• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Best Froogle (etc) feeder contrib.

itinerant baker

I'm after something to add feeds for things like Froogle, Bizrate etc and I'ld like to know what people's opinions and experiences of the various contribs are. I'ld like something that's fairly flexible as I'ld also be interested in getting feeds to things like Ciao and any others that come up in the future. I'ld also like something that's as automated as possible (though that's not a deal breaker.)

I've currently got Easy Populate installed, and that already has some Froogle capabilities, but I'm not sure if it's possible to extend it to cover others.

Also any general hints and tips about these shopping search sites - anyone been badly burnt by them?

I'm using Feed Machine as basis for my feeds - it's excellent. Having said that, I'd only recommend it for use by developers who know PHP & MySQL ... the Feed Machine works best as a blueprint which you then customise for your site - not as plug'n'play. Terra

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,feed+machine

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

That was the one that I liked the look of the most, due to it's flexibility and automation. How much actual coding is required and of what level? I'm no php expert, but I don't mind having a bash at it if it's straightforward.

For Froogle it's not that hard - you just need to modify what fields you want. If you're happy to have a go, I'd recomend it - it's really good. It doesn't contain an FTP function, but you can easily add this yourself.

Somewhere at the top add:

/* define Google Base Account details */
$ftp_server = 'uploads.google.com';
$ftp_user_name = ''; // Google FTP username
$ftp_user_pass = ''; // Google FTP password

And before require('includes/application_bottom.php'); add:

////////////////////// FTP - START  /////////////////////////////

function ftp_file( $ftpservername, $ftpusername, $ftppassword, $ftpsourcefile, $ftpdestinationfile ) {
// set up basic connection
$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftpservername);
if ( $conn_id == false ) {
echo '<br><br>FTP open connection failed to ' .  $ftpservername . '<br><br><br>';
return false;
}

// login with username and password
$login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftpusername, $ftppassword);

// check connection
if ((!$conn_id) || (!$login_result)) {
echo '<br><br>FTP connection has failed!<br>Attempted to connect to ' . $ftpservername . ' for user ' . $ftpusername . '<br><br><br>';
return false;
}

// turn passive mode ON
ftp_pasv ( $conn_id, true );

// upload the file
$upload = ftp_put( $conn_id, $ftpdestinationfile, $ftpsourcefile, FTP_ASCII );

// check upload status
if (!$upload) {
echo '<br><br>' . $ftpservername . ': FTP upload has failed!<br><br><br>';
return false;
} 

// close the FTP stream
ftp_close($conn_id);

return true;
}

If (!$fwrite) {
	header("Location: feeder.php?action=error_fwrite"); // CUSTOMISE THIS FOR YOUR ERROR HANDLING
} else {

//Start FTP to Froogle
ftp_file( $ftp_server, $ftp_user_name, $ftp_user_pass, $file, $froogle_feed['filename']); // CUSTOMISE FOR YOUR VARIABLE NAMES!!

if (!ftp_file) {
  exit;
  } else {
  header("Location: feeder.php?action=success"); // CUSTOMISE THIS FOR YOUR SCRIPT
  }
}

NB: my script contains a bit of custom error handling .. change as necessary for your own way of doing things! Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

There is only one file - but you will need to amend my code as I've heavily modified it. Terra

but you will need to amend my code as I've heavily modified it.

Cheers, that's sort of what I meant. :rolleyes:

Didn't realise there was only the 2 files in the package when I posted that as I hadn't opened it up. I've now installed it for a try out (as it's pretty independant of the rest of OSC and should be easy to uninstall if I don't get on with it.) It looks useful, and I like the fact it's configurable for other feeds, but it also looks to be on the boundary of my coding skills, and I wouldn't recomend it to anyone who's not comfortable having a hack - though if you are you should be able to get a lot of millage from it!