• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Local Delivery Charge and Free Pick Up Option

I have a few questions about shipping.

1. How can I set up a local delivery option only for customers within a 25 mile radius?. ($25 charge and $4 handling fee) Is there a module for this?

2. How can I allow customers to have a free option to pick up items from a store location?

3. Can you change the order of the UPS shipping options with the least expensive first?

Thank you

I'm looking for the instructions for that type of mod as well. I'll post back if I get it before someone else.

So far it appears that we would need to add a zone for that local 25 mile radius and I think the extra four digit zip in my case might work but still checking with usps.com to make sure.

Then add a shipping method for self-pickup or free delivery for that zone. (Free shipping is what I'm trying to offer to locals)

Currently I'm offering discounts equal to the shipping charge on their next purchase.

I known the zone is determined by the customer's shipping address, but how to structure for a group of zipcodes is beyond my skills.

Oscommerce comes with zones for states need to add zones for zips within states. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

I have a few questions about shipping.

1. How can I set up a local delivery option only for customers within a 25 mile radius?. ($25 charge and $4 handling fee) Is there a module for this?

2. How can I allow customers to have a free option to pick up items from a store location?

3. Can you change the order of the UPS shipping options with the least expensive first?

Thank you

1. You could use the zipcode ship contibution. However, if you are like me it's not limiting enough to the 25 mile radius. Zip Ship

2. There is pickup shipping contributions, one is "Store Pickup Shipping Module" Store Pickup

Still working on number 3.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I downloaded this file - just what I am looking for - however I didn't see a read me. Do I just upload the files?

I just uploaded a patch which includes Installation Instructions. To complete the installation just copy the default_folder to your oscommerce store. If you get an error that could mean you've made considerable mods to the store, but no worries, I have a 2nd install file that will work.

If you need any help let me know. Just a quick note, you can charge the buyer up to $3.50 per $100 of insurance and pay only .70c per $100 - There is no set up or monthly fees and the insurance company will bill you directly.

Also, there is no registration form to complete. Just install and your activated. You will be able to view transactions by visiting www.shipsensation.com

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5789