• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Group Access Question

ptrau

I have searched this forum for the answer, but it is a huge thread. Before I install this mod I would like to ask, "how does this contribution restrict access to the special pricing for the different groups"? Does each group have an access code or password to see the appropriate pricing? Does the admin have to assign each new member to a specific group manually?

We have a consumer site where the owner wants to offer special pricing to it's 35,000 employees. If we have to manage the access to groups manually, it will be a nightmare. The simple thing would be just to offer discount coupons, but noooo, they want special pricing not... discounts. They also don't want to pay for a separate employee site.

So, could someone please explain to me how customers are assigned to groups. And how is group access managed?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

"Aliiiiive, it's alive, it's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!"