• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Feedback for LoginLogos.com...

majinfaisal

My site has been up around about a week now, but i would like to see what other users think of it and what areas can be improved I.E. What the loading times are like and overall 'look and feel' of the site.

The site is, LoginLogos, currently paypal is the only payment system i have setup, as i do not have ssl installed as of yet, although no credit card details/Home addresses/phone numbers as such are being stored through the site and all payment criteria are setup on paypal. MY host does offer me a free shared ssl but is dead slow as is expected since its shared between many users.

Anyways have a look through the site and please let me know on things you like, things you dont like and where i can improve my site in certain areas, whilst i try and sort proper seo on my site :blush:

okay can i just say, since you are trying to sell logos to companies, i'd suggest working on your logo a little more. it doesn't 'WOW' me. i'd want to be wowed if i were going to spend 70 pound on a logo.

The design is way to messy and unclear, i would not even consider browsing around this site and last of all buy a logo from this site!

My advice is to do a total makover, eighter make a more subdued professional design or make a truly WOW design site....

perhaps you should also make the background colour and the colour of your store different

eg. Stylesheet.css

BODY {

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

would emphasis your site in my opinion

OK design issues noted, how about overall functionality issues??

.. well the Purchase Without Account is a good start but your site is too wide, add a fixed width contribution too.

The 'II' partioners in the header navigation are truly awful and black is making it look dull, make better use of the header area especially logo.

Good Luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

From what i have gathered so far, basically i need to work on the WOW factor as mentioned above, i tried to go for the simple look but for the market im in its probably the wrong thing to go for.

So colour scheme must go??

Header must be redesigned??

Boxes need to stand out more??

Background color should be added - this i will do for sure

Home page must be redesigned - this i was planning on doing anyways

Remove the right column and stick all boxes on the left column only??

Buttons must be revamped - again something i know i need to do

Make the page headers stand out more??

Thanks for the feedback so far, i really need to make the site more professional from what i have gathered so far it is lacking in this department.

Could i get some feedback on the loading times of the design images, thumbnailed and enlarged please, and what about security flaws that anyone notices that i may have missed?

The Design has been REDONE!!!!!!!! except the home page which i am still working on, there are some little bits and bits that need tidying and the opera browser doesnt like my sites width setting and the right column goes completely over the border. So could i receive some more creative criticism, thanks.

www.loginlogos.com

Anyone think it is a good idea to install the skip checkout_shipping and checkout_payment function as i only have paypal as the single payment option??

Im not too sure what to change on the category layout, the background color? I would like some more functionality feedback also thanks.

Ok i replaced the buttons, i kinda like this setup more than previous but i want more reviews on this!!! Category Counts good or no good?? Does not seem to slow down the site too much as i have read around the forums.

Im a bit baffled on what to do on the home page, ive replaced the previous ugly box with maybe another potentially ugly box lol, you decide!! Any ideas on how to make the ...perfect home page?? The new box displays the regular 'more attractive' cheaper price for each logo rather than the more expensive custom design prices. Anyways i await some more feedback and criticism on my site, preferably more on the checkout pages now. Thanks for all comments

It's marked improvement on the first one but you must check it out in firefox... it's a mess! You really need to fix that.

Also, I'm not sure your products will fetch the sort of price you're asking for when people can run a search engine query and just download images to make logos and headers.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hmm thats weird, since ive been doing all my testing on firefox and looks perfectly fine, its opera which is causing some issues - which bits on firefox look out of shape to be exact? And my home page isnt finalised yet... incase your wondering why there isnt much changes to it

Its arguable that my prices will fetch the what im asking or not, i guess prices can always be changed if i get no sales after a while...then again i dont expect any sales until a search engine can atl east find my site, because atm they arent.!

Thanks for the replies again

Hmm thats weird, since ive been doing all my testing on firefox and looks perfectly fine, its opera which is causing some issues - which bits on firefox look out of shape to be exact? And my home page isnt finalised yet... incase your wondering why there isnt much changes to it

Its arguable that my prices will fetch the what im asking or not, i guess prices can always be changed if i get no sales after a while...then again i dont expect any sales until a search engine can atl east find my site, because atm they arent.!

Thanks for the replies again

don't know which fixed width contribution you use but your right column is all over the place and your pages are still too wide for 1024.

You cookies settings are wrong

when you offer options like customization then you better explain what that means, what am I buying when I order a logo with option unique + customized for an additional 74.33 euros

I see no address and no phone number anywhere.

on pwa you state that company info is not required, it seems to be though

Treasurer MFC

Thanks for the comments, im considering changing my pricing options totally and only having 1 fixed price (exclusive ownership), people are getting confused with 4 options lol.

I just tested the company info bit in the checkout pages and create account section and it seems to skip it fine, where did you experience this problem?. Do i really need an address or phone number if i am solely an online business effectively working from home atm? Which browser are you using to cause the right column to 'explode', i know this effect is happening in opera atm, i will try to fix this for opera users but am confused as to why its happening at all when it works on other browsers.

Hmm ignore anything on the home page for now as thats getting totally revamped anyways as it doesnt make much sense, consider it as a space filler. But the support bit was meant to be for people editing their own logos purchased and if something goes wrong in the transaction of getting the design, they not happy with the purchase etc etc , but as i mentioned above its not worded greatly so ignore it for now.

What do i need to do to fix cookie settings? Ive not looked into that at all? But i think there is an issue with it, cos i just tried to buy something through pwa, stopped and emptied the basket and i couldnt create a new account because my acount page to me to an empty shopping basket, so im guessing this is a cookies issues. How do i fix this? thanks for pointing this out!

I used the fixed width contribution that sets the width in the style sheet (ive forgotten the name of the contribution, must be fixed width something lol!) I have set it to 1000px, seems to fit everything nicely on a 1024 screen when i looked at it with IE and firefox, really annoying when some browsers show one thing and other browsers look totally different!!

Ok i fixed the right column behaviour in opera and possibly fixed the issues that everyone else was having also, can anyone confirm this?

Ive double checked the pwa company problem you had and i cant seem to encounter it, did you make sure you entered the kaptcha code correctly?

Ok i fixed the right column behaviour in opera and possibly fixed the issues that everyone else was having also, can anyone confirm this?

Ive double checked the pwa company problem you had and i cant seem to encounter it, did you make sure you entered the kaptcha code correctly?

your right column is still off in your shopping cart page.

as is your middle column by the way.

This is IE7 and its not good.

Company name seems to be required in pwa checkout obviously.

You do not need an address and phonenumber but I assure you that not many people will purchase without it.

cookie settings are set in your configure.php file.

if you emptied your basket then obviously you wil be redirected to an empty basket when you try to checkout so I don't follow your error analysis.

Yes, browsers tend to render stuff slightly differently, get used to it as it is not going away.

Treasurer MFC

Warning: main(includes/languages/german.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/loginlog/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 284

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/german.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/loginlog/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 284

you haven't deleted your unused languages?

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived