Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ezfindit

PHPSUEXEC - Configuration Help

My hosting company plans to update my server to use PHPSUEXEC for all php calls. This HostGator forum link provides additional detail: http://forums.hostgator.com/showthread.php?t=8822

I have a heavily customized osCommerce installation at our site http://www.NewhallStation.com and I am very concerned since it seems there will be problems once PHPSUEXEC is turned on.

Can anyone provide some guidance on what to watch out for and maybe step by step instructions on what modications need to be done (what files, folers, etc.) and also some sample php.ini files that may be needed. I am very concerned this will break my site and cause problems.

Any help and ideas will be GREATLY appreciated. My hosting company has not notified other resellers when their accounts were updated so this can come crashing down any day.

Please help!

Chris

Chris

There is nothing to worry about with the change. It is actually a good thing. You need to watch when installing contributions though becaus quite a few will say to set the permissions to 777. Don't do that. Set them to 755. Also, you don't have to move the code from .htaccess to php.ini, although there is nothing wrong with doing that. If you leave it in the .haccess file, simply place it within

IfModule mod_php4.c> 

</IfModule>

Jack

There is nothing to worry about with the change. It is actually a good thing. You need to watch when installing contributions though becaus quite a few will say to set the permissions to 777. Don't do that. Set them to 755. Also, you don't have to move the code from .htaccess to php.ini, although there is nothing wrong with doing that. If you leave it in the .haccess file, simply place it within
IfModule mod_php4.c> 

</IfModule>

Jack

Thanks Jack! I'll follow your recommendations. I don't believe any folders are set to 777 (usually I go with 755 or 644) but I'll keep an eye out just in case.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Chris