• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Finally an easy Photogallery to install!

Tsuri Japan

I'm so happy I finally was able to make a cool funky gallery intergrated into my site......

http://www.tsurishopjapan.com/customer_gallery.php

In a nut shell here's what I did......

1. Installed the software JALBLUM

2. Added a folder of my photos to the program

3. Found a template that I liked

4. Hit publish and that did a FTP upload to my sever

5. In my sever I found the the file index.html of the programs gallery and copied the link to it

6. Found the file catalog/includes/languages/english/myfiletoadd a gallery file and added this code

<iframe src="album/index.html" width="512" height="370">

Please use a browser that supports iframes

</iframe>

I changed the width so it would blend properly into my site and the results are simple and easy. If I can do this anyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeee can.

* Offsite linking

Does this help?

Nigelman :lol:

Edited by 241

I'm so happy I finally was able to make a cool funky gallery intergrated into my site......

5. In my sever I found the the file index.html of the programs gallery and copied the link to it

6. Found the file catalog/includes/languages/english/myfiletoadd a gallery file and added this code

</iframe>

I changed the width so it would blend properly into my site and the results are simple and easy. If I can do this anyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeee can.

Does this help?

Damn, I love it Nigelman. What version did you download as there are several different files to download. Maybe you should consider making this a contribution.

Edited by 241

</iframe>

Does this help?

Hi Nigel

Didn't you just know that if you said it would be easy, someone :blush: would have a problem! :P

I have played for loooonger than 10 mins & got it to look how I like. Then I used the publish part. All is well I think as I have a folder called album in the root (of my test shop) where I sent all.

In includes/languages/english/gallery.php I added:

</iframe>

I also tried:

<iframe src="www.mysite/album/index.html" width="512" height="370">
</iframe>

I can see a scrolling box, but it says

Sorry, there has been a page error

The server could not complete your request.

The script or file you are trying to call may be incorrectly written.

The host may be having a problem currently.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the XXX home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

Click Here to try another link.

I have read through most of the tutorial & FAQ etc, but can't see why I can't see my album.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Julie

Edited by 241

OK...It is really late, so I am going to bed as my eyes aren't working any more let alone my brain! :P

Update: I checked the preview button at the bottom of the Publish tab & it gave me the album, so it is there. I also came out of my browser page & checked again but it still says

Sorry, there has been a page error

The server could not complete your request.

I'll check again tomorrow, when it might have cleared itself.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions please...just in case. :D

Thanks

Nite

Julie

A link is always nice.......

When I first uploaded it I sent it to my root too, next I moved the whole folder into where my OS shop is. I clicked on the index.html from the album and copied the complete URL of it. Then I went to where my photogallery page was in my languages/english/customer gallery.php file and pasted this:

<?php
/*
 $Id: conditions.php,v 1.4 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Customer Gallery');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Customer Gallery');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<p align="left">Welcome to our photogallery of customers who have used our tackle.</br>
<iframe src="http://www.tsurishopjapan.com/album/index.html" width="768" height="500">
</iframe>
');
?>

Does this help a bit?

Nigelman :thumbsup:

Edited by Tsuri Japan

A link is always nice.......

When I first uploaded it I sent it to my root too, next I moved the whole folder into where my OS shop is. I clicked on the index.html from the album and copied the complete URL of it. Then I went to where my photogallery page was in my languages/english/customer gallery.php file and pasted this:

<?php
/*

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Customer Gallery');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Customer Gallery');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<p align="left">Welcome to our photogallery of customers who have used our tackle.</br>
<iframe src="http://www.tsurishopjapan.com/album/index.html" width="768" height="500">
</iframe>
');
?>

Does this help a bit?

Hi Nigel

I didn't have the http:// & now it works...or is it just because it is a fresh, bright new day? :huh:

I have noticed with mine, & yours, that on the first page there is an arrow that goes to the next level up, but instead it shows a HTTP 404 error not found. As there is no next level up, (it is trying to go to /index.html) Can we get rid of that arrow, or just hope our customers don't press it & get confused?

I think we need a different page for any additional albums? ie: customer_gallery.php & other_gallery.php

Do you know of a better way, before I start creating new pages?

Thanks for your help & sharing this great find with us.

Julie

Julie,

Yeah I just noticed that today actually......... your guess is as good as mine. I think if we can we should play around with the coding and remove that section or button out. How about when people click on the that arrow they'll just come back to the main page? I haven't started to look at this yet but it's just my guess. If you figure something out Julie please feel free to add your code.

Did you know if you change the css (hard drive) on your comp and when you go to upload that'll be the new css?

How's your look so far?

Nigelman B)

Julie,

Yeah I just noticed that today actually......... your guess is as good as mine. I think if we can we should play around with the coding and remove that section or button out. How about when people click on the that arrow they'll just come back to the main page? I haven't started to look at this yet but it's just my guess. If you figure something out Julie please feel free to add your code.

Did you know if you change the css (hard drive) on your comp and when you go to upload that'll be the new css?

How's your look so far?

Nigelman B)

Hi Nigel

I figured out the button problem. :D

Click on the tab for your theme eg: " Chameleon"

Click on the "General" tab

Change the "uplink from main page" to "none"

Now the arrow button has gone!

I have two different albums on one page & am now trying to find out how to create a second page that flows stright from this page. ie still originating from the main link to page1 & following to page 2 :blink:

This is all still on my test site, but I will upload to my main site later, if you want to see.

Julie

Julie what you should do (not a 100% sure) is in your folder on your desktop organize your folders via that way. So maybe the first folder will be like, my store photos, then folder 1 and 2. So basically organizing the folders woulbe be done before you add it to your J-Album program.

PS thanks for that tip I'll make that change since there's only one ablum on my page.

Julie, GOT IT!

if you want that black arrow to apear and work here's what you do.........

In the last tab of the program hit Chameleon and look for LINK. The link should read index.php not index.html. If you change it to that she'll work ok for you!

Hope that helps out a bit :thumbsup:

Nigelman ;)

Julie, GOT IT!

if you want that black arrow to apear and work here's what you do.........

In the last tab of the program hit Chameleon and look for LINK. The link should read index.php not index.html. If you change it to that she'll work ok for you!

Hope that helps out a bit :thumbsup:

Nigelman ;)

Hi Nigel

Thats great. There are so many things that you can do with this, that I guess it will take a while to read through ALL the instructions! :lol:

I am going to leave mine without an up arrow for the time being.

WellI have sorted out my extra pages & buttons & transferred it to the main site now. :-"

Have a look & let me know what you think? Here

Cheers

Julie

it looks great Julie, I like how you customized it and tweaked everything. I'm jelious, I see you used the same skin as me? That chameleion one is great, I must admit and it's simlpy the best one from J-Album.

Ok well I'm glad things worked out for you and I imagine there will be more os commerces people to follow in using this program.

Take care,

This contribution looks good - I have a couple of questions before I attempt to install it:

Is there just a plain skin with no borders?

Does the gallery work with all browsers (the html-based skins and the flash skins)?

Thanks!

Yes there are simple templates you can choose from.......I check out skin called "SIMPLE" and it looks very basic with left and right arrows with you either choosing a white or black background.

Also I found this in their FAQ section.......

<Q>The final album is ok but I would like to adjust/add/remove [your modification here]

<A>A lot of things can be set in the JAlbum user interface tabs and on the skin specific tab, but if you don't find a user interface control for what you'd like to adjust, add or change in the final album (font sizes, alignment etc), edit the skin template files instead, there is even a tutorial for this if you find it hard. The skin template files are basically html files stuffed with some JAlbum specific tags and variables. They form the base for all generated album pages. Use a plain text editor like Notepad to edit or an html editor like Frontpage. If you are adjusting a size, font or colour, edit the style files of the skin instead (see the styles directory of the skin you are using). NEVER modify the generated html pages, or you will find yourself having to re-modify them every time you generate an album.

so if you're good at editing HTML coding you'll be able to even tweak or change it to your hearts content.

Yes it works with macs, my friend is one and he said on his comp it looks great!!!! So far I know it works in F.F and IE.

Give it a try I'm sure you'll like it :thumbsup:

Nigelman

Thanks Nigelman,

I just installed the software and have created the gallery on my local computer.

Regarding publishing: The program seems to be uploading the files. However, when I go into the directory there are no files there. When I press on the "preview gallery" link I get "this page cannot be found".

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Sarah,

When you get it going lets see what it looks like ok? I'm glad you could figure this out and I look foward to helping people out on this one!

Nigelman

HEY NIGEL, I have it up and running on my site here. I was also able to use the same technique to add a Blog to the site. Love the idea of using the iframe as it really makes thing easy to add to OSC. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Guy

HEY NIGEL, I have it up and running on my site here. I was also able to use the same technique to add a Blog to the site. Love the idea of using the iframe as it really makes thing easy to add to OSC. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Guy

Forgot to add that this works very well in STS.

great stuff and glad it worked out.......cool planes you got there! You should just change your folder name of test to something more cooler in my opinion but overall it looks great. I think everyone has been using the same template I noticed :thumbsup:

Nigelman B)

• 4 months later...
great stuff and glad it worked out.......cool planes you got there! You should just change your folder name of test to something more cooler in my opinion but overall it looks great. I think everyone has been using the same template I noticed :thumbsup:

Nigelman B)

I know its been a while but i really am struggling with this.

I have created the new page and links to it which you can see here at - http://www.sound-offers.co.uk/store/

I have jalbum configured and installed here with just some sample pics - http://www.sound-offers.co.uk/store/gallery/index.html

Now if i add the following lines of code into gallery.php from includes/languages/english the page just loads completely blank. nothing appears.

<iframe src="http://www.sound-offers.co.uk/store/gallery/index.html" width="440" height="230">

</iframe>

If i comment out the above the page appears as you see it currently.... help! have spnt about 3 days messing around trying various options and i just cant get the thing to appear!

• 5 months later...

As a Newbie (sorta),

I was having a problem getting it to show how Tsuri has it. (nice of him to share this, nice work).

So here's the Tsuri Photo Gallery for "Dummies" - I may package this to make it easier..:

Follow Tsuri's instructions,

To integrate:

as example - let say you are calling your photo page: photogallery.php

open Incudes/filenames.php - at bottom paste: define('FILENAME_PHOTOGALLERY', 'photogallery.php'); - before the closing ?>

To make it match your site: open a simple file like catalog/conditions.php

replace all FILENAME_CONDITIONS to FILENAME_PHOTOGALLERY (should be 3 places)

name this new file: photogallery.php - upload to catalogs/

Create your language files; (for each language you use)

name it photogallery.php with below code, drop in folder -- > Incude/language/english/

language code:

<?php

/*

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Our Photo Gallery');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Our Photo Gallery');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<p align="center">Below is our photo gallery.</br><br>

<iframe src="http://your_domain.net/photogallery/album/index.html" width="440" height="1000"> <!-- adjust W&H and path to your gallery-->

</iframe>

');

?>

----------------------------------

Then upload all:

album

catalog/photogallery.php

include/filenames.php

include/language/english/photogallery.php

any other language

----------------------------------

then go to your URL

your_domain.net/photogallery.php

** Wal-la !! the gallery should show with your template.. yes?

worked for me... thanks again Tsuri!! - let me know if does not work!

Edited by CD Monster

Music is body splash for the soul.