• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

column_right.php or column_left.php

lt_oneman

I'm not getting the info i need by my other posts so let me ask this another way. below is what i have.

I know most of you have seen something like this before.

with the require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'FAKE_NAME.php'); will someone please go open a simple or default left AND right Column files and paste them here and please add the (require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'FAKE_NAME.php');) <--- where it would be say if i wanted it on top and bottom.

please place the code so it would show where it goes to make it show on top. both file And places it if you wanted it to show on the bottom. both files. this is the problem i'm having in not know where it goes..

someone please

In catalog > includes > column_right.php or column_left.php :

ADD (wherever you want the new box to appear)

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'FAKE_NAME.php');

Thanks

I'm not getting the info i need by my other posts so let me ask this another way. below is what i have.

I know most of you have seen something like this before.

with the require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'FAKE_NAME.php'); will someone please go open a simple or default left AND right Column files and paste them here and please add the (require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'FAKE_NAME.php');) <--- where it would be say if i wanted it on top and bottom.

please place the code so it would show where it goes to make it show on top. both file And places it if you wanted it to show on the bottom. both files. this is the problem i'm having in not know where it goes..

someone please

Thanks

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS?? thats what this site is for isn't it?? HELP!!! Seems over 10 people has looked at this post and yet not one of them can take the time help me :angry:

I understand you are new here, but you need to have patience. Multiple postings will not help in getting an answer.

Also, be independent and try things for yourself! If you open up and look at includes/column_left.php (or column_right), you will see many instances of:

Those all display in order from top to bottom. So, if you want your new box to be the first one to show, then just find the first 'require' statement in the file, and just above it, add your require statement for the new box:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'NEW_BOX.php'); //this will show first
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'WAS_FIRST_BOX.php');	//this will now show second

Same logic applies for bottom. Just find the last 'require' statement and add your new box require statement on the very next line.

If you add the require statement in column_left.php, it will show up on the left column of the website. Similarly for column_right.php.

The reason no one out of ten people replied to your post, is that you could have easily opened the file yourself and put the require statement in different places to see how it shows up on your website; this does not require that you have much programming experience.

Hope that answers your question.

Edited by safoo

I understand you are new here, but you need to have patience. Multiple postings will not help in getting an answer.

Also, be independent and try things for yourself! If you open up and look at includes/column_left.php (or column_right), you will see many instances of:

Those all display in order from top to bottom. So, if you want your new box to be the first one to show, then just find the first 'require' statement in the file, and just above it, add your require statement for the new box:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'NEW_BOX.php'); //this will show first
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'WAS_FIRST_BOX.php');	//this will now show second

Same logic applies for bottom. Just find the last 'require' statement and add your new box require statement on the very next line.

If you add the require statement in column_left.php, it will show up on the left column of the website. Similarly for column_right.php.

The reason no one out of ten people replied to your post, is that you could have easily opened the file yourself and put the require statement in different places to see how it shows up on your website; this does not require that you have much programming experience.

Hope that answers your question.

Well i did open the file and i did add this one line to it and i did try it and it was showing up 5 times on the left and 9 times on the right.. yet i only added it once it shows 5 on left and 9 on right side.. so i thought if i asked someone would atleast show me just where it should be and thinking someone would know why it would show up so many times. i have move the line more then once but it still shows more then once. thought it would be ok just to ask.

which contribution are you trying to add?

well i have this Google_Adsense_Box_v1.1c and can't get it to work or show on the site. i can find it in admin and it's says it's on but nothing shows.

i also have Paypal Verified Infobox 1.1. not this works and shows up but it shows up 5 times on the left and 9 times on the right. i only added it once but i don't know why it's showing up so may times.