• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attribute Clone Tool

FuzzyBubblewrap

Hello all,

I'm starting this thread because of a contribution I created. I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

Production Activation Clone Tool

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ns,4550/page,42

It's simple, the description is on the other page. I had a need and filled it. I run a tshirt shop and to click add 8 times per item was killing me. So here it is a product attribute clone tool. un-gzip it in your admin directory and look at your products attribute page, at the bottom you should have a new field to play with.

It's all pretty self explainatory.

Any questions or feature suggestions please let me hear them

-Fuz

• 6 months later...

Excellent Contrib!!! :thumbsup:

Saves me a world of trouble. I had 44 items to duplicate with an additional 46 attributes to add to each product. All the attribute choices, prices and sort order needed to remain the same. This made it so simple to do.

Many, many Kudos for your work.

• 7 months later...

This is Just the tool I need although I'm getting an error......

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: link_get_variable() in /home/sites/pocketchalker.co.uk/public_html/shop/admin/products_attributes.php on line 18

Lines 16-21

// >>> BEGIN REGISTER_GLOBALS

// These variables are accessed directly rather than through $HTTP_GET_VARS or $_GET later in this script

link_get_variable('option_page');

link_get_variable('value_page');

link_get_variable('attribute_page');

// <<< END REGISTER_GLOBALS

I have to say, I'm a total newbie when it comes to contribs and OSC....It was installed for me by my host and everything works pretty well...actually pretty flawless. I saw this simple contrib and got really excited but I'm getting this error and have no idea where to look to make the correction or 'attempt' to make a correction....

Yes, I've backed everything up first...(made that mistake one too many times) Now I just need a little guidance on where I might look to fix this problem.

Thanks

Doug

doug ( at ) pocketchalker. co. uk

or

Skype and Yahoo at: PocketChalker

Thanks again

Doug Montgomery

Ul. Rymarska 4

64-920 Poland

Stroke em' Dont Poke em'

This is Just the tool I need although I'm getting an error......

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: link_get_variable() in /home/sites/pocketchalker.co.uk/public_html/shop/admin/products_attributes.php on line 18

Lines 16-21

// >>> BEGIN REGISTER_GLOBALS

// These variables are accessed directly rather than through $HTTP_GET_VARS or $_GET later in this script

link_get_variable('option_page');

link_get_variable('value_page');

link_get_variable('attribute_page');

// <<< END REGISTER_GLOBALS

I have to say, I'm a total newbie when it comes to contribs and OSC....It was installed for me by my host and everything works pretty well...actually pretty flawless. I saw this simple contrib and got really excited but I'm getting this error and have no idea where to look to make the correction or 'attempt' to make a correction....

Yes, I've backed everything up first...(made that mistake one too many times) Now I just need a little guidance on where I might look to fix this problem.

Thanks

Doug

doug ( at ) pocketchalker. co. uk

or

Skype and Yahoo at: PocketChalker

Thanks again

Help anyone?

Bump

Doug Montgomery

Ul. Rymarska 4

64-920 Poland

Stroke em' Dont Poke em'

• 3 weeks later...
does anyone know how to fix it? i have the same problem

I figured out the problem I was having...maybe it will work for you...Download not the 'latest' version, but the previous version...If I remember correctly(i haven't looked back at it) the latest version is a fix if you have a different contrib installed also....I think it references a this different contrib in the download. Just go back and get the previous one.

Hope this helps

Doug

Doug Montgomery

Ul. Rymarska 4

64-920 Poland

Stroke em' Dont Poke em'

• 5 months later...

Hi Fuz

I just installed your great timesaving contrib, but find it falls short in one area.

Maybe you have a workaround ?

My product attributes are sizes for clothing, and have a sort order so they will display S, M , L , XL or S/M , M/L , XL etc (Product Attributes Sort Order - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1822)

The Product attribute clone tool does a great job at copying the actual sizes but not the order they sort in, so I end up with them in a wierd order like XL, M, S, L.

Any idea how I can get the cloner to copy the sort order info as well ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !

bing bong

miki

• 1 year later...

hi Fuz,

i installed the version 1 of this clone tool and it worked perfect for copying the attributes....

but once id created an attribute it wouldnt allow me to delete it if i no longer need that attribute (top right part of the attributs page)

any ideas why it will allow the attribute to be created and inserted but not deleted?

regards, steve