• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi vendor + region based pricing.

Hi!

I have just installed MVS 1.1 thinking it would solve all my problems but it seems to have caused a couple.

On my shop I had a mod installed so that shipping would not be allowed if the customers address was outside a region and they would be offered a quote option, the problem is, this mod hasnt transfered over to the MVS shipping / payment sections.

Can this be done with MVS?

O.

This is annoying, why cant I just copy the module which I had working on the standard OSCommerce from the shipping folder to the vendors_shipping folder and install the module there??

O.

Hi!

Thanks, I have now installed this mod which gives me the quote option but on the standard setup before, I had an area selection mod.

If the customers delivery address was within an area e.g. Fife, then the company would deliver the product, if it was outside Fife then a quote would need to be requested.

Can anyone help?

O.

Hmmm... I just use tax zones... I have zones set up for the various different suppliers' delivery areas, such as UK, England and Wales, Mainland UK, Highlands and Islands etc, then for each of those, I have an "everywhere except" zone... not very elegant, but it works.

I am not familiar with your area selection mod, but if it worked with the standard version, maybe it can be adapted to work with MVS.

Edited by Maggilove

Im currently trying to use the Zones rates for shipping.

I have set up 2 tax zones, yes and no.

Yes is that we will delivery to these zones and no is for people who require to get quotes.

In the yes I have Perth & Kinross, Fife, and Dundee, in the No I will be putting everything else.

In the manage section of the admin panel I have installed Zone Rates,

for Zone 1 Countries I have put in FIFE, PERT, DUND which is the short hand for the 3 zones we want to allow payment but when I go to the shop it says we do not deliver in this area and that they must request a quote.

Can anyone help please.

O.

Sorry Owain, been a busy few days.... I had a quick look at the contribution you mentioned and it uses tax zones.

The zones module won't work with county codes. You need to use the table rate module, and select your "yes" zone from the drop down list in the shipping zone box. Then set your "no" zone as the shipping zone for RFQ.

:)

BINGO! Thanks! Just need to put each "zone" in to the no section one by one, but once its done everything is going to work perfectly :)

Thank you very much for your help!

O.