• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal: Store name instead of Item(s) name and order(s) not apeparing in admin

chrissatchell

I've got a problem where the store name is appearing where the item(s) name should when i get a payment notification from paypal but also sometimes the order doesnt appearing in my admin tools anywhere.

Please help :thumbsup:

I have a similar problem, in that I receive a customer's payment, but the order is never actually placed. All of the items remain in the customer's shopping cart.

As far as I can tell, this is due to the fact the the order is not generated until the customer returns to my site from PayPal (to checkout_process.php).

This seems like a bad move, and that checkout_process SHOULD be called first, then the payment module.

This would also work better with PayPal IPN.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

Thanks,

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem, payment goes through fine but...

1) Store name appears where product name should be in paypal invoice/email

2) No order details show up in the admin section

please help! is there a checklist of all the troubleshooting steps necessary in case we've missed something?

cheers

This method does not seem to solve it completely tho... there's a limit on how long the PayPal description can be... so if you order too many things they will be truncated :( Must be a better way...

Does anyone out there know how to add the description of the items to paypal instead of the store name, so far i changed my store name to

Items purchased from www.mysite.com as a temporary work around.

I'm certain this is causing customers not to finish the checkout process as around 33% are not finishing.

Any help greatly appreciated.!!

Thanks !!!!

• 1 month later...

I wish I knew!

It's the same with our site.

It's VERY frustrating and I know from customer feedback that it definately puts them off finishing the sale when there's no items listed.

I had it working, but only partially, as described in this thread. Only a certain amount of text of the items was displayed.

This was before I changed to the Paypal IPN module.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------