• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Coupon Not Getting Applied After Payment

cpayne1

So I have a coupon code set-up and just had a customer use it. Well everything looked to be OK except when using the PayPal Gateway for payment the customer was charged the same amount as if NO coupon was applied on his Visa.

However if you look in the OSCommerce Admin interface it shows it as applied. Log on to PayPal and it shows it as the full amount. I had to manually refund this customers $10.00

We are using the OSCommerce PayPalPro V 1.7 from Zenatdesign.com

So I have a coupon code set-up and just had a customer use it. Well everything looked to be OK except when using the PayPal Gateway for payment the customer was charged the same amount as if NO coupon was applied on his Visa.

However if you look in the OSCommerce Admin interface it shows it as applied. Log on to PayPal and it shows it as the full amount. I had to manually refund this customers $10.00

We are using the OSCommerce PayPalPro V 1.7 from Zenatdesign.com

I "might" have found the solution here:

http://paypalprodemo.forumsplace.com/message33.html

I "might" have found the solution here:

http://paypalprodemo.forumsplace.com/message33.html

Getting this error now from PayPal:

There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again. - Error - Order Failed - LONGMESSAGE=This transaction has been completed, but the total of items in the cart did not match the total of all items. - ERRORCODE=15008

Getting this error now from PayPal:

There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again. - Error - Order Failed - LONGMESSAGE=This transaction has been completed, but the total of items in the cart did not match the total of all items. - ERRORCODE=15008

This bug should have been fixed in Version 1.7...working w/ Hunter at Zenat Design to confirm.

This bug should have been fixed in Version 1.7...working w/ Hunter at Zenat Design to confirm.

I'm having the same problem...any update on this yet? I'm such a newbie it's not even funny, so I'd appreciate any help I can get. The site was pretty much designed by someone else and dropped in my lap.

I'm having the same problem...any update on this yet? I'm such a newbie it's not even funny, so I'd appreciate any help I can get. The site was pretty much designed by someone else and dropped in my lap.

I meant to say I'm having the same problem as the original post. The discounted total shows up in the shopping cart, but once the customer is sent to the paypal site to complete the purchase, the original total is displayed.

• 2 weeks later...

In trying to use "Easy Coupon" & "Easy Discount" contributions with Paypal Website Payments Pro, the coupon discount shows during the checkout but doesn't get carried over to the Paypal total.

I have searched and searched and found this as a possible solution but not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Change checkout_process.php. The before_process of the payment modules was being called before calling the order totals modules. I don't think this should cause any side effects, but if anyone else sees a problem with this, feel free to chime in.

In checkout_process.php, change:

CODE

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

to:

CODE

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

The only problem is that when I checkout using a credit card, I get an error:

"(10520) The transaction was refused because the amount totals of the order do not match. Review the amounts of the transaction and resubmit."

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks again

~Mark