• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After a year in business any suggestions

monito

First of all, you seem to have a huge collection of coffees on offer but... it's not well structured. As a first time visitor I would like to have more guidance on all the different coffees. If you click on something you get a long list of varieties and in the end I would buy one I randomly clicked on instead of the one that is exactly my taste.

I'm not a coffee expert. Not even a regular coffee drinker. It looks fascinating how many varieties you can have with coffee, almost like different teas. Anyway, the flavoured coffees are nothing for me. Especially with the image of a cake instead of the coffee beans. Doesn't grab me.

The shipping estimator is useless as it is out of sight. I accidentally found it when I looked for the shipping page. You can select all the countries in the world but there is no rate for Ireland. The shipping page tells me I have to contact you for the rates. Sorry, but this is too much hassle to buy some coffee. Overall the shipping estimator gives the impression that you will deliver to my country but you loose my interest in your shop with the negative result when entering my country.

You have a lot of information in the descriptions and there seems to be a point system for rating the coffees. I'm not familiar with this so I would like to be able to have some infor about this above the product list. I just randomly click on a coffee with a high figure.

What I'm missing is a first glance info about where you might be located. Geisha sounds like Japan. I saw Panama mentioned in a coffee description. Now I'm looking for more info and that takes too much time. It should be obvious. "Your coffee roaster in XXX" or something like that.

After reading your about us page, I think with the stock osC look you are missing your target group: coffee gourmets or people who consider these types of coffee essential for their lifestyle, which is certainly not connected with a quickly made logo, repeating images for different coffee blends and cartoonish images (remnants from the stock osC).

I seriously think you are missing your target group by having created a site that is hard to navigate and which doesn't look classy.

There are lots more little things you should look into like the counter in the footer, the mixture of fonts (comic sans is not attracting someone living on the 21 floor in Manhattan).

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Archived