• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Automatic Store Feeds Contribution

mushindo

Mines also been running fine using v3.2a although i cannot automatically send the feed atleast it created the files for manually ftping. The new version provides more compatibility incase we get blocked for not complying..

Cheers benspun..

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just had the following come up:

Warning: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /homepages/xxxxxx/htdocs/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 400

Any ideas? Should i be worried?

Richard

Hi There,

Great contrib, but was wondering if anybody can help me. I'm trying to update the froogle_uk file to post the model field as well. But I have no idea where to start. If anybody could help I would really appreciate it

cheers

Dave

Hi There,

Great contrib, but was wondering if anybody can help me. I'm trying to update the froogle_uk file to post the model field as well. But I have no idea where to start. If anybody could help I would really appreciate it

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

That's very easy to do, especially because the Model is already displayed under the field "label" (but with the product name, not alone), so there is not even the need to change the SQL query.

Here are the instructions on how to do it:

To update the Google feeds to include the "model" field as well, using the "product_model" field of the database:

in /admin/froogle_??.php, after line 82:

$product_type = 1;

add:

$product_model = 1;

----

after lines 300-301:

if($product_type == 1)

$output .= "\t product_type ";

add:

if($product_model == 1)

$output .= "\t model ";

if($currency == 1)

----

after lines 419-423:

if($product_type == 1)

{

$catNameTemp = strtolower($catName);

$output .= " \t " . $row->catName;

}

add:

if($product_model == 1)

$output .= " \t " . $row->prodModel;

--------

That's it!

Since others might also want to use thise feature (and I don't think that it could be detrimental to use it in any way, even if the the model field is empty), I'll include this modification in the version 3.3a that I'll upload in a few minutes.

-Ben

So, as said in the previous message, I have released the Automated Store Feeds v3.3a:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4455

The only modification is a small enhancement of the Google Base feeds, to include the "model" field as well (using the "product_model" field of the database).

No further modifications.

That's an optional update.

For those having already this contribution installed, you'd only need to copy (overwrite) the files /catalog/admin/froogle_??.php to update.

-Ben

So, as said in the previous message, I have released the Automated Store Feeds v3.3a:

The only modification is a small enhancement of the Google Base feeds, to include the "model" field as well (using the "product_model" field of the database).

For those having already this contribution installed, you'd only need to copy (overwrite) the files /catalog/admin/froogle_??.php to update.

-Ben

Fantastic,

Thankyou for your quick responce and upgrade to the contrib, if only all where this quick. Your a life saver :-)

cheers

-Ben

Fantastic,

Thankyou for your quick responce and upgrade to the contrib, if only all where this quick. Your a life saver :-)

cheers

-Ben

Fantastic,

Thankyou for your quick response and upgrade to the contrib, if only all where this quick. Your a life saver :-)

cheers

dave

Hi

Just had the following come up:

Warning: gethostbyaddr() [function.gethostbyaddr]: Address is not a valid IPv4 or IPv6 address in /homepages/xxxxxx/htdocs/catalog/admin/whos_online.php on line 400

Any ideas? Should i be worried?

Richard

I take it that is a No on the above then <_<

Another problem i am having is that all my products on Bidhopper are showing $0.00 prices. Anyone got a fix for it. Also can it be shown in £ or not?

Cheers Richard

I take it that is a No on the above then <_<

Another problem i am having is that all my products on Bidhopper are showing $0.00 prices. Anyone got a fix for it. Also can it be shown in £ or not?

Cheers Richard

Hi Richard,

If your website is spiceworld.uk.com (got this by Googling for "spiceworld") then the cause of your problem is because your have only Pounds as a available currency. You need to add the US Dollar currency.

Bid Hopper is a website from the US, therefore accepts only prices in US Dollars. (The feed doesn't specify a curreny, it only specifies a number, which Bidhopper takes as an amount in US Dollars.)

The latest version of the Bidhopper feed generator (which they call, in fact, Dynalist Generator) automatically takes the US Dollar prices. Since they don't exist in your store, a price of 0.00$ appears.

Regards,

-Ben Martin

hey ppl

hope some on here can help me..everything is up and running.. feed gets submited to google and then i get an error message from google site After they processed my feed

We did not understand this location. - help Address of the items's location here on line2 .There is list of them on google site and they echo the same message.

Does any body know what this is.

Thanks for all your help

I have used the Froggle feeder for a few months without any problems, however after updating my site with new product the froogle feed will not run, after about 2 minutes I get a back can not be displayed error, is this something I have done wrond or can it be fixed?

daniel

hey ppl

hope some on here can help me..everything is up and running.. feed gets submited to google and then i get an error message from google site After they processed my feed

We did not understand this location. - help Address of the items's location here on line2 .There is list of them on google site and they echo the same message.

Does any body know what this is.

Thanks for all your help

Hi nafri,

Look at your feed file, in the directory /feeds . There will quite probably be an error in it, at the "location" of your items.

If you don't find it, post a few lines of your file here and we will try to help.

Regards,

-Ben Martin

I have used the Froggle feeder for a few months without any problems, however after updating my site with new product the froogle feed will not run, after about 2 minutes I get a back can not be displayed error, is this something I have done wrond or can it be fixed?

daniel

Hi Daniel,

Have a look at your feed file generated in your directory /feeds. That will give us more information about the problem you're having.

Is your file there, is it incomplete, etc.? If your file is incomplete, look at which product it stopped to work - you might have a problem there.

Post your feed file here if you don't find the cause of your problem.

Regards,

-Ben Martin

Hi nafri,

Look at your feed file, in the directory /feeds . There will quite probably be an error in it, at the "location" of your items.

If you don't find it, post a few lines of your file here and we will try to help.

Regards,

-Ben Martin

Hi Ben thanks for getting back to me.i had a look at both files and they both have a column with heading location and for each item it says Address of the items's location here.

the files i looked at where froogle_uk_file.txt and FROOGLE_UK_FTP_FILENAME.

Many thanks

Hello All!

I have just installed the feeder, and the upload to Google works great. My problem arises after that, because once Google processes it, it says that I have too many errors. My question is: is it something that I am doing wrong, or is it the feeder?

This is what I got from Google.

"Bulk upload failed. No items are live. There are too many formatting errors in your file.

We didn't understand the header (first) row of your file. Please make sure that there is one attribute name for each column, and that you are using valid attribute names.

This attribute was not correctly defined. Please check the formatting in the header (first) row.

link title description expiration_date label price image_link id instock shipping brand quantity payment_accepted payment_notes tax_percent tax_region product_type currency language ship_to condition location

1"

Here is the first few lines of my output file:

link title description expiration_date label price image_link id instock shipping brand quantity payment_accepted payment_notes tax_percent tax_region product_type currency language ship_to condition location

http://cellgiant.com/product_info.php?lang...;products_id=28 Audiovox 5600 Premium Leather Case High quality genuine leather Thick and durable for longevity Flexible and conforming Double stitched for strength Internal mesh padding to protect against drops Belt clip and wrist strap Screen protection on all cases 2007-06-16 Audiovox 5600 Premium Leather Case,5600,Audiovox 8.99 http://cellgiant.com/images/leathercase.jpg 28us Y US:Ground:3.95,CA:Ground:3.95,UK:Ground:3.30,DE:Ground:0,AT:Ground:3.30,IE:Groun

d:3.30,CH:Ground:3.30,DK:Ground:3.30,PL:Ground:3.30,FR:Ground:3.30 Audiovox 1 Visa,MasterCard,AmericanExpress,Discover,check,WireTransfer,PayPal We also accept payments by PayPal and by Bank Transfer. 7 Florida Leather Cases USD en ALL new Address of the items's location here

http://cellgiant.com/product_info.php?lang...;products_id=33 Kroo Pouch Red Stripes The Kroo-Pouch is the perfect accessory for the woman on the go. This portable handbag is fashionable and fits all small cellular phones. The Kroo-Pouch can also be used to hold a wide variety of every day accessories. The hand strap snaps on and off for easy access. The flexible texture of the pouch will protect your phone from scratches. 2007-06-16 Kroo Pouch Red Stripes,Cases,Universal 11.99 http://cellgiant.com/images/blk-red-strip.jpg 33us Y US:Ground:3.95,CA:Ground:3.95,UK:Ground:3.30,DE:Ground:0,AT:Ground:3.30,IE:Groun

d:3.30,CH:Ground:3.30,DK:Ground:3.30,PL:Ground:3.30,FR:Ground:3.30 Universal 1

Please Help!

Hi, thanks for this incredible contribution! I can't wait to use it! Except, I'm really disappointed, not to mention pretty embarassed, but I'm already stuck on step #1!

Upload all files to your catalog directory

What does that mean exactly? I take it to mean that you want to post all your products on your site.

Please let me know if I got it right or totally wrong.

Thanks for your help,

Jason

I'm back again. BTW, don't use Coffeecup Direct FTP for anything but htmal files. OMG. I've had so many issues lately simply from CC FTP breaking files.

My big issue now is that the feed generators aren't working. I had gotten them to work somewhat before, then we installed Easy Populate+Attributes, which works but it broke the feed generator. This is what it says now:

Warning: fopen(/home/charm3/public_htmlfeeds/FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 408

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 409

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 410

Warning: fopen(/home/charm3/public_htmlfeeds/FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 416

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 417

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 418
File completed: FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 420

Warning: ftp_connect() [function.ftp-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 428
FTP open connection failed to FROOGLE_FTP_SERVER

Script timer: 0.406262 seconds.

The other feeds say similar things.

I'm going to subscribe to this thread. I hope that I get a helpful response and I don't forget to check back. Things have been crazy for me. Thank for the help.

Hi Ben thanks for getting back to me.i had a look at both files and they both have a column with heading location and for each item it says Address of the items's location here.

the files i looked at where froogle_uk_file.txt and FROOGLE_UK_FTP_FILENAME.

Many thanks

Hi Nafri,

You are not supposed to have a file named "FROOGLE_UK_FTP_FILENAME". That is the name of a variable in the code!

If you haven't solved your problem, please post the beginning of your feed file here, with the error message given by Google.

Google says that there is an error on line 2 of your file, so there must be something there, we just need to look at it.

Also post the entire error message Google gives you, so that we can track back the error.

Regards,

-Ben Martin

Hello All!

I have just installed the feeder, and the upload to Google works great. My problem arises after that, because once Google processes it, it says that I have too many errors. My question is: is it something that I am doing wrong, or is it the feeder?

This is what I got from Google.

"Bulk upload failed. No items are live. There are too many formatting errors in your file.

We didn't understand the header (first) row of your file. Please make sure that there is one attribute name for each column, and that you are using valid attribute names.

This attribute was not correctly defined. Please check the formatting in the header (first) row.

1"

Here is the first few lines of my output file:

http://cellgiant.com/product_info.php?lang...;products_id=28 Audiovox 5600 Premium Leather Case High quality genuine leather Thick and durable for longevity Flexible and conforming Double stitched for strength Internal mesh padding to protect against drops Belt clip and wrist strap Screen protection on all cases 2007-06-16 Audiovox 5600 Premium Leather Case,5600,Audiovox 8.99 http://cellgiant.com/images/leathercase.jpg 28us Y US:Ground:3.95,CA:Ground:3.95,UK:Ground:3.30,DE:Ground:0,AT:Ground:3.30,IE:Groun

d:3.30,CH:Ground:3.30,DK:Ground:3.30,PL:Ground:3.30,FR:Ground:3.30 Audiovox 1 Visa,MasterCard,AmericanExpress,Discover,check,WireTransfer,PayPal We also accept payments by PayPal and by Bank Transfer. 7 Florida Leather Cases USD en ALL new Address of the items's location here

http://cellgiant.com/product_info.php?lang...;products_id=33 Kroo Pouch Red Stripes The Kroo-Pouch is the perfect accessory for the woman on the go. This portable handbag is fashionable and fits all small cellular phones. The Kroo-Pouch can also be used to hold a wide variety of every day accessories. The hand strap snaps on and off for easy access. The flexible texture of the pouch will protect your phone from scratches. 2007-06-16 Kroo Pouch Red Stripes,Cases,Universal 11.99 http://cellgiant.com/images/blk-red-strip.jpg 33us Y US:Ground:3.95,CA:Ground:3.95,UK:Ground:3.30,DE:Ground:0,AT:Ground:3.30,IE:Groun

d:3.30,CH:Ground:3.30,DK:Ground:3.30,PL:Ground:3.30,FR:Ground:3.30 Universal 1

Please Help!

Hi Greg,

You fedds file looks alright to me. When you created your file upload in your Google Base account, are you sure you specify that this file was for a "Products"?

Otherwise, you can write the support of Google base, explaining clearly your issue and all the details:

http://base.google.com/support/bin/request.py

http://base.google.com/support/bin/request...act_type=nofind

They generally give a very good support.

Please come back here to post what was the cause of your issue, so that we can all learn from it!

Regards,

-Ben Martin

Hi, thanks for this incredible contribution! I can't wait to use it! Except, I'm really disappointed, not to mention pretty embarassed, but I'm already stuck on step #1!

What does that mean exactly? I take it to mean that you want to post all your products on your site.

Please let me know if I got it right or totally wrong.

Thanks for your help,

Jason

Hi Jason,

That means that you need to take a FTP software to copy the files of this contribution to your web hosting server.

When it is written "your catalog directory", that means the directory where you have installed osCommerce.

By convention, people speak about this directory as being /catalog , but it might be installed in another directory for you (e.g. /my_shop ), it doesn't matter.

If you haven't used a FTP client before, it's very easy to use, you can find many simple tutorials on the Internet.

I just search on Google and found this one:

http://www.ftpplanet.com/ftpresources/basics.htm

And this is a free (and open source) ftp program:

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

That's a very good one, to my own opinion.

Regards,

-Ben Martin

Edited by benspun

I'm back again. BTW, don't use Coffeecup Direct FTP for anything but htmal files. OMG. I've had so many issues lately simply from CC FTP breaking files.

My big issue now is that the feed generators aren't working. I had gotten them to work somewhat before, then we installed Easy Populate+Attributes, which works but it broke the feed generator. This is what it says now:

Warning: fopen(/home/charm3/public_htmlfeeds/FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 408

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 409

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 410

Warning: fopen(/home/charm3/public_htmlfeeds/FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 416

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 417

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 418
File completed: FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 420

Warning: ftp_connect() [function.ftp-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 428
FTP open connection failed to FROOGLE_FTP_SERVER

Script timer: 0.406262 seconds.

The other feeds say similar things.

I'm going to subscribe to this thread. I hope that I get a helpful response and I don't forget to check back. Things have been crazy for me. Thank for the help.

Hi Melissa,

It simply looks like that, somehow, your database doesn't have the required modifications for Automated Store Feeds. For example, "FROOGLE_US_FTP_FILENAME" is the name of a variable, that you define from the admin interface.

Perhaps you restored from a previous backup?

Look in your database of the content of the file "feeds.sql" is there, then simply re-import the SQL file.

(But don't forget to make backups of your database before doing anything!)

Regards,

-Ben Martin

I feel like such a ditz! Ok:

STEP 1: Upload all files to your catalog directory

means: Upload all "the included contributions" files to your catalog.

What was I thinking!?

Thanks for your help, Ben!!

I really appreciate it!

Jason

Thanks for this cool contribution! I can't wait to use it! I did get an error, though, which is bumming me out. I'm hoping someone can help me out on this. I'm something of a newbie.

Here goes: When I go to store feeds in my admin, I get this error on all three of the froogles, the bizrate, and the yahoo (not the exact error on all three but close).

Warning: fopen(/home/subcitiz/public_htmlfeeds/froogle_us_file.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/subcitiz/public_html/admin/froogle_us.php on line 454

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/subcitiz/public_html/admin/froogle_us.php on line 455

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/subcitiz/public_html/admin/froogle_us.php on line 456

File completed: froogle_us_file.txt

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/subcitiz/public_html/admin/froogle_us.php on line 458

Warning: ftp_login() [function.ftp-login]: Login incorrect. in /home/subcitiz/public_html/admin/froogle_us.php on line 474

FTP connection has failed!

Attempted to connect to uploads.google.com for user [email protected]

Script timer: 3.714100 seconds.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank You!

Jason

Thanks benspun. I reuploaded everything. This is what I get now:

Warning: fopen(/home/charm3/public_htmlfeeds/froogle_us_file.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 446

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 447

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 448

Warning: fopen(/home/charm3/public_htmlfeeds/froogle_us_file.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 454

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 455

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 456
File completed: froogle_us_file.txt

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/charm3/public_html/store/admin/froogle_us.php on line 458
Connected to uploads.google.com, for user charmedbystarr
uploads.google.com: FTP upload has failed!

Script timer: 4.839561 seconds.