

My install looks as follows:

<bluenotemkvi edit - removed password protected image>

And then:

<bluenotemkvi edit - removed password protected image>

I have also modified catalog/admin/newsletters.php as a test file but no luck.

Any help would be great,

Raymond

Edited by BlueNoteMKVI

Thanks for this awesome and easy to install contribution.

Everything works fine, except when I use html, no one receives the email or newsletter. The email/newsletter gets received instantly when I use only simple text.

Help please....

Thanks,

May

Thanks for this awesome and easy to install contribution.

Everything works fine, except when I use html, no one receives the email or newsletter. The email/newsletter gets received instantly when I use only simple text.

Help please....

Thanks,

May

Hi, just installed this contribution, and it works just fine, except one problem:

1. I have a pictureslideshow for each product in my product description field in admin. When I edit this field now, the javascript does no longer work, Is there a way to fix this or do I have to uninstall the tinyMCE? I need the slideshow in this infofield to work. Or can I have javascriptcode in the textareafields with the new version of tinyMCE?

2. Also wonder if it is possible to set the editor to true or false in admin? I saw a fix for this, but this included a change in the file admin/includes/header.php, but with this version here, this file is not implemented, so could not make it work.

Thanks.

Also

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

The editor works fine, but won't send mails out in html mode. My mail.php may seems not to be configured to do that. I saw the description here how to do it, but it doesn't work for me, because these tag are not available in my version. I think my mail.php is quite old. Any idea?

First off, I just want to say thanks for the great contribution! I'll be using it for all my sites in the future.

My problem is that I have bought and installed the mcImage Manager, but when I add an image into the content, it shows up fine in the editor but displays a broken image in the actual product page. The reason for this , of course, is that it is looking for /tiny_mce, where is should be /admin/tiny_mce.

So does anyone know if there is a fix to this problem?

Problem with send email

when I copy the image from my website and paste into the send email page (in WYSIWYG style):

eg. http://shashinki.com/shop/images/imagecache/EP-P5000.jpg

it automatically change it to:

../shop/images/imagecache/EP-P5000.jpg

Receipant will receive the email with broken link of the images :(

How to correct this?

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

First off, I just want to say thanks for the great contribution! I'll be using it for all my sites in the future.

My problem is that I have bought and installed the mcImage Manager, but when I add an image into the content, it shows up fine in the editor but displays a broken image in the actual product page. The reason for this , of course, is that it is looking for /tiny_mce, where is should be /admin/tiny_mce.

So does anyone know if there is a fix to this problem?

Ok, well I found the answer.

Basically you need to use the relative_urls option as seen here. Set this to false and everything should work fine.

This might also be a better solution to the emotions plugin than copying them to the catalog folder. I haven't tried it out yet, so no guarantees :)

• 2 weeks later...

great contrib - i was having problems with fck hopefully this will work better.

i have meta tags controller installed and under product description i also have 3 other text areas for the title keyword and page description, now they are all using tinymce. how do i make sure only the box i wnt recieve the tinyMCE enhancment ?

many thanks for any help.

currently using OSC2.2MS2 051113 with the following contributions:

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

can any one tell me why posting this description :

All rounder, this machine is built for power and is capable of all the demanding tasks you can throw at it, from power hungry image manipulation software to video editing to the latest games and off course it will chew its way blazingly fast through all your office chores.<br />
-perfect for the enthusiast who will have a go at all aspects of todays computing fields.<br />
<br />
<span id="lb_global_content">- Socket AM2 for AMD? Athlon? 64 X2/ Athlon? 64/ Sempron?<br />
- VIA? K8M890 + VIA? VT8237R Plus<br />
- 2000 / 1600 MT/s<br />
- Integrated VIA DeltaChrome GPU, Support Microsoft? DX9<br />
- Dual-channel DDR2<br />
- 1 x PCI Express x16<br />
- 1 x PCI Express x1<br />
- 2 x PCI<br />
- 2 *IDE ,2 x SATA<br />
- 10/100 LAN<br />
- AC' 97 6-Channel audio<br />
<br />
</span>
<div align="right"><a href="java script:void(window.open('http://www.#############.co.uk/popups/zaxperforma_spec.htm','Performa Motherboard Specifications','resizable=yes,location=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,status=no,toolbar=no,ful
lscreen=no,dependent=no,width=450,height=500,left=50,top=50'))"><strong><font size="3"><span id="lb_global_content">Motherboard Specifications</span></font></strong></a><br />
<span id="lb_global_content"></span></div>
<span id="lb_global_content"> </span>
<div align="center"><font size="3"><span id="lb_global_content"><strong>Please Scroll Down To Select And Configure Your Machine</strong></span></font><br />
<span id="lb_global_content"></span></div>
<span id="lb_global_content"> <br />
<br />
</span>

is causing access forbidden message , like this :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/categories.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.#################.co.uk Port 80

with out this description, and with just plain text or simple tags , i cant get this page to pass me pressing the update button

again, any help will be just great.

AJAX Attributemanager 2.1 - All_products 4.4 - Banner manager 1.5b - banner hack picture in manager * description in product listing hack ms2 v2.4 * drop shadow boxes v.1.1 * Easy populater 2.76d-ms2 by surfalot * FCKEditor * header tag controller v2.5.9 * jcssmenu * LoginBox 5.6 * option type feature v1.71 * OSC-Cach-v1.1 * popup_imagecleaned_stilized_2 * Remove from cart button hack * scrolling bestsellers * Article manager1.4 * Links Manager v1.14. * proffessional invoice&packingslip 6.1 * Ultimate SEO URLs

Personaly i think all these features NEED to be in the main core as they are quite basic features that are missing. but then again what do i know?

is causing access forbidden message , like this :

with out this description, and with just plain text or simple tags , i cant get this page to pass me pressing the update button

sounds like you host is using Modsecurity on the server with a generic SQL injection filter. Check with your host on this error. (really) They should be able to make an exception for /admin/categories.php

Edited by surfalot

sounds like you host is using Modsecurity on the server with a generic SQL injection filter. Check with your host on this error. (really) They should be able to make an exception for /admin/categories.php

thanks for the quick reply - i have no clue what you are talking about - i am as green as they come - can you be more specific as to what is exactly going on and more important what exactly do i need to ask them to do ?

i have contacted them first - since after i changed file permissions - i thought maybe i am doing something wrong, they said it is to do with OScommerce and they cant support it. so if i can get back to them with a specific request it would have more chances of success.

Also, if its to fo with my host , why is it that it passes the update with just plain text ?

many thanks for any info you can share.

Edited by zaxxon

thanks for the quick reply - i have no clue what you are talking about - i am as green as they come - can you be more specific as to what is exactly going on and more important what exactly do i need to ask them to do ?

i have contacted them first - since after i changed file permissions - i thought maybe i am doing something wrong, they said it is to do with OScommerce and they cant support it. so if i can get back to them with a specific request it would have more chances of success.

Also, if its to fo with my host , why is it that it passes the update with just plain text ?

many thanks for any info you can share.

tell them exacly what I said above. If you account has access to that file, and the permissions are correct, then your problem is with Modsecurity. Ask to talk with someone that's not a complete moron. If you don't get any futher with that info I provided above, move to a host that supports osCommerce. (seriously).

Again, if you account has access to that file, and the permissions are correct, then your problem is with Modsecurity. "Forbidden" is a SERVER problem, not osCommerce.

it doesn't pass with the complex description because the generic SQL injection filter in Modsecurity is catching the more complex product description and thinks you are trying to pass a SQL injection query. If you don't know what SQL injection attacks are google it. I set this up on my servers and have had the same problem. They need to add an exeption for /admin/categories.php as I said above. (they should know what I'm talking about, even if you don't)

i have meta tags controller installed and under product description i also have 3 other text areas for the title keyword and page description, now they are all using tinymce. how do i make sure only the box i wnt recieve the tinyMCE enhancment ?

I would also like to know this. I don't want my products description field to use tinymce, though it is ok for all other fields. Reason for this is that I have s picturesslide in the products description field that is not working with tinymce.

Please help with this anyone :-)

Thanks,

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

I installed this contribution, but I can't seem to get it to work in the Safari browser. It works in Firefox, but I prefer to use Safari (Mac) because I know it well. Any ideas on how to make it compatible with Safari?

I would highly suggest looking over the website for TinyMCE. This contribution is simply a simple implementation of another project for use in osCommerce. You should find everything you need there.

I would highly suggest looking over the website for TinyMCE. This contribution is simply a simple implementation of another project for use in osCommerce. You should find everything you need there.

Yes, thank you for the link! I poked around a little, and it seems that it is not fully implemented in Safari yet. I will use Firefox for WYSIWYG editing until Safari compatibility is 100%.

Hey Zaxxon,

Give this a try. Let me know if you come right:

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/tinymce/docs/...r_selector.html

• 2 weeks later...

Is Javascript turned off in your browser? That would obviously be a problem. Apart from that I can't see why it just wouldn't show up.

If that doesn't work post the changes you have made to categories.php in your admin folder. Maybe we can see what the problem is by looking at that.

Take a look at these:

TinyFCK

1. 1

and

TinyMCPUK

I have installed both, but still has some minor adjustments to make them run perfectly. Maybe someone else would give it a try and we could manage to put a installation guide together?

Vidar

Here ya go

1 Download the latest version of TinyMCPUK unzip it to a temp folder

2 Open tiny_mce.js look for relative_urls",true replace true with false save it

3 Create folder admin/includes/javascript/tiny_mce copy the folders and files of tiny_mce in the just created folder

4 Create folder UserFiles in the root of your shop give it a triple 7 rights in that folder create the folders Image, Flash and File with again triple 777 rights

5 Add the code below in the html area (after the ?>) of your admin/includes/header.php

<!-- TinyMCE -->
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/javascript/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
tinyMCE.init({
	mode : "textareas",
	theme : "advanced",
	plugins : "table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zo
om,flash,searchreplace,print,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,contextm
enu",
	theme_advanced_buttons1_add_before : "save,newdocument,separator",
	theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect",
	theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,insertdate,inserttime,preview,zoom,separator,forecolor,backcolor,l
iststyle",
	theme_advanced_buttons2_add_before: "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator",
	theme_advanced_buttons3_add_before : "tablecontrols,separator",
	theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "emotions,iespell,flash,advhr,separator,print,separator,ltr,rtl,separator,ful
lscreen",
	theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
	theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
	theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
	plugin_insertdate_dateFormat : "%Y-%m-%d",
	plugin_insertdate_timeFormat : "%H:%M:%S",
	extended_valid_elements : "hr[class|width|size|noshade]",
	file_browser_callback : "fileBrowserCallBack",
	paste_use_dialog : false,
	theme_advanced_resizing : true,
	theme_advanced_resize_horizontal : false,
	theme_advanced_link_targets : "_something=My somthing;_something2=My somthing2;_something3=My somthing3;",
	apply_source_formatting : true
});
function fileBrowserCallBack(field_name, url, type, win) {
	var connector = "../../filemanager/browser.html?Connector=connectors/php/connector.php";
	var enableAutoTypeSelection = true;

var cType;
	tinymcpuk_field = field_name;
	tinymcpuk = win;

switch (type) {
		case "image":
			cType = "Image";
			break;
		case "flash":
			cType = "Flash";
			break;
		case "file":