• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Store Feeds Contribution

mushindo

i know this is going to sound very lame but does anyone have the signin/up URLs for MSN,yahoo etc

google was easy to find but my serach talents are letting me down this morning <_<

TA

Si.

ok Ive found MSN one at https://adcenter.microsoft.com/ sorry no thats the wrong one i think

Edited by scranmer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed this and tried to run Bizrate feed. Site is hosted on a shared server at StartLogic. Am getting these errors:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/[path to .txt file in /feeds]) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/[username]/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/var/tmp:/home/vdeck/tmp/:/usr/local/bin/mogrify:/usr/local/bin/convert:/usr/sbin/sendmail) in /home/[user name]/public_html/catalog/admin/bizrate.php on line 282

Warning: fopen(/ecommerce/os/catalog/feeds/shopzillafeed.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/[user name]/public_html/catalog/admin/bizrate.php on line 282

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/[user name]/public_html/catalog/admin/bizrate.php on line 283

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/[user name]/public_html/catalog/admin/bizrate.php on line 284

FTP open connection failed to ftp.bizrate.com

Not sure what to do next. Suggestions welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I was hoping one of you could help me.

I have Ultimate SEO URL contribution, and i was wondering how could we make the feed show up with the modifyed URL,

I belive it will really help with the froogle ranking as the product will seem more relevent.

I hope you can help me,

Best

Yossi

For some reason when I tried running a feed today I got this error:

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://grunionmoto.com/product_info.php?language=en&currency=USD&products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://grunionmoto.com/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND products.products_status != 0 AND products.products_price != 0 AND products.products_price != '' AND products_description.language_id = '1' AND products_description.language_id = '1' AND categories_description.language_id = '1' ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

I dont remember changing anything.... I found someone else with this error but I do not know how to find and modify my sql. Anyone have any suggestions they can offer?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just installed Automatic Store Feeder V3.3 onto osc rc2a.

Well I run store feed i am getting the following error:

File completed: froogle_us_file.txt

Connected to uploads.google.com, for user simon_mobile604

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: php_connect_nonb() failed: Connection timed out (110) in /home/simon/public_html/develop/admin/froogle_us.php on line 497

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: Type set to A. in /home/simon/public_html/develop/admin/froogle_us.php on line 497

uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 48.705497 seconds.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Hello,

i`ve installed this contrib but i get this error if I click on Froogle_de (in the Store Feeds).

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/httpd/vhosts/mediab-limburg.de/httpdocs/admin/froogle_de.php:1) in /home/httpd/vhosts/mediab-limburg.de/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

File completed: froogle.txt

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ftp_connect() in /home/httpd/vhosts/mediab-limburg.de/httpdocs/admin/froogle_de.php on line 466

What I`ve done wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

After installing this cintribution it sends the Feeds to Froogle via FTP fine, however, running the Deutsch Froogle file doesnt create any entries in the file, why would this happen?

Also, Froogle keeps telling me that my froogle_us.php and UK file contain errors due to the fact that I am using attributes that are no longer supported. Does anyone else have this problem, I think the files need to be updated to use the new attributes, but I dont know how to do this.

• 3 weeks later...
For some reason when I tried running a feed today I got this error:

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://grunionmoto.com/product_info.php?language=en&currency=USD&products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://grunionmoto.com/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND products.products_status != 0 AND products.products_price != 0 AND products.products_price != '' AND products_description.language_id = '1' AND products_description.language_id = '1' AND categories_description.language_id = '1' ORDER BY products.products_id ASC

I dont remember changing anything.... I found someone else with this error but I do not know how to find and modify my sql. Anyone have any suggestions they can offer?

I'm getting this same error on every feed I run. I've installed according to directins, created logins and FTP accounts / directories as required - run through the many updates and sql updates. Failing the ability to get this working is there a simple uninstall option somewhere?

Hi,

After installing this cintribution it sends the Feeds to Froogle via FTP fine, however, running the Deutsch Froogle file doesnt create any entries in the file, why would this happen?

Also, Froogle keeps telling me that my froogle_us.php and UK file contain errors due to the fact that I am using attributes that are no longer supported. Does anyone else have this problem, I think the files need to be updated to use the new attributes, but I dont know how to do this.

I'm having the same issues. I was able to get the US feed to work fine but UK and DE throw bad header and attribute errors. I compared the php files and they are the same - so no clue why US works but UK and Germany do not. It would appear this contribution is no longer supported or updated which sucks - it's a much needed one.

I tried disabling the various attributes UK and DE base complained about by setting option "0" in the advanced configuration section. This worked but then I started seeing errors about "too many tabs" in header......

The google base application for uploading feeds is also broken and no longer functions.

I've decided to see if I can get the RSS feed contribution to work as a Google base feeder. Google base seems to support RSS and RSS 2.0 now, apparently.

Thanks for the help infotech, I look forward to hearing about how the RSS feed goes. I believe froogle operates in other countries too (other than UK, US and DE) these are things we really are failing to take advantage of with the current contribution.

Currently the majority of my sales come from Froogle and I really do need this contribution. Its basically a fastrack to the top of google, it's surprising that only a few businesses really take advantage of it. It is a shame that it appears that this contribution and similar are no longer supported it really could have been great, however, getting these contributions to work - let alone getting some discussion going as to whether there is a way to SEO our froogle feeds is out of the question due to the lack of support.

I hope you manage to get some progress with the RSS feed contribution, let me know how it goes!

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

Please help!

I installed the contribution however I'm trying to download the file locally instead of send it to google via FTP, I want to upload it at goggle as a manual feed.

When I right click on the run feed for Froogle US, I get the file download screen but after a few seconds I get the following error:

Internet explorer cannot download from MYSITE.com

the file could not be written to the cache.

Any ideas or a suggestion on what I need to do to download the file locally to be able to modify it if needed.

In advance thanks for any help I can get.

• 1 month later...
I'm having the same issues. I was able to get the US feed to work fine but UK and DE throw bad header and attribute errors. I compared the php files and they are the same - so no clue why US works but UK and Germany do not. It would appear this contribution is no longer supported or updated which sucks - it's a much needed one.

I tried disabling the various attributes UK and DE base complained about by setting option "0" in the advanced configuration section. This worked but then I started seeing errors about "too many tabs" in header......

The google base application for uploading feeds is also broken and no longer functions.

I've decided to see if I can get the RSS feed contribution to work as a Google base feeder. Google base seems to support RSS and RSS 2.0 now, apparently.

Hi

I was just wondering if you had managed to progess any further with your adaptation of the RSS feed contribution to work with Froogle?

Thanks!

Ben

hi every1

i am new to oscommerce but i have learnd lot frm community support.

firstable thanks for the Automatic Store Feeds.

i have installed store feeds v3.3, as far as i am concern i have followd the instruction but wen i log in to my admin section and tri to "run feed" it shows an error..

File completed: froogle_uk_file.txt

Fatal error: Call to undefined function ftp_connect() in /home/buyersislauk/public_html/admin/froogle_uk.php on line 461

froogle_uk.php on line 461 its showing: $conn_id = ftp_connect($ftpservername);

i hav an account wit foogle nd yahoo.

can any1 kindly help me

thanks in advance

mab

Hello ,

i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or a hand in getting this to work ?

i have got it to work to the point , that it goes from my site to google base , but google base does not insert it and gives me errors

Failed

Data feed upload failed. No items are live.

sorry for the long post. i upgraded to lastest version of Automatic store feed 3.3b , any advice is welcome in the past we have paid out people to get this working and they have left us with a version that did not work..

any advice is welcome.

We didn't understand the header (first) row of your file. Please make sure you're using valid attribute names. help ship_to

This attribute is no longer supported. Please use a supported attribute. help language

We didn't understand the header (first) row of your file. Please make sure you're using valid attribute names. help model

This attribute is no longer supported. Please use a supported attribute. help instock

This attribute is no longer supported. Please use a supported attribute. help label

We recommend including this attribute. help upc

We recommend including this attribute. help mpn

We recommend including this attribute. help isbn

We recommend including this attribute. help image link

We recommend including this attribute. help brand

We didn't understand this location. help location:Address of the items's location here

The item is missing a required attribute. help description

We didn't understand this location. help location:Address of the items's location here

You provide nothing for the attribute. help description:

I went and changed some settings and i have managed to get the items to load into google base , some of my products dont have descriptions , is there a way i can upload with having to put in a description ? or do all items need descriptions?

thanks

again sorry about the big post.

Edited by toefinger

I went and changed some settings and i have managed to get the items to load into google base , some of my products dont have descriptions , is there a way i can upload with having to put in a description ? or do all items need descriptions?

thanks

again sorry about the big post.

Toefinger, I received the same error today aswell.

Here's what mine said:

We did not understand the header (first) row of your file. Please make sure that you are using valid attribute names. help ship_to

This attribute is no longer supported. Please use a supported attribute. help language

We did not understand the header (first) row of your file. Please make sure that you are using valid attribute names. help model

This attribute is no longer supported. Please use a supported attribute. help instock

This attribute is no longer supported. Please use a supported attribute. help label

We recommend including this attribute. help mpn

We recommend including this attribute. help isbn

We recommend including this attribute. help ean

We recommend including this attribute. help brand

We did not understand this location. help location:Address of the items's location here

We did not understand this location. help location:Address of the items's location here

Toefinger, I received the same error today aswell.

Here's what mine said:

Hey ,

i will try and help you , if you go into the froogle_uk.php or what ever one your using

and edit the lines ..

$location = 1;

$default_location = "CITY, COUNTY, COUNTRY"; // Addresses should be formatted as: street, city, state, postal code, country. Each location element should be separated by a comma.

and change the words CITY , COUNTY , COUNTRY to where ever you are so for example if you lived in london

it would read

$location = 1;

$default_location = "London, L1 8jp, UK"; // Addresses should be formatted as: street, city, state, postal code, country. Each location element should be separated by a comma.

hope that helps...

Hey ,

i will try and help you , if you go into the froogle_uk.php or what ever one your using

and edit the lines ..

$location = 1;

$default_location = "CITY, COUNTY, COUNTRY"; // Addresses should be formatted as: street, city, state, postal code, country. Each location element should be separated by a comma.

and change the words CITY , COUNTY , COUNTRY to where ever you are so for example if you lived in london

it would read

$location = 1;

$default_location = "London, L1 8jp, UK"; // Addresses should be formatted as: street, city, state, postal code, country. Each location element should be separated by a comma.

hope that helps...

Hi Toefinger, thanks for the response.

I've looked through the froogle_uk_file.txt but couldn't find any similar code, where abouts it the file located?

Thanks!

Hi

Currently on my site the quantity for all items is 0. Google have informed me that for my feed of products to be approved the quantity needs to be higher than 0. Is there a way to edit this contribution so that it populates Googles Quantity field with a number (ie. 10) ?

Thanks,

Ben

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi Mushindo,

Thanks for this contribution. It works well for me.

I've slightly modified it to run on a shop for Google Base US and for Google Base UK, with the required currencies and it works perfectly for me.

Now I'd love to make a feed for Google DE, since this shop is also in German. But the description indeed needs to be in German.

Would you know how to modify the code to pick up the descriptions in another language?

It could also be integrated into the next version of this contribution. Ideally a few variab les could be added at the beginning of the file (like it is presently done for the currency), e.g.:

$other_language = true; // Use another language than the default one. Default = false

$language = "de"; // Use that language if $other_language is true.

Thanks,

-Ben

Hello ben

I saw that ur contribution worked fine...i am getting an error could please tell me where i went wrong

: SQL error Unknown column 'products.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'| sql = SELECT concat( 'http://www.sportsuk.co.cc/product_info.php?language=en&currency=USD&products_id=' ,products.products_id) AS product_url, products_model AS prodModel, products_weight, manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName, manufacturers.manufacturers_id, products.products_id AS id, products_description.products_name AS name, products_description.products_description AS description, products.products_quantity AS quantity, products.products_status AS prodStatus, FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * 1,2) AS price, CONCAT( 'http://www.sportsuk.co.cc/images/' ,products.products_image) AS image_url, products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID, categories.parent_id AS catParentID, categories_description.categories_name AS catName FROM categories, categories_description, products, products_description, products_to_categories left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id ) left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) ) WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id AND products.products_status != 0 AND products.products_price != 0 AND products.products_price != '' AND products_description.language_id = '1' AND products_description.language_id = '1' AND categories_description.language_id = '1' ORDER BY products.products_id ASC 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the great contribution.

After reading this thread I was able to successfully install this contribution to my store and every thing works perfect.

My problem is that I have java code after every description that I will like to leave out.

Example

Description

Maid 4 You costume includes a mini lace trimmed apron with back tie closure matching high thigh style lace panty lace choker lace wristlets and lace garter.

Size: Free Size Material: 100% Polyamide Fiber Colors: Black/White.

Java code >> begin

var win= null; function NewWindow(mypage myname w h scroll){ var winl = (screen.width-w)/2; var wint = (screen.height-h)/2; var settings =\'height=\'+h+\' \'; settings +=\'width=\'+w+\' \'; settings +=\'top=\'+wint+\' \'; settings +=\'left=\'+winl+\' \'; settings +=\'scrollbars=no\'; settings +=\'resizable=no\'; win=window.open(mypage myname settings); if(parseInt(navigator.appVersion) > = 4){win.window.focus();} } Size Chart

java code. >> End

I am a novice I will like to modify froogle_us.php so it does not add the java code to

Description any help will be really appreciated.

BTW I am using:

Add additional text to title, description and url in your feeds by - azcustomshirts - 19 Jul 2007

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4455

Thanks in advance

Aly Mirza

Just use Automated Store Feeds v3.3b this will slove your problem

****Automated Store Feeds v3.3b***

Updated SQL to work with MySQL 5.x.

Just needed some extra parenthesis around FROM statements.

Package only includes changed files.

Your sever is MYSQL 5x v3.3b will take care of that

• 1 month later...

hi,

i would like to install this contributiuon, however before i even start i can see that the contributions have been messed up,

the majority of the latter versions only contain update PHP files, none contain installation scripts or sql updates

i wish everyone would ensure that full packages are included....

a question to anyone that has succesfuly installed this contrib.

which file is the starting point that will then allow me to install the latest updates (3.3b) + the yahoo fixes afterwards

thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello Jim,

The add-on is installed very well and I have seen the right feed.txt on my website.

After add this feed on google base, I find these problems:

1. when I choose schedule, I do not know when it is ok for google to proceed although I have added the feed for 24 hours.

2. I use the Manual:upload file but it shows Disapproved and no further error indication.

The file I get is just copy all the content on www.xxx.com/feed.txt and save it to a new document named feed.txt

Thanks!

Alex